This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
    I'm assuming he'll make you atleast pay to cover his monthly mortgage & utility payments so he breaks even. Ask him and find out so you have a heads up.

If you end up giving your CB7 to your bro, make sure he gets on this forum then. If the weather did not suck as bad now, we could have a "going away" get together before you go...but weather is bad.
    Yeah, we actually just got done having the conversation.
    Everything is gonna be included so that neither of us with be taking any kind of hits.
    Im actually gonna try to give him an extra houndred bucks every other month or so to put into an account just in case i do want to go down there or to cover anyother unexpected expences

Comment

Soooooo, you are staying?
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
        Soooooo, you are staying?
        For now, yes.
        But i wont know for sure until Aprilish

Comment

Originally posted by nate'sCB7 View Post
          For now, yes.
          But i wont know for sure until Aprilish
          April 30thish?
          MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

April 30thish?
            haha, yeah.
            I planned on staying for the meet

Comment

Wellllll guys, I've been acquiring some goodies for the Mazda.

Just got my Dropzone springs and some other misc items in the mail.
              R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
                Wellllll guys, I've been acquiring some goodies for the Mazda.

Just got my Dropzone springs and some other misc items in the mail.
                I got a pt6. Wanna race?
                MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I got a pt6. Wanna race?
                  Unless you got an A6 cam and IM, that ecu will do you no good.

P12 ecu is the one that adds that extra 10hp

Comment

It has no governor.

But yea I'm gonna have to go back and get the IM
                    MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I'm not a fan of the P12 ECU idea, it was designed for F22a1 engine in a Prelude S. It works a single runner IM, so the F22a1/a4 would only qualify, useless for F22a6 or H23 IM. Also, adding 10HP with just ECU is not accurate.

Most people start adding things to their F22ax engine without proper maintenance or a healthy base motor, which is a complete waste. They are also the ones that complain about how the mods add no/minimal gains and wonder why.

I hope someone takes some of the advice below in this crew and gets going. I thought Kevin was going in this direction with JDM F20A DOHC, but that never happened unfortunately.

Some F22ax Affordable Achieveable Suggestions:

Phase 1
                      F22ax is aftermarket intake setup, F22a6 or H23 IM assembly, PT6 ECU, F22a6 cam, F22a4/a6 exhaust manifold, 2.25 or 2.5" exhaust. Mate that with a healthy motor base, manual transaxle, base idle & ignition timing set properly with proper maintenance completed. Throw a Competition Clutch stage2 clutch kit, 12 lb flywheel, short shifter and H-series 5spd tranny or atleast 90-97 Accord wagon 5spd tranny. You'll take any stock CB7 F22ax setup, even those with basic I/H/E bolt-ons.

Phase 2
                      Now if you throw a Bisimoto F22ax level 2 camshaft with CHR Motorsport F22ax budget portwork with Hondata S200 & dyno tuning, then you're talking even more fun. Add F22a6 factory oil cooling components: Water pipe, oil cooler housing, oil pickup and windage tray.

Phase 3
                      A nitrous 75 wet shot would go nicely if you must get trigger happy. Probably will want to upgrade your brake pads & rotors at this point and might want to look into light, wider rims/tire setup like a 16x7 or so.
                      Last edited by HondaFan81; 03-02-2011, 09:17 PM.
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Not entirely sure where I want to go with this.
                        Previously:
                        Acquire H22. N/A build to 300hp and LSD
                        Insert into CB7
                        Rebuild F22 with 40 lbs of boost and put in prelude.
                        Race prelude.
                        Now:
                        Not sure. Intake may happen, valve tune and spark plug seals (in possession) are at the top of my list.
                        The real problem I had with racing the prelude(or anything but the s2000) is that it's FWD. I could go RWD, but then I could get a different, bigger motor.
                        Then all sorts of big money nunbers popped into my head and had me back off the idea.
                        Then my friend told me that come 2014, the local racetrack wouldn't take cars built before 2000. Because of that, I may end up saving and buying a newer car(RWD or AWD) and racing that instead.

Couple other things: Slim possibility I might get another F22 w/auto trans. Slim
                        My trans is making funny noises, so a 5 speed may be in my future.
                        MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Other thing: This PT6 is from a manual. I know auto ECUs give a little gas when coming to a stop. Will this ECU work with what I have?
                          MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                            I'm not a fan of the P12 ECU idea, it was designed for F22a1 engine in a Prelude S. It works a single runner IM, so the F22a1/a4 would only qualify, useless for F22a6 or H23 IM. Also, adding 10HP with just ECU is not accurate.

Most people start adding things to their F22ax engine without proper maintenance or a healthy base motor, which is a complete waste. They are also the ones that complain about how the mods add no/minimal gains and wonder why.

I hope someone takes some of the advice below in this crew and gets going. I thought Kevin was going in this direction with JDM F20A DOHC, but that never happened unfortunately.

Some F22ax Affordable Achieveable Suggestions:

Phase 1
                            F22ax is aftermarket intake setup, F22a6 or H23 IM assembly, PT6 ECU, F22a6 cam, F22a4/a6 exhaust manifold, 2.25 or 2.5" exhaust. Mate that with a healthy motor base, manual transaxle, base idle & ignition timing set properly with proper maintenance completed. Throw a Competition Clutch stage2 clutch kit, 12 lb flywheel, short shifter and H-series 5spd tranny or atleast 90-97 Accord wagon 5spd tranny. You'll take any stock CB7 F22ax setup, even those with basic I/H/E bolt-ons.

Phase 2
                            Now if you throw a Bisimoto F22ax level 2 camshaft with CHR Motorsport F22ax budget portwork with Hondata S200 & dyno tuning, then you're talking even more fun. Add F22a6 factory oil cooling components: Water pipe, oil cooler housing, oil pickup and windage tray.

Phase 3
                            A nitrous 75 wet shot would go nicely if you must get trigger happy. Probably will want to upgrade your brake pads & rotors at this point and might want to look into light, wider rims/tire setup like a 16x7 or so.
                            Sounds like this is coming from the Frosty White experience you've got, at least in part, Cisco :-)

Comment

I got a pt6. Wanna race?
                              I have a 200hp 2.5l DOHC V6, sure, we can race.

Other thing: This PT6 is from a manual. I know auto ECUs give a little gas when coming to a stop. Will this ECU work with what I have?
                              Manual ECUs don't work with Automatics I believe. However, Automatic ECUs work with either manuals or autos.
                              R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

If you have auto, stick with auto ECU.
                                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                                X