Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abandoned Buildings : PICTURES (56k beware! hundreds of pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

then we went and checked out the walpack center, near the delaware river on the border between jersey and PA. that as well as millbrook are completely empty towns, most of the buildings painted white... a post office... a church... houses... its such a weird place out there.

The Walpack Center

took some pics as we traveled out that way, but the only interior pictures we took are from one of the empty farm houses along the road, as our camera battery died :\

this isnt my picture, but this is what the center of walpack looks like:

here's an aerial pic:

travel pictures:

empty farm house:

ill just go in that door.. yea... not

and until next time...
    Last edited by JoshM; 10-16-2010, 12:30 PM. Reason: m1xe

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
      MIDDLETOWN PSYCHIATRIC CENTER

[img]http://www.****.com/pics/buildings/psychctr/100_0997.JPG [/img]
      [img]http://www.****.com/pics/buildings/psychctr/000_1967.JPG[/img]

This...right here...has got SILENT HILL flavor to it
      Last edited by cp[mike]; 01-24-2008, 06:28 PM.
      92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
      My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

laundry chute
        [img]http://www.****.com/pics/buildings/psychctr/000_1981.JPG[/img]

[img]http://www.****.com/pics/buildings/psychctr/000_1988.JPG[/img]
        I have a question about these two.
        see how there is a white or grey mist in them, was it foggy in those two places or did the mist only show up on your camera?

Comment

Originally posted by MY_1st_90CB7
          I have a question about these two.
          see how there is a white or grey mist in them, was it foggy in those two places or did the mist only show up on your camera?
          interesting question.

neither room appeared to be foggy whatsoever, at least to my eyes. but from the smell and feel, you could tell the air was dank and dirty...

that picture of that kitchen thing was actually the second one i took. the first came out completely normal, cept way off center, so i took this second picture. thats when it got foggy. dont remember if i used the flash for the first pic, but the one you see, the flash was turned on. it didnt appear foggy on my camera's screen, but its very noticable in the image. of all the pics we took thats the only one that was bad... didnt notice the fog in the laundry chute pic...

but now that you mention it....

weiiiiiird....

could it be because the first picture i took, the air was settled, but by the time i took a second picture, our travels had kicked up enough dust and dirt? its possible, because everything including the floor is dusty/dirty.

who knows. still creepy. i might be going back with a different group of friends tomorrow, so im gonna take more pictures of those two spots... see how they turn out :X

i dont particularly believe in hauntings and fogs/orbs showing up on cameras but not to the naked eye, because they are very easily explainable quirks of the physics of using a flash and a camera device... my first instinct was "oh it was really dusty in that room" not "oh my god was i standing inside of a spirit?"
          Last edited by cp[mike]; 01-24-2008, 07:24 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

interesting question.

neither room appeared to be foggy whatsoever, at least to my eyes. but from the smell and feel, you could tell the air was dank and dirty...

that picture of that kitchen thing was actually the second one i took. the first came out completely normal, cept way off center, so i took this second picture. thats when it got foggy. dont remember if i used the flash for the first pic, but the one you see, the flash was turned on. it didnt appear foggy on my camera's screen, but its very noticable in the image. of all the pics we took thats the only one that was bad... didnt notice the fog in the laundry chute pic...

but now that you mention it....

weiiiiiird....

could it be because the first picture i took, the air was settled, but by the time i took a second picture, our travels had kicked up enough dust and dirt? its possible, because everything including the floor is dusty/dirty.

who knows. still creepy. i might be going back with a different group of friends tomorrow, so im gonna take more pictures of those two spots... see how they turn out :X

i dont particularly believe in hauntings and fogs/orbs showing up on cameras but not to the naked eye, because they are very easily explainable quirks of the physics of using a flash and a camera device... my first instinct was "oh it was really dusty in that room" not "oh my god was i standing inside of a spirit?"
            A couple of the pics in the run of them did seem to have what "appeared" to be orbs or orb like lighting in the pics. I was kind of shocked no one really picked up on them.

