wanted the H22...but NOT LIKE THIS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wanted the H22...but NOT LIKE THIS!!!

..was driving back to the city yesterday afternoon on the L.I.E and it started pouring. to make a long story short, my F22B hydrolocked..no more F22B
    i was on planning on swapping over the H22 in a month or so, but i had a buyer lined for my motor. this is the second time its happened already..first was my built F22a6, now the F22b..
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

that sucks...

ummm... what does hydrolocked mean?

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

This is why I use short ram. His cai sucked in water.

Comment

Originally posted by Sho Nuff
        This is why I use short ram. His cai sucked in water.

Comment

i believe hydrolocked motors can be saved.. u have to tear it down and basiclly rebuilt it but they can be saved..if u let it go for dirt cheap.. someone may be interested in it

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

yeah, these stories are what make me stick with my short ram too. i'm not gonna invest 2k + in a motor just to see it *possibly* go down the drain. i don't know what to tell you... maybe part it out... you could probably make more money that way. sorry to hear about that though; good luck.

Comment

And thats how the cookie crumbles...

sorry to hear about that.
              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

damn francis sorry to hear that.. and you already sold most of your stuff to pay the H22 off.

but hey maybe it was meant, u never know.

mauricio

Comment

Hydrolocking is where your engine sucks in water. It gets to the cylinder. That is where the air is compressed, but as you know, water cannot be compressed.. and the piston cannot make it all the way up on the compression stroke. Usually will damage and break rods, and pistons, and the crank. The pieces of the rod are sometimes shot through the side of the block

Originally posted by i_love_cb7
                  that sucks...

ummm... what does hydrolocked mean?

Comment

sorry to hear about this i still have a cai. It doesnt matter I usually doublecheck to make sure there arent any serious puddles in the road and when i go through em i put my foot down on the clutch and try not to drive throught he deepest part of that flood you can glide through to make sure it doesnt suck up any. get your h22 now make payments later.

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
                      Hydrolocking is where your engine sucks in water. It gets to the cylinder. That is where the air is compressed, but as you know, water cannot be compressed.. and the piston cannot make it all the way up on the compression stroke. Usually will damage and break rods, and pistons, and the crank. The pieces of the rod are sometimes shot through the side of the block
                      that sucks, i didn't know all that can happen.. wow, i should be more carefull driving over puddles..

primo, sorry to hear about ur misfourtune..

My Ride

Comment

Man, that really blows! At least you were planning on swapping, so you're not suddenly out of a car for long!

I always fear for my engine as well. I live in a pretty low area. If I'm coming up on a puddle, I slow down as much as possible, stay as far from what looks like the deepest part as I can get (often in the other lane) and drop it to neutral. You CAN suck up water without submerging the filter completely, but it's harder to do. If that filter goes under... You're sunk (no pun intended!) Once I freaked out and turned my car off... coasted right through

Comment

Sorry to hear about the f22b. Def look into a short ram with the H22
                          Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
                          The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

You must have went through a massive puddle. I live in that general area, and I also have a cai. (knock wood) I have driven through numerous puddles with no hydrolocking. It's the massive puddles you must watch out for.
                            My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

sucks man, this is why ive been too scared to get a CAI... short ram is perfectly fine and safe for me.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                              Current cars:
                              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                              X