No announcement yet.

www.CD5tuner.com is finally live!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This my be a wierd question. I hope it's not offensive.

But why do you enjoy making so many accord forums? Or planning on it?

What do you get out of having these forums, I can understand one. But All of the forums is a ton of work. You get money?
    Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7
      This my be a wierd question. I hope it's not offensive.

But why do you enjoy making so many accord forums? Or planning on it?

What do you get out of having these forums, I can understand one. But All of the forums is a ton of work. You get money?
      why do you work on your car? its an old money pit, dont even waste your time.

im not sure on deev's reason for it, but ive owned a number of websites in the past, none of which have caught on... deev is sitting on a site with a load of members and an opportunity to expand. why not? he seems to enjoy it lol

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
        why do you work on your car? its an old money pit, dont even waste your time.

im not sure on deev's reason for it, but ive owned a number of websites in the past, none of which have caught on... deev is sitting on a site with a load of members and an opportunity to expand. why not? he seems to enjoy it lol
        Exactly.

CB7tuner is a diamond in the rough. With all the social networking deev has here, i would be trying to expand too!

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

I love running the sites, and it feels good to be able to offer a quality resource for a platform that doesn't have anything dedicated to it. I like Accords, and I feel they have a good deal of potential. They'll never be go-karts like Civics, but they're more refined.

I don't know if I'll be able to make any money with them. I do hope to get advertising going (not the crappy Clicksor stuff we had before, but stuff that doesn't mess with the function of the site). It'd be cool to be able to live off of running forums, but I don't know if that's a possibility. My only true hope is that the cost of running them is covered by advertising! As long as that happens, it's just a fun thing to do.

Plus, I've made a good number of real friends on this forum... why not expand?

Comment

I understand, didn't realize you had so much fun doing it. In no way did I want to insult anything you're doing. I appreciate this site a bunch.

And I agree, having all of the sites and making the connections with people is cool. It definitely helps how well spoken you are, people really listen.

And to cp[mike] point taken. But I'm still gonna pour money into the pit.
            Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Like I said before, I would be more than happy to help you out in anyway possible whenever I can.

I have directly owned every generation of Accord 3rd gen and later, except the CD5, and I have a lot of wrench time on those. So I am open to lending a hand in anyway needed. Unfortunately, I have wrench time on pretty much all of them, but not mod time on the 6th and 7th gen due to the newness of the cars while we have had them. But I do know what they like to respond to, so I can be of at least a little help. I wish I had mod time, but mostly just routine stuff, and a little bit of tinkering here and there. Which in a way is good, as that is why I continue to buy Honda.

Also, I think a 1st gen hatch is my next project. I have plans for one of those, if I can just find one.

I agree about the Accord. I have always liked them better, although the new one is getting a little big in the britches. The new 8th gen coupe is LONGER, WIDER, and HEAVIER than a TL Type S.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Yeah, the 8th generation is considered "full size"... the CB was the last "compact" and the CD was the first "mid-size"... at least from my reading (odd, since the CB and CD are SO similar!)

There's something special about making an Accord into something more than a grocery-getter as well... It's a bit of a challenge. It's a bit of an oddity... you join a fairly exclusive club of people who choose to modify something a little out of the norm. Civic owners drive Civics... the cars that pretty much launched the sport compact "movement". They're heavily supported, and rather cliche'. An Accord is a step away... a step towards luxury... and the potential of the F and H motors is great!

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto
                  there's already gen5alive.com

but that site sucks ahha

good job deeve

Yeah, I just got a cd and I have to agree...and gen5alive.com sounds ***. Glad theres a site for the 5th gen now!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    Yeah, the 8th generation is considered "full size"... the CB was the last "compact" and the CD was the first "mid-size"... at least from my reading (odd, since the CB and CD are SO similar!)
                    KBB.com has the 4th & 5th gen's listed as compact, 6th & 7th as mid-size.

