My automotive wish-list...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My automotive wish-list...

I'm eventually going to buy another car. Sometime within the next year, I'm sure. My biggest issue is... I don't know what I want from it!

I'll probably be editing this list as I go... deleting cars that I lose interest in, adding new ones... If you know anything about the cars in this list (especially chronic problems!) let me know! Feel free to offer any suggestions if you think it fits in my VERY wide range!

I'm not positive if I want a zippy little car, a big powerhouse, a luxobarge, a truck, a motorcycle, a rare machine, or something old and cool... Yeah, I know I pretty much covered everything except a cheap econobox...

I'd prefer RWD or AWD, though some of the cars on this list are FWD. Turbo would be kinda cool... or even a larger engine (or both!) Supercharged would also be fun.

I'm going to have to settle for something that excels in one area, I'm sure. Soemthing that throws me back in my seat probably won't handle like a dream. Something that handles well probably won't have guts in stock form.

I don't want to spend more than $5000... $3000-$5000 is the range I'm looking in. I want to find something that's in decent shape, which means I'm looking at cars from 1990-1996 most likely. I'm not interested in doing any major work to it, as I have the CB7 for that already! Performance is important, but I don't care to swap engines or install turbo kits in the near future.

Ok, I rambled enough. Here's my list as it sits now:

Nissan Pathfinder
    Honda Passport
    Toyota 4runner
    Honda Rebel 250 (motorcycle)
    Honda 600
    Lincoln MKVIII
    Chevy Impala SS (1994-1996 model)
    Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
    Volkswagen Corrado (supercharged)
    Mazda Miata
    Mazda RX7 (FC chassis)
    Infiniti Q45
    Toyota Cressida (the one swap candidate that interests me)
    Mitsubishi Galant VR4
    Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 (if I can find one in the price range... Stealth R/T is just as good)
    Oldsmobile Aurora (the 1st model)
    Buick Riviera

Also, another option is to get a 92-93 CB7 and FULLY restore it. Bring it back to showroom condition. I'm not sure if I'm ready for that project yet though...

Again, this list will change. I may go back and add my likes and concerns to all those mentioned above as I learn about them. My main concern is to have a car that's enjoyable to drive. It will most likely be a little less extreme in terms of performance than the CB7 (though eventually it may evolve into a beast). I want no worries, no harsh tissuebox ride, and pride as I roll around the streets

how about a nissan 300ZX like a 94 or something the ones that came twin turbo i those run for a bout 5 thousand i think ive sen some here in cali in the autotrader
    ________
    Lovely Wendie
    Last edited by Davids92Accord; 04-09-2011, 03:35 AM.

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
    "2SIIC"
    Authentic Jerseys for sale
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

Are the TT ones that cheap? If so, I would definitely like one of those. The NA ones don't interest me much because they're such heavy cars... If I could find one in turbo trim for $5000 that isn't beat to hell, then yeah, for sure!

Comment

more proof of your indecisitivityness mike

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

That Impala's a nice choice..especially the SS..I think that, the mkVIII or the GTP are the best bet..all decently sized cars, big engines/fast and who doesnt love the SS?? If i had the money...I'd go SS....= my $.02.

With this move im about to make will come big money and im considering another auto purchase as well. Was thinking either truck(short bed chevy/dodge) or maybe even 94+ civic hatch 5spd..something i can learn stick in...

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
            more proof of your indecisitivityness mike
            Yeah, for sure That's why I'm making this sort of a journal... keep a record of all the things that interest me, and see which I can go with when the time comes.

Comment

Oh, no you did NOT say Izusu Rodeo! I thought you wanted something you woudln't have to futz with? <<< Sticking the "H" logo on that wasn't/isn't a "passport" to reliability!
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Actually, I have the opposite problem ... that nagging feeling one of mine should go. and I keep thinking its initials are C B and 7.
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by deckeda
                  Actually, I have the opposite problem ... that nagging feeling one of mine should go. and I keep thinking its initials are C B and 7
                  Then get ridda the piece...

Mike, i think its funny that you said the passport and not the rodeo Ive heard theyre good. I wouldnt suggest one just cuz...but its your list.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

I see plenty on the road, so they can't be THAT unreliable. Still, the Toyota and the Nissan are above it (Nissan is my first choice) simply because those companies have a little more in terms of aftermarket.

I'd rather have the Passport than the Rodeo. I know it's the same truck, but the subtle differences on the "Honda" are better, IMO

Comment

x2

Comment

Out of the SUV's, i would pick the 4runner over the others simply because it IS a sexy beast. Of course, the one good side to an esuvee or a truck is that they are getting cheaper and cheaper, since people dont want to fork over the money to fill them up anymore. Then again.. you would have to start paying for that.

You didnt mention a stang. For cheap fast value, they are a good bet. The availability of cheap stock and aftermarket parts is more than plentiful since they are all being modified all the time.

Comment

84-88 Toyota 4Runner, Buick 3.8 Turbo conversion. 35" tires. End of story.

Comment

Nissan Pathfinder <--bad off-roading..terrible gearing
                            Honda Passport <--isuzu
                            Toyota 4runner <-- Heck yeah, one badass truck.
                            Honda Rebel 250 (motorcycle) <--you'll hate it
                            Honda 600
                            Lincoln MKVIII <--SICCKKK!!
                            Chevy Impala SS (1994-1996 model)
                            Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
                            Volkswagen Corrado (supercharged)
                            Mazda Miata
                            Mazda RX7 (FC chassis) <--hell yeah, best car on the list!
                            Infiniti Q45
                            Toyota Cressida (the one swap candidate that interests me)
                            Mitsubishi Galant VR4 <-- bestest best car on the list....Hurry up and get one, I'm seeing then in shitty condition, and costing too much.
                            Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 (if I can find one in the price range... Stealth R/T is just as good) These cars are extremely expensive to modify. A 4 Banger DSM could make it into the 11's with as much money as it would take to get a 3000GT into mid 12's

food fer eatin'
                            14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Aero, I thought about a Stang, but they irritate me. Every obnoxious kid in my area drives one of two cars... a Civic, or a Stang. Sure, they can be fast, but if I wanted an obnoxious powerhouse, I'd probably get a Camarobird instead. That, or drop a 5.0 into a Ranger

Warrior... it's your fault the 4runner is on the list! I like the looks of the Nissan better, but from the responses here, it seems the Toyota is by far the better truck. I'll definitely have to research it more if I go seriously in the truck direction!

vero... thanks for the insight. The VR4 is DEFINITELY a favorite of mine. There was a fully reconditioned one for sale 20 minutes from me about 2 years ago... White with black leather. Sold for $3000 because the asshat that was selling it did some "artwork" on the hood. Looked like ass, but for what it was, the price was insanely good. I wish I got that instead of the damn DX that I'm having towed soon!

Comment

Working...
                              X