Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abandoned Buildings : PICTURES (56k beware! hundreds of pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweeeeeeeet

Comment

Thats bad ass all those buildings are interconnected via underground tunnel. Good place to throw a halloween party lol.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

looks like alot of fun man. are any of these places said to be haunted?

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
        I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

Comment

ohio has some scary shit. this place is like 20mins from my house.
          its an old TB hospital closed in like the 1960s -70s. ive been there on Halloween nite and all the noises u hear makes u think its huanted. like machines still running and moaning....

http://www.ohiotrespassers.com/lima.html
          Last edited by kc8enb07; 01-19-2008, 02:02 PM.

Comment

i took a little bit of time re-labelling this thread as well as adding an index to all the pics in the first post. ill be continually adding to this thread in the future.

Originally posted by Clean-CB7
            looks like alot of fun man. are any of these places said to be haunted?
            theres a lot of old abandoned places that are supposedly haunted. every time i hear about a new site i try to find out as much as i can about it online before i go, and some of the places have a lot of haunted stories told about them. i dont particularly believe in supernatural ghosts and hauntings, so it doesnt really phase me... but still i keep my eyes open and stay alert, because who knows, what if i see something for myself?? If youre curious, theres a lot of websites devoted to finding and exploring these places... if you want a start, check out: http://www.abandonedbutnotforgotten.com/ ... theres a number of websites out there devoted to specific areas, so be sure to search around.

i dont believe the rusty nail to be haunted at all, just an empty old bar.

the psych center is a little different. before the reintegration of mental patients from institutions into society (1960s-70s) the general public didnt hear much about the crazy things that went on at psychiatric hospitals... very poor treatment of patients, testing often resulting in death, people being buried in un-labeled graves, patients raping and killing each other, as well as employees... the Middletown psychiatric center was relatively decent as far as i understand it, but that doesnt mean the whole idea of it isnt eerie. who knows what could have secretly gone on there? once people started to hear about what went on, there was a movement for mental health rights and proper treatment, so now all of these huge institutions across the country are left empty.

theres a lot of other semi-local psychiatric centers, including Letchworth Village down in rockland county. this one was supposedly horrible to patients and its HUGE and entirely deserted... except they still actively patrol the different roads. weve gotten kicked out twice :\ the only building we were able to fully explore was a small ward building (no pics), almost the same as the large ward building in middletown (which i have no pics of either). i only got one pic of a huge tank in a basement at Letchworth:

[img]http://www.****.com/pics/buildings/letchworth/letchworth-basement.jpg[/img]

theres also a large center called Byberry State Psychiatric Hospital out near Philly. plus one down in jersey. they are all over the place, and they are all left deserted after they became "illegal." psych centers are far more interesting to check out than other regular empty buildings... because you KNOW they have been unused for decades, you KNOW they wont be used again, and you KNOW they have some crazy histories!!
            Last edited by cp[mike]; 11-14-2008, 02:09 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

ohh man Mike. Now you have sparked my curiosity. I pass byberry very often. You can see it Right off of route one on the right side(when your traveling south). I found This site about it. Interesting. I will have to visit this one time when its warmer. There are a couple more site on this building. Supposedly very big, creepy, and with 24/7 security as well as one's cop favorite place to hang out. ALso supposedly there a bums in there :sacred:

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

So these buildings are underground? And desserted? Why is nothing done with them?
                Click for my ride thread.

Comment

mike your one crazy fucker man. But i'm thinkin about makin a trip up there this summer. I'm down for this.

if thats cool with you...

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

soooo... checked out a couple new places this weekend. First off was sunday night, we went to the Kenvil Newcrete Products co, which is a completely abandoned paper printing/mill type place out in NJ. pretty cool, it had a huge empty warehouse place, as well as some smaller buildings with offices and stuff in em. it was old, ratty, and empty... and in the wind the loose window panels and stuff were creaking and rattling, echoing thru the empty room... scared the shit out of us a few times...

then tonight we drove out to the end of rt 80 in NJ to exit 1, where the road splits off and a half hour away it enters a completely empty TOWN, the walpack center. its a village/town center that was purchased up by the army, but was never used and was left completely empty for decades. recently its been set up as a historical preserve during the warmer seasons, a completely empty town, every building painted plain white... a church, a post office, a small store... it was awesome to explore and look around in. it was out in the middle of NOWHERE.

unfortunately i dont have any pictures to post up for you guys yet, as im still not home, and my camera was dead all weekend... but my friends got a few pics (not of everything), just gotta wait for them to send em to me...

Current cars:

Comment

dude...did you know new wheel chairs go for like $500??? wonder how much those will go for...if cleaned up.

Man I wish I lived near you...I love ESPLORRIN'!!!
                      ____

Comment

if your getting into this not a bad idea to wear a good pair of workboots for protection. check out infiltration.org

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Jesus man. This shit looks right out of the Saw series. You couldn't place a lot of this stuff and make it look more creepy. Not that you would care, considering you are going into these places, probably illegally, in the first place (plus the magic dragon doesnt help), but that stained glass chandelier is probably worth a lot of money. I cant believe they didn't take it with them. I would be very worried about going into thouse places. I wouldn't go with out a gun, but thats just me. You dont know what kind of people you could run into, or dangerous animals.

Oh yeah, and PS.
                          If you wanted some really awesome picks, try going down there with a tripod. if you had a 35mm you might get better long exposure shots, but even a digital without the flash would look awesome if there was just a little bit of light. Put the camera on the time delayed setting or a shutter release cable, so you are not touching the camera when it starts its exposure. Try black and white and sephia too.
                          Last edited by Crusty Crayon; 01-22-2008, 07:48 PM.

Comment

That is some crazy stuff mike!! It brings back memories when me and a bunch of friends went into abandoned houses in the country back in highschool. It was always a good time, plus you got to scare the shit out of the ladies too!!
                            97 Yamaha YZF600R

Vouches: wagalude/sleepycb7/accordexr33/yeamans17/heylookitsdylan/tommi/JDMH22ACB7/smokeeey420/sackingz123/
                            IDriveALude/Losiracer2/626cb7

Comment

i would take that cash register clean it up and try and fix it and maybe sell it or keep it. That thing is pimp. Looks like fun. If i am ever in the area which i don't think i will be you'll have to show me around. We have a place here called school number 4. Story is that the furnace blew up 3 times each time kill some kids. Stories say you can hear the kids screaming. I haven't bothered going in patrolled by cops and a lot of crack heads and bums. Also said that a satanic cult practiced their beliefs in the basement.
                              ~Nick~
                              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

my friend finally sent me all the pictures that they took while we were out.

like i said this past weekend we checked out two places, first was the:

Kenvil Newcrete Products factory

an empty paper printing/factory warehouse place in jersey.

there was a main empty warehouse, as well as a smaller building with offices in it, and a nearby house which appeared to be related, as it had tons of blueprints and a couple paper roller machines in the basement. not quite as interesting as a psychiatric center, but still cool to explore.

here is an aerial photo of the site.

this is a HUGE, high quality panoramic shot i found on the internet (NOT MY PIC!!):
                                (click for fullsize)

as for my pics:

the main warehouse

the nearby house:

and office building:

Last edited by JoshM; 10-16-2010, 12:27 PM. Reason: m1xe

Current cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X