Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abandoned Buildings : PICTURES (56k beware! hundreds of pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ooh damn i had missed a couple pics on the last page. the furnice were for bodies right some wierd stuff man.
    back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
      hey.

i was actually discussing this photo with a friend, who happens to believe in ghosts:
      [img]http://www.****.com/pics/buildings/psychctr/000_1988.JPG[/img]

now... ORBS are perfectly explainable flash reflections off dust particles. theory supported by many other people, as well as the fact that they mostly show up in the basement rooms that are very dusty, with stagnant gross air. show up much more commonly after weve moved around the room.

NOW... as far as that mist... i was confused by it for a while. i had no explanation. there was no visible smoke or mist, and it did not show up in the pictures before or after it.

but i think i have an explanation: my breath.

for the majority of my pictures, i just held up the camera without any viewfinder and just took a picture, then i moved on as i continued exploring.

for the image above as well as the laundry chute picture, they were actually second/third pictures i took, after i stood in place for a few seconds, adjusting the angle until the picture came out good. in both cases, the first picture came out clear, but way too off-center to keep. but as i stood there lining up for a second shot, perhaps my breath made its way out past the camera at the right time to be picked up by the picture. it WAS cold in there, and we all take cold-air-breath for granted because its something that happens as we breathe second naturely, and it goes away almost instantly.

so.... that sounds like a very very very plausible explanation for the "mist" found in those two pictures...

That's too bad, i kinda liked the whole "misty spirits" better...

what about floating orbs....big ones? would those be dust particles as well?

Comment

allllllrightey guys we found out about a HUGE new psychiatric center really close to my house!! we checked it out saturday night. we went late (midnight) so it was too dark to take pictures of the outsides of the buildings, but now we know the layout and how absolutely ginormous it is that we can go back during the day.

it is called the...

Hudson River Psychiatric Center

this place is like a huge abandoned mini self-contained town. little streets with shops and street lamps and benches and fire hydrants. its crazy. ill go more into the external layout once i go during the day to take pics.

so heres an aerial photo of the entire campus. its HUUUUGE, just about everything contained within this first picture is part of the grounds.

the red circle is the only building we actually went into to take pictures before it got too late and we had to go home... there are countless places to check out so be expecting tons and tons and tons of more pictures of this place as this summer progresses.

sooooo, let me give you a closer view of the main courtyard/town/building setup.

i dont know quite what else to say about the whole thing so ill go right into the pictures that i took that night.

sorry if any of the pics are bad i processed them and posted this all through a super laggy VNC connection over a VPN in 4bit color lmao.

enter.... if you dare

the following are standing in the first landing where you enter, looking around.

through those old double-doors is this creepy room.

enter..... the basement. not much down here besides the utility rooms...
        Last edited by JoshM; 10-16-2010, 04:13 PM. Reason: m1xe

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

whoa...

and heading upstairs. coupld random puictures. not much interesting up there besides rotting empty rooms (similar to the other psych wards) EXCEPT all of th eempty bullet shells laying in the corners of random rooms

nothing in the attic besides rafters and pipes and wires
          Last edited by JoshM; 10-16-2010, 04:13 PM. Reason: m1xe

Current cars:

Comment

sweet more pics.

so what makes you walk through places like that? sheer boredom or just curiosity?

Comment

Thats bad ass man. Kinda like the underground roads of Paris or whatever. Or was it Prague where the city is built on top of another city pretty crazy.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Awesome pics bro. It's fun to see those and to think of what actually went on there.

Comment

wasn't NY city built on top of it's old ruins after an earthquake?

