Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Hmmm, muffler on the left side? (drivers side)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, muffler on the left side? (drivers side)

Ok guys now this might sound like a stupid idea, and I know some of you might flame me but, you guys know how our mufflers are in the right side (passenger side) correct? Well I was thinking and I want your guys opinion on this.

What if I was to install the CD5 rear lip and instead of the muffler being on the right side, would it look bad if I put it on the left side? (angled) and yes I know I will need extra piping but I wanna know what you fellas think.

If any of you have any pics post them up!! I wanna see this "dumb idea" of mine

I cant exactly explain it all, but there's actually a reason for it being on that side. Has to do with either the gas tank and or vapors, but it has something to with gasoline and heat from the exhaust not going together...

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
      I cant exactly explain it all, but there's actually a reason for it being on that side. Has to do with either the gas tank and or vapors, but it has something to with gasoline and heat from the exhaust not going together...
      Hmm, good point, I actaully thought something like that. But it would really look good though IMO....I don't know what everyone else thinks though

Comment

It doesnt really matter what side it comes out of, honestly. As long as it comes out and there are no holes along the way, lol.

Now i know the next thing that someone is going to say is "what about the v6 accords that have dual exhaust?". Well, theyre probably designed a certain way as are all cars with dual exhaust.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

probably hurt flow, you want as little bends as possible.

Comment

it might look alright but too many bends make bad sounding exhaust... i say no

Comment

why would it need more bend to be on the other side
              Members Ride sold...
              I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

You can do it. I dont think it would matter on a CB though. My brother did it on an evo 4-6 chassis but it made sense because it reduced the ammount of exhaust piping.

Comment

more bends = less flow
                  less flow = crappy noise
                  right side = more heat on gas tank

i may be wrong but doesnt gas expand on heat and give crappy mileage? i thought i remember learning that from my grandpa or w.e lol

but anyways i would just leave it the way it is...dont mod it unless its needed or would be better and in this case...itd b worse lol

.My Ride.

Comment

you could if you want, but what are you going to do with the old hole?

seems like a lot of work for zero benefit, besides the fact that itll be different... though technically exactly the same, just looks different. also, the driver side doesnt have as much of a space under the trunk as the passenger side does.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I've seen some CB7s with dual exhausts. There's a very custom one here in my city with a body kit and duals. Explain that?

The car:
                      http://lethbridge.kijiji.ca/c-cars-v...AdIdZ174122237

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                        I've seen some CB7s with dual exhausts. There's a very custom one here in my city with a body kit and duals. Explain that?

The car:
                        http://lethbridge.kijiji.ca/c-cars-v...AdIdZ174122237
                        Haha.
                        Aghh. Bolted on maybe.
                        _

Comment

i would like dual if it had a v6 swap!

Comment

boost_lee has a dual exhaust. Looks good on his car.

There's a tunnel made for the stock exhaust, so you'd have to hang the pipe lower to put it on the other side. Otherwise, there's no real difference. As cpmike said, you'd have to deal with the original hole... so you'd have to fiberglass over it.

Comment

Working...
                            X