is weight that important??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is weight that important??

so ... i saw the thread about losing weight and it made me wonder. when a gurl or guy goes on a diet ..is it cause you want to look good for the opposite sex or is it really for your health. i know i'd do it for both. to boost my self esteem and to be healthy for my kids. but out of curiosity ....

how important is the oppsosite sex's weight to you? (is that a factor when you are deciding wether you will make a move or not. does it matter even if you all are just friends. does the fact that theyre overweight change your 1st impression on them?)

i do it for myself. im 5'8" i weigh 155 lbs and wakeboarding is a huge part of my life. my board setup is made for a rider closer to 140 lbs so ive been trying to be closer to that. ridiculous i know but im just trying to show that some people do it for themselves.

Comment

Im on the fence on this one....

As far i go, i would do it for my health. If youre like 10-20, or maybe even 30 lbs overweight, and you hold it good, theres no reason to need to lose it, but if you wanna look good for a reason, go for it. In the opposite sex it doesnt matter a lot. theres a limit, but its not on the top of my list.

Im gonna get crap for that i know, so...bring it on...

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I would like to lose weight for health and self esteem reasons.

My girlfriend doesnt think i need to lose some because of looks but because of health.

Im 5'9 about 200lbs and id like to be down around 170 180.

Comment

I'm a pretty skinny guy, I weight 140lbs and I'm 6'0 tall and I've been trying to put some pounds since I was born lol.

I guess before when looking for a girl the weight was a factor and I would only go for girls that were attractive and a somewhat interesting personality.

My girlfriend now is a little on the chubby side and I don't mind it at all, I find her beautiful just like that and I love her personality.

I guess what it comes down to is what you are looking for and what you find attractive. In my mind everyone has something that appeals to someone else.
          1993 Accord EX
          2011 Subaru STi

Comment

to me it is. i see a guy thats taller then me and more built and i weigh just as much as much as him.

im 5'7 and 180 and i know that isnt muscle because i know i lost a lot of muscle.

i should be atleast be in the 150-140 range. and ill be happier.

Comment

for me its health related ... Im married and my wife claims she doesnt care about my weight (dont know for sure lol) but Since i gained so much weight i just havent felt as active as i used to be. Also my family has a history of heart disease so that puts me at a higher risk being over weight.

Comment

ive been little all my life. I just wanna get big already. But whenever i did workout on a regular basis i didnt get bigger, i just lost fat?

Weight to me isnt important, its the way i look. But having a bigger number on the scale will contribute to the way i want to look.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

I dont work out for health at all i just like to keep my body looking toned but in a girl weight is definitely a factor. As bad as it sounds i find it hard to be attracted to a girl whose belly hangs over her belt. Im not saying she has to be paper thin cause i dont like that either but i like to have a girl who is somewhat fit and cares about their physical appearance as much as i do!

Comment

In 1998 - 1999 I was like 92 kg in muscle. Now it's 81 kg. I want to get back to 90 - 95 kg. I was healthier then and certainly had more power because I was also doing Martial Arts at the time. Now I'm working out again and probably will be around 90 kg next summer

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
                    My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

Im not gonna lie the opposites sex weight is important to me....Im 5'8" and 130....and if a girl weighs more than me I dont like it...I wont make a move on a girl who is bigger than me.....It may be superficial but its the way I am lol.....I have had one night mistakes with girls who I wouldnt normally go after but usually alcohol is involved.

It also has to do with the fact I look incredibly skinny and that is a bit of a sore spot with me (albeit not a big one lol) so if a girl is bigger than me it just makes me look even skinnier.

Maybe Im an ass haha

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Well, I'm losing weight for health reasons. I have messed up knees and the additional weight affects them more. I've always been a big dude, its in my genes. I'm built like a football player if you may say so and I want to maintain that built. I just want to strengthen and tighten up certain areas while losing excess fat to alleviate the extra pressure on the knees. I've never really had problems with the opposite sex so I'm doing this for me 100%
                        1993 Accord LX - Sold
                        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

uhh I'm trying for both, I am Diabetic and am already at really high risk for heart problems. Right know my bmi is like 41 which put me at morbedly obese. I'm like 5'7 and wieght like 255. no matter what I eat or how much I exersie I can't loose any wieght. But I am a hell of a lot stronger then I used to be. I'm 23 and have never had a girlfiend, weither I'ts because of my weight or not I don't know, but I'm pretty damn sure it is It's not my fault though and I always think that people think I'm a pig and that I eat a lot and don't exercise

My Members Ride Page

Comment

Yes, I do see weight as a deciding factor in the opposite sex.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

no offense, i hate fat. maybe thats why im so skinny (my BMI is the first on the list for my height). nothing against larger people whatsoever, thats their own deal, it has nothing to do with personality and if im going to be friends with them. but im very picky with who im interested in :X

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                              Current cars:
                              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                              X