Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Install Body Kit Guide for a 1990 2DR CB7 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install Body Kit Guide for a 1990 2DR CB7 ??

Inb4 google/search ALREADY DID !

i cant seem to find a guide or any instructions =\ and youtube just has a bunch of ppl showing off there kits...not putting them on

anyone know where to get a 1990 accord full body kit guide ?

P.S. and Fenders ?
    Last edited by tutsuo; 01-24-2012, 07:31 PM.
    Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
    Originally posted by deevergote
    den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

im pretty sure its nothing more than creative use of drilling, screws, shims (spacers), double sided tape, and zip ties. most kits require mounting holes to be drilled manually, and some trimming to be done around the edges.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
      im pretty sure its nothing more than creative use of drilling, screws, shims (spacers), double sided tape, and zip ties. most kits require mounting holes to be drilled manually, and some trimming to be done around the edges.
      i was afraid someone was gunna say that. i might just take it to a body shop and have them do the fenders and body kit. my memory is shit and i know ill for get something important and start driving rip that shit off and x,x god knows what.
      Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Holy shit man... you're talking to adults here, not your little girliefriend. Please don't type like a child.

Yes, if you do not know how to do bodywork, then making a kit fit properly may be beyond you. A quality body kit installed by a quality body shop will look good, especially if you get it painted (unpainted body kits look like crap, no matter how well they're installed.) A cheap body kit installed by a kid in his mom's driveway will look just as pathetic as that description sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Holy shit man... you're talking to adults here, not your little girliefriend. Please don't type like a child.

Yes, if you do not know how to do bodywork, then making a kit fit properly may be beyond you. A quality body kit installed by a quality body shop will look good, especially if you get it painted (unpainted body kits look like crap, no matter how well they're installed.) A cheap body kit installed by a kid in his mom's driveway will look just as pathetic as that description sounds.
          ur insults never stop to amaze me.. and to think its only cause of ur anonymity online... but wait maybe im 27 and never owned a car ?! and rode motocycles all my life.. no way maybe this is my first time ever even learning about cars... so far everyone else has been more then helpful.

oh and by the way... i am getting it put on at a body shop and getting it all painted... just cause its a 1990 doesnt mean its gunna run or look like one.

i was really gunna donate $100 to the site, no bullshit think im messing around. cb7tuner.com has saved me over 2grand on repairs and parts...so i said give 100 back no biggie.. u just made it a biggie deev... but then again seeing how you talk to almost everyone i really dont think u give a shit. or maybe its ur way of saying welcome.....

Comment

Originally posted by tutsuo View Post
            ur insults never stop to amaze me.. and to think its only cause of ur anonymity online... but wait maybe im 27 and never owned a car ?! and rode motocycles all my life.. no way maybe this is my first time ever even learning about cars... so far everyone else has been more then helpful.

oh and by the way... i am getting it put on at a body shop and getting it all painted... just cause its a 1990 doesnt mean its gunna run or look like one.

i was really gunna donate $100 to the site, no bullshit think im messing around. cb7tuner.com has saved me over 2grand on repairs and parts...so i said give 100 back no biggie.. u just made it a biggie deev... but then again seeing how you talk to almost everyone i really dont think u give a shit. or maybe its ur way of saying welcome.....
            lmao burned

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

Comment

I wasn't insulting your knowledge of cars. I was insulting the way you type... because you type like a child. If you type like a child, you will be treated like a child. It's pretty simple, really.
              Reading that bullshit offends me, and makes me wonder if you'd even understand any help offered in the first place.

Keep your money. Put it into your car.

Comment

1 take body kit out of shipping box
                2 look at your cb7
                3A Put body kit back in shipping box and return to sender
                3B Put body kit in the garbage
                frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

I wasn't insulting your knowledge of cars. I was insulting the way you type... because you type like a child. If you type like a child, you will be treated like a child. It's pretty simple, really.
                  Reading that bullshit offends me, and makes me wonder if you'd even understand any help offered in the first place.

Keep your money. Put it into your car.
                  damn that was alot nicer reply then i thought i was gunna get, money is not an issue im sure i will still donate this site really has helped me A LOT and saved me tons... well then how should i change my typing ?

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
                  1 take body kit out of shipping box
                  2 look at your cb7
                  3A Put body kit back in shipping box and return to sender
                  3B Put body kit in the garbage
                  come on now, hopefully it will turn out looking nice. my stock shit is all scratched up from previous owner.

Comment

Kits can look great if they're installed properly. Most of the reason why people hate on kits is because they're so often cheaply made, thrown on by some idiot kid that doesn't know what he's doing, and never painted... then they're allowed to get scuffed, cracked, etc... because the owner doesn't care about them.

