Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rust And Bondo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rust And Bondo

well i need get my rear quaters done and me and buddies wanna learn how do it but if i screw up gonna ge done next year profession anyways so we jus wanna giv a shot u thing rust cna be reapaired with bondo my friend told fiberglass bondo wat u thing?

GasOrAss?

www.club5252.com

It will take for ever and not last.

If its that bad welding is the best option

You can throw some rust neutralizer on there and bondo it up and pray that it lasts, I'd rather do it right.
    wat?

Comment

i wanna learn some stuff i will take my time
      car no where and got 3 car garage so wat would i need make look decent for a year and throw some flatblack on top this paint
      GasOrAss?

www.club5252.com

Comment

just try it. Especially if its temporary.

Mines holding up not bad, and its much better than the rust i had before.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

so how wold i start becuse mine is pretty eaten? how would i start ?>
          GasOrAss?

www.club5252.com

Comment

Originally posted by hs06
            so how wold i start becuse mine is pretty eaten? how would i start ?>
            take the bumper off first

Then get alot of rust neutralizer, throw it on there.

Then slap the bondo on let it dry sand it , and the use spot putty and sand that. then paint.
            wat?

Comment

I have yet to see a Bondo job last for a rust repair. I've gone through two cut and weld jobs, and it's STILL not taking!

Bondo may work temporarily. You'll have to cut/grind the rust out COMPLETELY. It will most likely return, though.

The only real way to ensure that it doesn't come right back is to cut it out and weld in a patch panel.

Comment

take off as much rust as you can. Grind it off, then wire wheel. Chances are you will have a big ass hole. Then get some sort of metal, and bent it to the shape of the whole to fit. Eboxy that to the car, and then bondo around it.

Bondo needs something to stick to. You cannot just fill a hole up with it.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

http://www.millsupply.com/

i got mine from this link above. they were 60 bucks for each side. i havent got them installed yet but i can give you pics of what they look like when they come to you. if you like??
                  92accord803

Comment

ehh...its olkkkkk

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
                    cleanest oem rims ive ever seen
                    Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by 92accord803
                      http://www.millsupply.com/

i got mine from this link above. they were 60 bucks for each side. i havent got them installed yet but i can give you pics of what they look like when they come to you. if you like??

best way right there^^^ dont do bondo you are wasting your time and money and in most cases it will come back even stronger as bondo traps moisture.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=9368
                      ^^thats the way i did it and eventually ended up doing the patch panels and i will never advise anyone to do the bondo way.
                      <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

ummm is it hard do weld on new qp? cause my buddie has welder
                        GasOrAss?

www.club5252.com

Comment

Zinc chromate primer

I had an idea I thought I'd share, something I learned at AandP school. Aircraft have a special corrosion resistant primer called zinc chromate primer, it's a dark green primer that you can buy in a spray can from pretty much any aviation parts website. Aircraftspuce.com is a good source I believe.

When I attempt to repair my rust, I'm gonna use zinc chromate primer and see if that prevents rust from coming back. I figure if the FAA certifies it for use on aircraft it must work pretty good. Have you guys ever used the stuff on cars before?

H22 Fund Cancelled. Flight training underway.

Comment

Ill tell you from experience, rust is not that hard to fix. The problem is getting over the fear of cutting a hole in your body. I just beat a little peice of sheet metal into to shape with a hammer and an anvil (and a piece of pipe). I used stainless steel rivets and bondo to hold it in, then ground off the heads.

It took about 3 days, couse i had to work at my job,then only worked on the rust for about 2 1/2 hours every night.
                            Then, i used spraypain to paint it. It looks 100 % beter.

Its not hard to fix, just go at it one step at a time. Id rather drive around with a hole cut out of my quarter panels than a rusted-out ride.

Comment

covering it up with bondo lasts less than a year, it always pops up the first sign of winter. it looks nicer than a rust hole though.

the only REAL way to do it is cut that corner out of the quarter panel and weld in a new piece of sheet metal.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                              Current cars:
                              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                              X