Comment

The CB's were considered compact??? Wow...i thought back in their time theyd be full-size.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Not even close. You seen all the older Caddy's and Olds' and whatnot from around that time and a little before. Those were full-size. Like driving a boat down the street.

Comment

The thing to keep in mind is that the EPA "size" ratings are based on total interior volume. In the case of sedans, it is interior space, plus trunk space.

The new Accord counts as a full size car only when it is NOT equipped with a moonroof, because then the total interior volume equals 120 cubic feet (the bottom threshold for being considered "full size").

Since the moonroof removes 5 cubic feet of space, the moonroof equipped cars are technically still considered mid-size.

I believe it was the same with the CB, which was the first "mid size" Accord. The ones with moonroofs were probably still considered "compact" due to the volume occupied by the mechanism.

The 5th gen is actually smaller in a lot of measurements, than the 4th gen.

I think the 6th and 7th gen were the first fully midsize cars because with or without a moonroof, they still landed in the midsize volume category. They both do have substantially more volume than the 4th and 5th gens.

Sorry to digress once again, but here is something about the 8th gen that really excites me. It is a big car. Not huge, but large. It is rated at 268HP, has no LSD, All season tires, and weighs about 25lbs more than a TL Type S, which is rated at 286, runs only on premium, has 1" smaller tires that are the same width and more high performance, and the Accord runs about .2 slower in the 1/4 mile, and traps within .2MPH, according to Road and Track. Now, I know for a fact that the TL-S is a little underrated, because it routinely dynos at about 253-256 WHP which puts it closer to 290-300 at the crank.

If the Accord weighs more, has worse tires, and is still making the same trap speed ( a better measure of HP), what does that mean about the Accord? I am VERY excited to see some dyno pulls, because I think Honda is really sandbagging this one. That was a 6 speed coupe, which has identical gearing to the TL-S, other than a slightly shorter final drive ratio.
                          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

... i'm waiting for my activation to go through.. ::yawn:: hehe.. then imma get referrals!! lol.
                            -:Ĥ:-
                            Originally posted by wed3k
                            i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                              The thing to keep in mind is that the EPA "size" ratings are based on total interior volume. In the case of sedans, it is interior space, plus trunk space.

The new Accord counts as a full size car only when it is NOT equipped with a moonroof, because then the total interior volume equals 120 cubic feet (the bottom threshold for being considered "full size").

Since the moonroof removes 5 cubic feet of space, the moonroof equipped cars are technically still considered mid-size.

I believe it was the same with the CB, which was the first "mid size" Accord. The ones with moonroofs were probably still considered "compact" due to the volume occupied by the mechanism.

The 5th gen is actually smaller in a lot of measurements, than the 4th gen.

I think the 6th and 7th gen were the first fully midsize cars because with or without a moonroof, they still landed in the midsize volume category. They both do have substantially more volume than the 4th and 5th gens.
                              Interior volume on a 4 dr CB without a moonroof is 107.4. With a moonroof is 105.7. Less than 2 cubic feet of difference. What's the cutoff point between compact and mid-size? Still, EPA rating for both is compact. Isn't the EPA the Enviromental Protection Agency? Why do they rate the class of vehicle, and why by interior volume? You'd think they'd be more intersted in MP/G and emmisions ratings.

And I agrre with you about the eighth gen Accord, I think I'm stuck on it too, but probably for different reasons.

Comment

I suppose there are different emissions requirements for different size cars.

The 8th gen very likely has the exact same setup as the TL-S, MAYBE with a slightly more conservative tune. As we know from our cars, Honda likes to re-use stuff... and I'm sure it's gotten even more so as the company has grown!

My thought is that since the Camry, Altima, and a few of the domestic offerings are making considerable power with their FWD V6 setups, Honda wanted to compete. Rather than develop something new, or risk putting in an underpowered engine (when the Accord could really use the sales boost... the 7th gen didn't see the success the 6th gen did), they just re-used the TL-S engine. I assume that engine is also very closely related to the RL engine.

Comment

Working...
                                X