should be here in a few days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front mount.
    bare in mind the mount that is on the motor was intended for a auto transmission accord.
    the box for the inserts says:
    "Note: this setis for torque mount positions only and manual transmissions only. Fits into O.E. 50830-sm4-A81..."
    ~~~~~~~

Comment

the front mount differed between the auto and manual accords? crap.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
        the front mount differed between the auto and manual accords? crap.
        from the look of the rubber in the mount and the polly insert yeah it "looks" that way. I think I may be able to get my hands on a manual accord front mount. I'll keep everyone posted on how this goes.
        ~~~~~~~

Comment

i didnt know auto and manual mounts are differnt on the accords...

heheh u wanna give up that USED bushing?
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

the polly inserts would go in about halfway, and the rest of the way the mount seemed to not want to give anymore. I couldn't get it in anymore then I did. I even sprayed some silicone into the mount and on the inserts. Just didn't seem to want to accept the nice new inserts. the top part looks about the same but the bottom of the rubber in the mount is what's giving me a PITA
            ~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by pwrusr
              Pop my hood and loosen the upper motor mount to find the three bolts on the engine block are pretty loose (I could move them with my bare fingers ).
              so I tighten those up and find the bottom one of the three doesn't want to tighten in all the way (2 out of three ain't that bad :P).
              Or so I thought...
              Steve, DJ Justice, DJ's friend and I went to the track last friday (the 31st). During the day I was trying one last time to put the mount inserts into the mount. Again no go. The polly inserts were turely designed for manual mount ONLY.
              but I notice the bottom bolt on the engine block "U" mount wasn't really even catching in the engine block threads so instead of taking out the bolt I just left it in. I had a bad feeling like I shouldn't go (more on that later).

The first run I reved to 4k droped the clutch and off I went wheels hopping the whole way through 1st gear I ran a 16.9 that time. I know I can do better then that. went again and ran a 16.4 @ 88mph. third time out I hit the rev limiter @6500rpm and had to shift alot lower then I normally would. I have no idea what was up with that. I ran a 17.9 that time.

After that third run I coasted in gear like I normally do to help me slow down. I noticed a bad vibration that had a deep bassy kinda sound. pop the hood and notice the bolt was missing from the bottom on top of that the bottom of the mount had bent out twords the front of the car (I could put my finger in the new gap between the mount and the block). I noticed that the "dogbone" was touching the "U". I figured that was what was causing the bad vibe on in gear decel. nope, sure wasn't. after driving around with the front motor mount off for a couple days I got to thinking it had to be the exhaust piping hitting somewhere when the engine twisted.

Went to honda and ordered a new "U" mount, new bottom bolt and the lock nut that goes on the right side of the mount. now I know why that bottom bolt was simply falling out. it was too short, about 15-20mm too short to be exact. tighten that bad boy down, install the "dogbone" and take it out for a test drive. And what a diffrince it makes to have a working bottom bolt :P

Shifting is alot firmer then it ever was before. and that funny vibration that was there at high RPMs is totally GONE.

A little off topic, but here goes.
              when I was down in so md steve noticed how dirty my air filter was. I didn't really notice untill I compared his CAI filter with mine So I figured that had something else to do with the crappy times I got at the track.
              So when I took it off I noticed that it had some small holes on the bottom of the filter from rubbing on the frame.
              Last edited by pwrusr; 08-07-2004, 03:20 AM.
              ~~~~~~~

Comment

another little update...
                I took my air intake off and found the rear mount was pretty much GONE. The rubber on the mount is cracking and pretty much gone in most places.
                ~~~~~~~

Comment

what color, red or black? ill buy it off you if you dont want it.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Jeezee.. thanks for the updates man.. i had my hopes up and now im disappointed.. good warning and sorry you have to go through this.

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

yeah man thanks!
                      ~~~~~~~

Comment

so to recap this is for manual accords only?
                        1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

If you do have a automatic accord you can always get the "dogbone" out of a manual accord at a junkyard and install the inserts on that.

Or you can fill your current mounts yourself. which is what I'm going to end up doing.
                          Last edited by pwrusr; 08-21-2004, 10:42 AM.
                          ~~~~~~~

Comment

what about a front mount thats solid? what do you think about that? i filled mine and i did a shitty job so i might as well replace it...
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I'm going to fill mine with some poly door seal in a few days. I'm not sure how I'm going to fill that rear one up. I'm thinking about just replaceing the rear mount since it's pretty much gone anyway
                              ~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X