Those are really nice pictures, wish I lived near you so I could have joined you.
            3 CB's gone....
            1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

man If I was there Id take some parts from that house, like those doors/windows & sell it to contractors

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

all them pics are creapy man!!! makes me think of some random horror/ sci-fi movie.
                back at it again

Comment

call me weird but i believe in them.

i have some friends ( i call them the Scooby Squad) that like to go out lookin at haunted places and whatnots around ohio and they have a pic of some glowing orbs on a bridge near Gore Orphanage Road. if she will give them to me i will post them.
                  Last edited by MY_1st_90CB7; 01-24-2008, 08:04 PM.

Comment

I had a friend who went into an old psych center that "burnt down" many many years ago (really only about half of the building was affected by the fire)... Im not sure exactly which one it was but it was over in north eastern ohio... he said that he heard and saw wierd things and yada yada yada... anyways he took home an old medical chart he found (there was a box full apperently)... so he started reading it when he got home and fell asleep and had a bad dream that night... anyways the next day he went off to school and came home his house was on fire... the fire fighters that the fire started in his room, but they were unable to figure out what caused the fire...

anyways I still dont know if I believe him, but a couple of our friends had known him longer than I knew him... they said it was true and they did seem pretty genuine when they were telling me... he also had just moved when I had met him... but I dont know... far fetched if you ask me...

I have other stories but I dont want to hog mikes thread

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

Originally posted by quakerjoe
                      I had a friend who went into an old psych center that "burnt down" many many years ago (really only about half of the building was affected by the fire)... Im not sure exactly which one it was but it was over in north eastern ohio... he said that he heard and saw wierd things and yada yada yada... anyways he took home an old medical chart he found (there was a box full apperently)... so he started reading it when he got home and fell asleep and had a bad dream that night... anyways the next day he went off to school and came home his house was on fire... the fire fighters that the fire started in his room, but they were unable to figure out what caused the fire...

anyways I still dont know if I believe him, but a couple of our friends had known him longer than I knew him... they said it was true and they did seem pretty genuine when they were telling me... he also had just moved when I had met him... but I dont know... far fetched if you ask me...

I have other stories but I dont want to hog mikes thread
                      damn thats creapy shit man! so the stuff had a bad omen on it?
                      back at it again

Comment

went back to the middletown psychiatric center and we were able to find ways into a couple buildings that we have never been into before. the one building had a huge set of basement crawl space tunnels for access to all of the piping and wiring underneath the building. we found stairs leading up, but we were not able to explore the HUGEness of this building.

we also found the waste processing facility way at the outskirts of the campus, that place was cool... had some big machinery plus all of the incinerator furnaces.

heres the pics...

Middletown Psychiatric Center

the garbage processing building

stairs leading down...

exploring the furnaces and toledo 800lb scales

huge mess of empty pill bottles. random names from random pharmacies.

the huge waste processor thing

steam pipes

the building with the utility tunnels in the basement

piping and wiring all over the place

found this in one random corner...

end of the line

up to the first couple rooms on the first floor:

still tons of floors and wings and rooms to explore!!! this is looking up at 3 floors above the basement
                        Last edited by JoshM; 10-16-2010, 12:31 PM. Reason: m1xe

Current cars:

Comment

i wish i can just roll with you to those. i love ghost and scary place hunting.

Comment

Yeah, More orbs! cp[mike] is ghost hunting! j/k

That looks like a lot of fun man. I wish there was places like this here in Washington.

I don't want to even know what was kept in the metal cabinet though.
                            3 CB's gone....
                            1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

theres still TONS of places to check out!!! the more i (we) get into this, the more places i hear and learn about.

this thread will probably be continually updated for like... ever lol.

tomorrow we are going to try tracking down another semi-local, different psychiatric center. dont know which one, but when it goes down, youll be sure to see pictures.

oh yeah, heres one more for good measure.... lmao

Last edited by JoshM; 10-16-2010, 12:31 PM. Reason: m1xe

Current cars:

Comment

wow mike.... you live the most baller life ever.. that looks like a lot of fun.. too bad there's none of that down here...

Comment

Working...
                                X