Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's better? taking/earning respect or being handed respect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't be handed respect. You can't buy respect. Whatever it is that SEEMS like respect in those instances is very short lived.

You earn it.

Here's an example:
    When I met excalibur02, his car was a piece of crap. Literally. Slammed on cheap stuff, rusted to hell, blackened bumper from his crappy exhaust.... I thought he was some idiot ricer kid. Then I talked to him. I learned that he dreamed of an H22 swap, and kept the swap instructions in his glove box. He read them every chance he got.
    Then he got his H22... and did EVERYTHING himself (with help, of course... but he paid no-one, and got his hands dirty the whole time). Then he took it to the next level.
    This "stupid ricer kid" has my respect... and a lot of it. His car was crap, but his heart and dedication were astounding... and now, even though I'm still somewhat in the dark about his current project status, it is really coming together. I fully expect his current car to be one of the most impressive vehicles on this site... and I know that it was all done on a budget, with hours of hard work.

You can't hate on someone that has a fancy car, if they've worked hard for it. If it was given to them... so what. You can't respect them immensely for how they got it, but you can respect the vehicle itself... If they can drive it, they've earned some of my respect.

Comment

Well im a main candidate of earning respect. I went from cb7 noone liked it because it wasnt a civic. I figure i get an evo didnt like it nor the price so i gave it back becuase it would make me seem im eating from wallet to mouth because of payments and car insurance.

So I went with the srt4 so im gettin the respect still yet get disrespected when im still knockin the haters and disbelievers down. Its both about the car and the driver. I do my own work alot of people see that when im outside its mainly under the hood of my car tinkering with something on the car. Then i go to the streetraces and prove myself worthy like im coming into the game once more. Then when i come through people see whos behind the wheel and then they back out.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
        Well im a main candidate of earning respect. I went from cb7 noone liked it because it wasnt a civic. I figure i get an evo didnt like it nor the price so i gave it back becuase it would make me seem im eating from wallet to mouth because of payments and car insurance.

So I went with the srt4 so im gettin the respect still yet get disrespected when im still knockin the haters and disbelievers down. Its both about the car and the driver. I do my own work alot of people see that when im outside its mainly under the hood of my car tinkering with something on the car. Then i go to the streetraces and prove myself worthy like im coming into the game once more. Then when i come through people see whos behind the wheel and then they back out.
        so youre saying because you have a better car now, and you beat more people, youve earned more respect? a little presumptuous, no?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Respect is earned... bottom line.

I am respected greatly in my local scene, because of all the hard work that i put into my car, not because i bought a fast or powerful car from the factory.

Comment

a main candidate? youre running for respect?

cool.
            -Mark-
            CB7
            CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
            Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
              so youre saying because you have a better car now, and you beat more people, youve earned more respect? a little presumptuous, no?
              Actually no once again you misunderstood ..mike. Im saying I had a cb7 beat quite a few people earned that respect. I moved on got something better doin the same thing with my last cb7 and kept it moving. Steping it up a notch so no matter which car i have i still get my respect because the way i drive when i race people nevertheless and the work i put in.

Comment

Not only that when you have something simple that noone else agrees with or tends to dislike, you actually make a name for yourself and then... thats when you get that respect by giving it your all in what you do most with putting parts on a car or anything weather its with a car or any hobby for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                  Not only that when you have something simple that noone else agrees with or tends to dislike, you actually make a name for yourself and then... thats when you get that respect by giving it your all in what you do most with putting parts on a car or anything weather its with a car or any hobby for that matter.
                  agreed

Comment

great replies

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Comment

LOL the whole premise of this thread... ahahahaha

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by b3nsonx View Post
                        here's the 2 situations:

situation 1
                        you drive a very respected car like an evo or s2000. everyone looks up to you and no one talks shit to you. "dude man, i wish i owned one of those..."
                        therefore, everyone respects you automatically

situation 2
                        you drive a cb7 or some old car. everyone is always talking shit to you and your car. "damn man, get a new car. I'll run circles around your piece of shit honda."
                        i know most of us have heard something similar to that...
                        then you gotta kick their ass in a race to earn/take their respect

which would you prefer?
                        being handed respect or having to earn that respect?
                        earn it. thATS how i did it. came out with my cb7, took cars out 1 by 1 including the top dogs. got my respect. ofcourse i am not the fastest

edit: s2000 are sllow and they suck. even the honda heads know this
                        Last edited by LeosCB7h22; 09-30-2009, 04:12 PM.
                        Need CB7/H22/Turbo parts? i got them..check thread

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                          LOL the whole premise of this thread... ahahahaha
                          for once i agree with you...

actually this may be the second time.

build, drive and live what you can within your limits and enjoy it... whether respect is present or not.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by LeosCB7h22 View Post
                            edit: s2000 are sllow and they suck. even the honda heads know this
                            really?

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post
                              really?
                              My friend has an OG 2000 one bone stock

I took it up to about 120... had the tail out on offramps and shit

Its cool, but REALLY nothing crazy. Say what u want, but we both agreed that my 2nd CB (sparkle's H22 car), while actually being slower, felt more brutal and had more punch. The VTEC kick on that car was the best thing about it. S2Ks have no midrange at all, and IMO are a pain to drive fast. I would value an extra 10lbft at like 4000RPM over 20HP at redline

As far as the thread... not to bash the OP... but its just such a goofy idea. Who the fuck builds OR buys a car 'for respect'? Be a man... do the right thing... further urself in ur career, do right by people, learn things and be a knowledgeable person. That's how u get respect as a man. Be respected for who you are as a person, not for the things you own.

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                                Be respected for who you are as a person, not for the things you own.
                                x2

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Working...
                                X