X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been turned to the DOHC side...

and been domesticated in the process.
    This is my new ride.

It's an '06 with 16,xxx's miles on it. Had to travel a four-hour drive away to get it, but it was almost 3 grand under KBB retail value, and I can't find anything wrong with it more than a broken plastic shift-boot ring and a missing tweeter cover. More pics:

Wave to the people, Cobalt.

Did anybody know that these things come with the battery in the trunk? There's a positive terminal on the engine fuse panel for jumping the car.

The only thing that upset me about the whole thing was taking my CB key and remote off of my keychain and handing them to my father in case he needs to move it around in his driveway. There's no room to store it where I live. This is the first car that I've picked out and purchased for myself that wasn't an Accord, only the second that wasn't a CB7, and this is the seventh car that I've had. My first was a CRX that I was given, and my wife has picked out two SUV's. I've picked 1 '89 Accord, 4 CB7's, and now this.

damn why so many cars?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Well, my first car was an '84 CRX. I drove it for a couple years and it was nice but it was really beat up. I was working at the time as a computer technician, and I was sent to alot of lawers and doctors offices, a local government agency or two, and my car just didn't look that great. So I bought a '91 Accord LX 5-speed with intake and exhaust. I didn't know alot about cars at the time and actually managed to kill the engine in about a year. Soon after the car died I lost my job, so I didn't have alot of money to replace it. I bought '92 LX salvage and used parts from my '91 to fix it up. I had it on the road for maybe six months and it was hit while parked in a supermarket lot. Before I could use the insurance money to fix it, a big tree limb fell on it a caused alot more damage, and it became pretty much a lost cause. I went awhile without a car, but in early 2004 I picked up an '89 Accord SE-i for $500. It ran okay for a little while, but somebody in its past didn't take good care of it and it had alot of electrical problems. September 8, 2004 my son was born and I need something I could rely on, so I bought a '92 DX auto off of ebay that only needed a radiator. I had it for all of a month and a half when it was hit. It was still drivable I kept driving it. Use the insurance money to buy my (current CB) '92 EX auto, so my and my wife could have two cars (we both work). She drove the DX but didn't like it because the power steering didn't work at all and the tranny leaked, so she picked out a '95 Chevy Blazer off ebay. Beginning of last year she rear-ended a CRV and totalled the Blazer. So we went to a local used car dealership and she picked out a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee, which we still have. As for the Cobalt, well I was sick of only driving automatics, and we can't afford to put down 2k or more in one shot to pick up a manual CB7 or 9 (or Prelude) in good shape. So had to get financing and that limited me to 2000 or newer, and 60,000 miles or less. This Cobalt was the best deal by far that I could find on a sedan I'd actually enjoy driving, and my wife didn't want me to get a coupe. There was actually an '01 Accord here in town for sale for a really could proce, but it was a salvage rebuild, and branded titles are a no-no for the finace people. Sorry for the long explanation.
      Last edited by sandman61377; 03-25-2007, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Damn bro I guess youre going competition with RayRay...lol
        accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
        ....................My New Baby
        SOLD TO
        ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Ohh the ride looks cool BTW.
          accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
          ....................My New Baby
          SOLD TO
          ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

not bad dude, i actually really like the doors. who installed the kit? previous owner, or the dealer?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

my roommate has a blue coupe. its ok, but its an auto. Its not the 200hp supercharged ecotec either.
              -Mark-
              CB7
              CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
              Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

i love that color

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                  not bad dude, i actually really like the doors. who installed the kit? previous owner, or the dealer?
                  The dealership I bought it from said it came to them that way, so must have been the previous owner.
                  And ACC0RD22, mine isn't the supercharged engine either, but I figure 171hp stock is pretty decent from a 4-cyl domestic that gets 30+ mpg highway.

Comment

nice ride.. really an SS? .. i thought SS's had different taillghts, spoiler, front end(to fit intercooler) and interior. but i'm not sure . the SS i test drove had leather two color bucket seats and boost gauges, lol.

i realy like that candy orange though.. good stuff .. supercharged ftw!
                    -:¦:-
                    Originally posted by wed3k
                    i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

The supercharged one is a coupe, this one's N/A. That's also why the tails on the one you testdrove were different, all the sedans have one style tails, all the coupes have a different style. For some reason the supercharged SS's have leather standard, but on the N/A one's (both coupe and sedan) leather is optional.

Comment

Originally posted by sandman61377
                        The supercharged one is a coupe, this one's N/A. That's also why the tails on the one you testdrove were different, all the sedans have one style tails, all the coupes have a different style. For some reason the supercharged SS's have leather standard, but on the N/A one's (both coupe and sedan) leather is optional.
                        ic ... still a nice car u got
                        -:¦:-
                        Originally posted by wed3k
                        i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Working...
                        X