Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Question about Adhesive, Cleaner, and Plastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Adhesive, Cleaner, and Plastic

So the plasic around my door handle was broken, so I removed it, super glued it, and used 3M adhesive cleaner to remove the access. Now it looks like this.. re-cleaned, the white shit disappeared and just reappeared after drying.

What's the question?

Comment

the white shit, what is it? how do i get rid of it?

Comment

well they do sell new door handles on ebay for like 5, 10 bucks.

Comment

the vapors from super glue can turn certain types of plastic white. i've gotten that off with plastic polish before. i would rather buy a new handle from www.tasauto.com or www.ebay.com
          later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

so theres no easy way to just clean it up?

Comment

That looks like the by-product of CA (Cyanoacrylate) based adhesives' curing process.

It should wipe off with some effort.
              Try an old toothbrush with some soapy water - then throw the toothbrush out, you wouldn't want it going back in your mouth.

Comment

buy new door handle, that's how..

Comment

superglue destroys plastics like that, even just the fumes.

superglue is too brittle anyway for the door handle, and yours looks pretty demolished as it is anyway. they are cheap on ebay...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

20 bucks with shipping for a new handle! gahhh. i tried to repair mine and failed.

Comment

Well I figure that I can reinforce it with something on the backside. Its just been driving me crazy, but I have other things I need to buy. Like a cheap ebay exhaust so I can pass inspection.

Comment

if you got a U-Pull junkyard head there for a door handle, i got a maroon one even though my interior is tan for my sedan, in amazing condition, i even saw the plastic package on the floor. i paid 2 bucks for it, it may not match but atleast it works.

Turbo Setup: 100%

Comment

I don't if you know but in some situations you can try to fix it by using wire!! it''ll be hard for me to explain everything that's why ...

My first car my first ride
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=148674
                          My Polish Ride + Meetings pic
                          http://galeria.h3m.pl/main.php?g2_itemId=27303

Comment

Originally posted by P-r-z-e-m-o View Post
                            I don't if you know but in some situations you can try to fix it by using wire!! it''ll be hard for me to explain everything that's why ...

Nice idea, since I already started to use the supglue I finished off with that. And added the wire around it, used high temp solder. Clean riggin baby.

Comment

my front passenger side door handle was broken so i got a used one form the JY it didnt match the originals so i painted them flat black!
                              Last edited by rudimentary; 12-08-2009, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X