Losing interest in my cb7.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing interest in my cb7.

I am slowly but surely losing interest in my cb7, it is just becoming very disappointing. I need some more work and dont want to put in the time, and i need to get my rocker arms re adjusted or somethign like that. Im beginning to belive that none of this garbage that ive been doing is worth it. Your opinion?
    To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

It's all worth it in the end. See my car i was thinkin the same thing is it even worth to fix or just buy a newer accord. What im trying to do for a graduation present is for my mom and dad or my mom get me an h22a that would be one sweet grad present. But see i dont know where i can install it because i cant do it in my hard because of our new driveway and our garage is full of crap and when its clear its still impossible to fix a car in. So if i ever did that i dunno where i would

wait what does this have to do with anything

Keep it man it will all be worth it in the end.

Comment

well....what kind of work does it need? What have you done so far?
      00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

ive done allot. lol but i do want more to be done its just that sometimes my enthusiasm goes away. heres a link http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&threadid=4594

Comment

i guess thats why show cars end up always being sold... people lose interest.

well ill just say this, that they cb7 is a great looking car, and it has enough aftermarket stuff to make it a fun car to work on. if u lose interest tho, theres nothing we can do

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Man, that car is too nice to give up on!

It looks great... Now start making it fast! EVERY car will be a lot of work. Just remember that if you get rid of the CB7 that you put so much into already, you're going to be starting fresh with something else. New problems, no mods, no personality until you add lots more work, time, and money.

Your CB7 is already original. Keep it up!

Comment

Thanks man ive decided to take my skirt off LOL and get back to work so i went out and took some photos, shes lookign great so i should be getting my rsr exhaust soon. Im coming back hard.

Comment

I have been in that "is it worth it" zone before with my car many a time. I have found though, that it is because I am doing small things to keep my appetite but all it was doing was teasing it. Basically it was just time for me to do a big mod...like engine swap...or HIDs...or something of that nature. Just need to go big every once in a while to get my head back in the game. Plus hanging around this site and looking at DIYs makes me motivated again as well. Especailly when I see pics of other rides that are done well on this site. But in the end, cpmike is right and basically you just got to find your own motivation sometimes. Hope you find yours.
                "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Originally posted by h23accord
                  I have been in that "is it worth it" zone before with my car many a time. I have found though, that it is because I am doing small things to keep my appetite but all it was doing was teasing it. Basically it was just time for me to do a big mod...like engine swap...or HIDs...or something of that nature. Just need to go big every once in a while to get my head back in the game. Plus hanging around this site and looking at DIYs makes me motivated again as well. Especailly when I see pics of other rides that are done well on this site. But in the end, cpmike is right and basically you just got to find your own motivation sometimes. Hope you find yours.
                  ditto x Eleventeenbillion

^sold

Comment

dude i see a civic air box?
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                      It's all worth it in the end. See my car i was thinkin the same thing is it even worth to fix or just buy a newer accord. What im trying to do for a graduation present is for my mom and dad or my mom get me an h22a that would be one sweet grad present. But see i dont know where i can install it because i cant do it in my hard because of our new driveway and our garage is full of crap and when its clear its still impossible to fix a car in. So if i ever did that i dunno where i would

wait what does this have to do with anything

Keep it man it will all be worth it in the end.
                      Wayne....you know your rents would never give 2 grand to spend on your car lol..i wish mine did..i did it with savings though lol
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Re: Losing interest in my cb7.

Originally posted by midnightaccord
                        I am slowly but surely losing interest in my cb7
                        i go through that phase every year..and every year, i end up doing something new to the car. there are days when i just wanna sell it, but i can't. although i'll be purchasing a new car this summer, i will keep the cb7..for how long, i don't know. but for now, its gonna get a face-lift in about 2 weeks
                        5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                        JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

YES THAT IS A CIVIC AIRBOS WITH A spoon intake LOL Y

Comment

The car looks good- don't give up on it yet. If anything, paint the grille and black out the corner, bumper and headlights; itll get a whole new look.

OMG! They have parking meters in parking structures around there?!?!?!
                            Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                            2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                            2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                            2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Yeah def my friend and i are going to do a rs-6 hid projector retrofit and then were going to black out all lights just waiting untill i have time.

Comment

Working...
                              X