any one have the crank pulley tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any one have the crank pulley tool?

you know that tool you use to hold the crank pulley so you can take the boltt out? does anyone have it? if at all possible ill rent it from you for the weekend. like $5. i went to auto zone and they keep trying to give me the tool to pull the pulley off. not to keep it from turning while i take the bolt out. i cant take the pulley out once that bolt is out. i just need the tool to get it. PLEASE!!!! i need it so i can change out these seal before it walks on me and blows my motor.

it looks like this:

i tried doing it the way the Haynes manual says but it doesnt work. either that or i dont have th right tool.

I had one but gave it to D112crzy after my swap.

I got mine from Amazon.com for like $7.00 shipped. Came in 2 days.
    3 CB's gone....
    1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

search for "honda crank pulley tool"

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...nk+pulley+tool

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by 91Accord-LX
        I had one but gave it to D112crzy after my swap.

I got mine from Amazon.com for like $7.00 shipped. Came in 2 days.
        One of the best tools ever

I also love that tap and die set. I never thought I would ever use it, but I use it a lot!!

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy

I also love that tap and die set. I never thought I would ever use it, but I use it a lot!!

lol. yeah. same here. i thought i wouldnt have to use it but i have to replace my balance shaft seal this weekend. or else its bye bye motor.

i was just wondering if i could borrow it from someone. just for a day or 2. id pay for the shipping and for using the tool

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy

At least it's getting used. It would just collect dust at my house.
            3 CB's gone....
            1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

If you cant find the crank pulley tool, take off the rubber timing cap and wedge a pry bar on one of the tooth of the flywheel and the engine and that should hold it. Thats the way I have always done it with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
                If you cant find the crank pulley tool, take off the rubber timing cap and wedge a pry bar on one of the tooth of the flywheel and the engine and that should hold it. Thats the way I have always done it with no problems.

thanx man. ill try that. did you do it by yourself or did you have someone do it for you?

Comment

Doesn't Autozone lend those things for free?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
                    thanx man. ill try that. did you do it by yourself or did you have someone do it for you?
                    is you car an auto or a five speed??? i cant remember, if it is an auto, the pry bar method will work, if it is a five speed you can get a helper monkey to put the car in fifth (the hardest gear for the motor to turn) and hold the brakes, thats how we got mine off...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote

i went to auto zone and the auto zone down here? the people act like they know NOTHING about cars or the tools. it looks like they just look at the computer to give them the answers.

i asked him if they had a crank pulley tool for hondas. he looked at me like i was stupid and pointed at something that wasnt anywhere near what it was. then he got me the tool to pull of the pully. but not to help with getting th bolt out.

i need that tool. i used it before and worked perfectly. but people keep saying to put a screwdriver or something in the flywheel to keep the crank from moving.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        Well not free, we do rent it and at the same time the customer is allowed to keep the loaned tool as their own.

We just get more from the Vendors.
                        Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                          Well not free, we do rent it and at the same time the customer is allowed to keep the loaned tool as their own.

We just get more from the Vendors.

well yall need to get your people in roanoke rapids, NC in shape. them fools have no clue what they're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by 90Cb7sleeper
                            is you car an auto or a five speed??? i cant remember, if it is an auto, the pry bar method will work, if it is a five speed you can get a helper monkey to put the car in fifth (the hardest gear for the motor to turn) and hold the brakes, thats how we got mine off...
                            Yeah, and it was a bitch. I do not recommend it.
                            Gary A.K.A. Carter
                            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

just get a compressor, impact gun, and a 19mm impact socket and take it off. thats how i take off mines. no special tools needed.
                              miss my turbo cb7
                              moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Working...
                              X