Comment

crazy man lol
                    back at it again

Comment

i hate mike cause everytime i read this thread, i end up spending the next few hours online looking for abandoned places near me.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung
                        sweet more pics.

so what makes you walk through places like that? sheer boredom or just curiosity?
                        its just so eerie... creepy... scary... lonely... empty... freaky...

its fun exploring with a few people. pack up a backpack of supplies for the quest, then go try to figure out how to get in, let alone WHERE it is.

most places are completely boarded up, windows, doors... locked up tight... but of course theres always some way to get in... often left by previous "explorers"

i had no idea this particular lunatic asylum was so close to my house, its not much more than just 20 minutes away, ive passed the entrance countless times.

the main entrance they put a gate over and removed the sign and road sign. the back entrance (paint shop road) they renamed to some other street, and put up a new sign saying that the Psych Center is in the complete opposite direction. took a while looking through Google satellite maps to even track the place down based on floorplans of what the buildings were supposed to look like from reading about it online.

its just a lot of fun tracking these places down, they are the locked up and forgotten sections of the earth that the majority of people dont realize even exist, let alone have a whole college campus' worth of buildings and roads and factories. i dont go for any specific reason besides just looking around, taking pictures, trying to find the little secrets buried in corners... imagining what could possibly have taken place there. back in the day, nobody knew what to do with the loonies, besides build and overfill state-funded huge asylum "hospitals" ... once that was no longer acceptable, they literally just locked the doors, and never went back again. and they are all still sitting!!

once i get back there during the day youll be able to see what i mean, and hopefully get a feeling of why i like to look around these places. a lot of crazy things went on here... its like walking through history... a barren, overgrown, abandoned empty courtyard used to be full of bustling people (lunatics mostly) and vehicles... imagining what they could have been doing, what everything could have been used for, looking for clues to try to decipher the purpose for different things that you come across.

its better than sitting at home bored, too :P

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2
                        i hate mike cause everytime i read this thread, i end up spending the next few hours online looking for abandoned places near me.
                        hahaha.. theres abandoned places all over the place. but i think the north east is especially full of them, considering the long urban history here, plus back in the 1900's how common huge lunatic asylums were, theres campuses all over the place. dont know how much of that sorta thing youd find in CA... its a blast man... i first started coming across them and learning about them when i was talking to this girl (ORANGE PEOPLE AHHH) who knew a bunch of local "haunted" stories from websites like weirdNJ.com... also http://www.weirdus.com/ if you might wanna check your area... once you delve in, you link around and start to find names of places to track down.
                        Last edited by cp[mike]; 03-24-2008, 03:35 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

I'm a freak so pull a crated coffin out and I'll buy it from you!

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                          its really freaky the first time entering a new area. you hear weird sounds sometimes, birds, dripping water, etc... but really once you go thru the area once its not so bad to go back again. i dont understand why, but at least in this one particular building, every gate and door was left wide open... other buildings were also simple to get into...

while we were there we found a 9 person camping tent (full kit - PARTY TENT) plus some other cool stuff like a box of a dozen shot glasses

Comment

wow, i wish there were more places like that around here. i would love to go exploring like that. i need to start looking for places around here to go check out.

the only place i know about is this field with the reminence of a few stone houses that caught on fire. i've been there a couple times, and it wasn't really that great. you can't stay there for long though, as the security guard who patrols the area has an automatic paint ball gun! he's the scariest thing you'll find there.
                            Originally posted by deevergote.
                            And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

Awesome pictures, there are tons of places in washington. The nearest psych asylum is 15 minutes from here. Plus alot of old VA hospitals and weird military stuff.

Comment

Silent Hill is completely made up of course - there isn't a Toluca County in West Virginia - but there are at least twenty abandoned buildings (mostly factories) in the county I live in alone. I've talked to my friends about going in there before and we all agree it would be fun, but none of us are prepared to deal with cracked-out hobos. Which are in there, because they openly wander around outside at night.

Do you guys never run into homeless people / gypsies / werewolves? Maybe you don't since these places all seem locked up... the buildings that I've seen (off the top of my head, I can think of five I pass on my way downtown) are all pretty accessible.
                                Originally posted by TurboZach
                                Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

Comment

Working...
                                X