Driving with NO hood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driving with NO hood?

hey guys, just wondering if driving with no hood (in good sunny not wet weather) is a bad idea? not for a long period i just wanna experiment a little and just wondering if this is alright?

thanks guys!
    1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

its illegal in most states but its not bad for the motor in anyway whatsoever. just illegal.

Comment

i wonder if my aerodynamics would be hurt badly.....anyone?
      1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

been there done that, no big deal.
        FA1

Comment

^^^^^^ i did the same thing for like a week 2 yrs ago. the only thing bad about it is when u go shopping. think about it. i had some punk as kid break my spark plug wire that goes into the dist cap. thats the only bad thing about it. i remember i had no hood on once i hit a top speed of 133mph (dead zone) i had a short ram on man was that sucking in air or what

Comment

hmmm prob only idots trying to steal things/break things. and if u get to a certain speed u could start to potentially tear things off with the wind....aerodynamics would be hurt a tad bit bc now the air has many little things to go around not a smooth flat surface like a hood. i wouldn't do it, not even when racing
            My members ride thread

Comment

no point to taking it off.

^sold

Comment

/\ Unless you're driving to pick up a new hood... I mean, your stock hood doesn't just slide inside your car you know...

I might do this on my way to ATL to pick up a new ViS CF hood after I get the Sebring paid off...

Comment

i've done it a few times driving around town, but i wouldn't park and leave it unless i could see it in veiw. i feel like a jackass when i do it, but it is fun to see people stare. later.
                  Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Good for cooling, bad for aerodynamics (definitely negates any weight reduction benefits in a drag race situation...) Also illegal, as 91accord4door stated There really is no benefit, unless you want to show off or buy a new hood (I learned that the hood doesn't fit the hard way myself... stupid me...)

Comment

on ebay they sell clear hoods if you want people to see your engine and you wont lose aerodynamics

Comment

youll prolly gain a lot of HP from taking your hood off...the setback..is the drag created by it..your engine will be cooler ..and you will gain a lot of HP...
                        also you will reduce the weight of your car.

you will create a lot of drag on highspeeds..but you will def have more power..plust you will shave off about 50 pounds.

what you guys stated already /

Comment

^^^^all you guys are right. the only reason why i took mine off was cuz i was doing to my car. took it off and was to lazy to put it back on

Comment

mayberry4thgen and i started a tradition where every time we swapped a motor, we would take it for a test spin hoodless. sort of a proud thing...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                            Current cars:
                            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

haha Mike you the man. Only time i drove with no hood was in my 86 honda accord LXI

Comment

Working...
                              X