Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CB7 is sitting in the driveway, running.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 is sitting in the driveway, running.

It's been off the road since March. Sitting in the back yard since late April. I haven't done a damn thing to fix it, but it's still drivable... so dammit, I'm putting it back on the road tomorrow! I won't be able to work in it, but I can drive short distances with no problem.

For those that don't know, my #3 sparkplug threads are stripped. Not completely, and it's actually idling pretty well at the moment... but after a while the plug pushes up and it makes a horrid knocking sound.

I want to get it fixed using TimeSerts, but it has to be able to be driven to a shop to have that done (I could do it myself, but the tools to do it would cost me more than just having a shop do it for me!). That means it needs tags and insurance again!

I also have a spare head in my basement, just in case. However, I also have a spare block in the shed... I'd rather not pull the motor apart just to put it back together in stock form! If I can fix this old motor, or just drive it as-is for a while, I can build the new one as I want it!

Just an update. I'll get that stupid arrowhead out of my sig soon enough.

-runs around in circles-

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Glad to see she's getting a chance to have some fun again.. Keep us posted on how she does.. Later

Comment

Is it a completely bare head? Does it still have the valve train assembled?

If it does, you should do it yourself.

All you need is a brand new head gasket. Or use copper spray on your old gasket.

Changing a head takes less than 4 hours.

I did it twice in one day.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Yea Deev don't be a hoe, let's do the head swap Sunday. You have to know someone with a timing belt tool, get a new timing belt and headgasket, I will be at your place at 12 noon this Sunday.

Also, sell that damn Grand Prix and get a Sentra, gas is too expensive to drive for work in a land barge.

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

/\ wow lol

congrats deev, now make it reliable and start raping it again!! lol
            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
            Disregard females, acquire currency
            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
              Is it a completely bare head? Does it still have the valve train assembled?

If it does, you should do it yourself.

All you need is a brand new head gasket. Or use copper spray on your old gasket.

Changing a head takes less than 4 hours.

I did it twice in one day.
              do it on a supra.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Comment

one phrase: lock and stitch.

we suggest using that over helicoils.
                i confused your engine with cpmike's valvetrain deal.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                  Yea Deev don't be a hoe, let's do the head swap Sunday. You have to know someone with a timing belt tool, get a new timing belt and headgasket, I will be at your place at 12 noon this Sunday.

Also, sell that damn Grand Prix and get a Sentra, gas is too expensive to drive for work in a land barge.
                  if i lived up there i'd be SO down to help!

PS and Deev,what is this thirty second bullshit?!

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
                    do it on a supra.
                    bring it to me.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

deev do a 2.3 stroker!!

ima send out those rods to you asap

Comment

2.3 stroker is definitely in the future.

I want to try to fix the head as-is, on the block... so I can get the new head modified. ESP has reasonable prices, so I may give them a shot. They've convinced me with their mounts and their continued presence here on the board that they're quality, and serious about what they do.
                        I just need to afford a valvetrain!

The head is fully loaded. All I need to do is remove the cam cap that has the dizzy mounting point on it... the new head had that part broken. Not a big deal. I got it from peego. it looks to be in good shape. I don't want to put that on, though... not if I don't have to! I don't want to do all that work to have a stock H22 again!

The block is bare. Got it from Bruno, who got it from DhN. New bearings on it, but that's it. No crank, no other internals... it was dipped, so it's clean. It's totally amazing how light an H22 block is without anything in it! I can carry it with one hand!

So yeah. The plan is to fix the current motor without removing the head. If I can't do that, I'll try to drive it as-is... carefully. I'd really like to just replace the motor with a built one!

Wes, what's lock and stitch? I heard helicoils are terrible for sparkplug thread repair, so I'm definitely not going that route. TimeSerts are popular among the V8 Ford crowd, since they have inherently weak plug threads. Steel inserts, rather than the soft crap helicoils are made from!

Comment

do not mix and match cam caps it will not work, use the broken one

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                          Current cars:
                          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Really? Good to know! Why won't it work?

My dizzy was held on by 2 bolts for quite some time, so I suppose it won't be a big deal anyway!

Comment

yay good luck man
                              My Car
                              FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Working...
                              X