Oh, and tutsuo... my comments about an idiot kid putting the kit on in mommy's driveway... that wasn't an insult to you, because I assumed you already had the sense to have it done by a body shop. I can't insult you for something you've never done... and I hoped my words of disapproval would show you that doing it that way would be a bad idea.

As for your typing... that reply there is much better. Use real words, not "ur" and "ppl", or "inb4". If you're too lazy to type four letters (your) over two (ur), then you're certainly too lazy to bother following any advice someone here takes their time to give you. That's how the more intelligent, experienced members of this site think... so if you want real help, showing them that you're intelligent and not lazy by the way you type is the best way to do that. Otherwise, yes... they will assume you're just some lazy kid looking to take the easy way out, and they won't bother responding to you. The only help you'll get will be from 17 year olds that never even did the things they're suggesting.

Trust me... even when I'm being a dick, I'm being constructive. Either you can take my advice and have a better experience on this site, or you can get pissed and go away.

Comment

Kits can look great if they're installed properly. Most of the reason why people hate on kits is because they're so often cheaply made, thrown on by some idiot kid that doesn't know what he's doing, and never painted... then they're allowed to get scuffed, cracked, etc... because the owner doesn't care about them.

Oh, and tutsuo... my comments about an idiot kid putting the kit on in mommy's driveway... that wasn't an insult to you, because I assumed you already had the sense to have it done by a body shop. I can't insult you for something you've never done... and I hoped my words of disapproval would show you that doing it that way would be a bad idea.
                      no worries thanks for the advise, i will take it to a body shop and have it put on professionally and fully painted. i only asked so i could learn. but

only issue is.. the only place that might put it on and paint it is MAACO. iv never used them and im in norfolk, va and not many places around here do the kind of work im asking with out charging 2-3grand

Comment

damn that was alot nicer reply then i thought i was gunna get, money is not an issue im sure i will still donate this site really has helped me A LOT and saved me tons... well then how should i change my typing ?

come on now, hopefully it will turn out looking nice. my stock shit is all scratched up from previous owner.
                        i hope the best for you. most people on this site dont like bodykits because its a "ricer" look, personlly i hate the look lol but most people go for the jdm or stock look but its your car do anything you want with it and dont let any one bring you down just be creative.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

Comment

Originally posted by 92accord ex View Post
                          i hope the best for you. most people on this site dont like bodykits because its a "ricer" look, personlly i hate the look lol but most people go for the jdm or stock look but its your car do anything you want with it and dont let any one bring you down just be creative.
                          well here the reason i didnt go jdm and went " ricer " my dream car since i was 16 was a nissan skyline then once day i saw a accord with a skyline kit and fell inlove. money isnt much of an issue but buying a legit gtr would fuck my wallet lol. so i ended up buying this accord on impulse and said why not get that r34 kit for it. I wont do cb7tuner wrong ill post pictures in 2-4 weeks when its on and painted.

What color do u think ? i wanted a dark red ? not maroon but red or black.

Comment

JDM is the new "ricer". Everyone doing the same thing trying to be different! These days, a well-done kitted car is the most different thing you can have!

I've had my car painted twice at Maaco. They're all independently owned, so quality will vary from shop to shop. Do your research on your local Maaco. Check out their work (especially cars that have the same job you'll be getting... I've always gotten the $500 Presidential job at half price during the winter.)
                            My particular Maaco is good when it comes to painting, but not great for body work. I had rust repaired twice that came back both times. I didn't do my research on that aspect!

If you change the color of your car, and you don't paint the doorjambs, trunk, and engine bay, it may look strange. Some people don't mind, but it's something I never wanted. It will cost a good bit more to get those extra things painted properly. If you don't want to paint those areas, and you want a color change, do a color that will look good with the remaining stock color parts... and just tell people you meant for it to look that way!

Comment

JDM is the new "ricer". Everyone doing the same thing trying to be different! These days, a well-done kitted car is the most different thing you can have!

I've had my car painted twice at Maaco. They're all independently owned, so quality will vary from shop to shop. Do your research on your local Maaco. Check out their work (especially cars that have the same job you'll be getting... I've always gotten the $500 Presidential job at half price during the winter.)
                              My particular Maaco is good when it comes to painting, but not great for body work. I had rust repaired twice that came back both times. I didn't do my research on that aspect!

If you change the color of your car, and you don't paint the doorjambs, trunk, and engine bay, it may look strange. Some people don't mind, but it's something I never wanted. It will cost a good bit more to get those extra things painted properly. If you don't want to paint those areas, and you want a color change, do a color that will look good with the remaining stock color parts... and just tell people you meant for it to look that way!
                              only thing i should need is a few parts sanded because the paint is peeling off or scratched bad, and a tiny hole where the "Honda" decal was. i called MAACO they said prices range from 300-3000. So ur presidential for 500 sounds about right. good. only thing i need now is a place to put the kit on. I dont think MAACO will do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X