let us pimp it out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

let us pimp it out!

noticed this ad on myspace. uh oh, could it be YOUR CB7 THAT THEY PIMP OUT? lol

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Man I can only imagine what they would do to that car..lol

Anyone notice Pimp My Ride and OverHaulin have kinda subsided in the last couple months?
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I think it's an ad for carsponsorships.com

which basically you slap their logo all over your car, and then pay your own money to enter your car in shows and have to go to a certain number of events etc a month or however long.. and in return they send you a coupon for X amount of dollars off your next purchase of their product.

pretty much a ripoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantis

which basically you slap their logo all over your car, and then pay your own money to enter your car in shows and have to go to a certain number of events etc a month or however long.. and in return they send you a coupon for X amount of dollars off your next purchase of their product.

pretty much a ripoff.
        The hell with that, Im not losing money just so I can endorse someones product on my car and in return I get coupons.

I thought sponsorship consisted of them USING your car for their new products and you just basically getting free stuff, they pay for everything you do and anything done to the car so long as you agreed to enter so many shows in a given time span.

What a joke lol.
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

im entering maybe I can get those dubs and a apc spoiler ive been wanting

Comment

pretty much a ripoff.
            Actually, that couldn't be further from the truth.

You pay like $89 for their service, and they DO get you sponsorships. The initial full sponsorships are cheap stuff like decalkits.com... mainly because 90% of the people who sign up think they're going to get a set of wheels for free or something... It DOES take some work on your end! I got a partial sponsorship from Blaupunkt, which gave me good discounts and the possibility of a full sponsorship once I proved myself worthy.

It's not a scam. It's actually a very worthwhile option for people who don't have a really nice car to start, and don't know how to sell themselves locally (like Ghost2.2... he got his new bone-stock cb7 sponsored locally)

Of course, they still owe me $100, and are ignoring my communication. I'm not thrilled with that!

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
              The hell with that, Im not losing money just so I can endorse someones product on my car and in return I get coupons.

I thought sponsorship consisted of them USING your car for their new products and you just basically getting free stuff, they pay for everything you do and anything done to the car so long as you agreed to enter so many shows in a given time span.

What a joke lol.
              Wanna buy a bridge?

Comment

damn i hope they dont hurt that innocent cb!!!
                "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                Disregard females, acquire currency
                BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

It's all about the owner of the car... You don't HAVE to rice it out if you don't want to!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    Actually, that couldn't be further from the truth.

You pay like $89 for their service, and they DO get you sponsorships. The initial full sponsorships are cheap stuff like decalkits.com... mainly because 90% of the people who sign up think they're going to get a set of wheels for free or something... It DOES take some work on your end! I got a partial sponsorship from Blaupunkt, which gave me good discounts and the possibility of a full sponsorship once I proved myself worthy.

It's not a scam. It's actually a very worthwhile option for people who don't have a really nice car to start, and don't know how to sell themselves locally (like Ghost2.2... he got his new bone-stock cb7 sponsored locally)

Of course, they still owe me $100, and are ignoring my communication. I'm not thrilled with that!
                    yea sponsorships do not come easy. you pretty much have to prove yourself, that you can provide some results for the sponsorship given to you.

As for me, i basically paid 600 bucks for my sponsorship..(your probably saying paying 600 dollars for a sponsorship isnt a sponsorship cuz your paying a great deal of money)

why i paid 600 dollars? well its the fact that my paint costs $1000 alone (candy paint) and they discounted me 400 dollars. (ill pay 600 dollars anytime for top notch paint)

-my sponsoship is the automotive paint place that provided me the paint for my car. The owner asked me what were my plans and i told him what they were. so he said he'll sponsor me to shows (pay my way to shows) if i rock their sticker and tell people about where i got my paint along with a huge discount.

for them cheapos out there, i dont think youll ever get a full sponsorship (meaning you get your shit free) unless your car is top notch.

most sponsors will break you a good deal/price. thats how it works. unless your cb is made outta gold its gonna be hard to be fully sponsored. and since the market is looking for newer cars.

good friend of mine joey (stickydiljoe) has a sponsorship from f2autolife. as nice is his car is, he didnt get the suspension for free. he got a good deal as long as he advertises the product which is the agreement. (he is doing a group buy on this forum for that product so i hope you guys hop on it.)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid

What a joke lol.
                      You're actually right about the 'New Products' part...it just depends if you qualify or meet their needs n shit to see if you can basically get products from them for free and just showoff your ride...the only thing you would have to do is Install the parts yourself...i tried to get mine sponsered hehe but i had to "create an account" with them for 89 bucks or so thru a credit/debit card. Didn't know what i was doing...so i just said fockit. That must've been a smart choice...cuz i still only have 40 bucks in the bank haha

*Needs*
                      -New shocks
                      -Struts
                      -Drop
                      -Cleaning
                      -New Tires/Wheels
                      -New Window Tint
                      -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

There is only one real way for us to even hope for a full sponsorship without already having a clean car (and if stickydiljoe can't get a full sponsorship, with his gorgeous car and a magazine cover on his resume, the chances for the rest of us are slim to none!) The way to do it is to find people that are developing new products for our cars and be a test mule. Of course, Joey also did that, and he didn't get his suspension for free either!

carsponsorships.com starts you small to make sure you're serious. Once they realize that you're part of the minority that will actually work for what they get, they'll throw you better deals. It's a good company. Anyone who says it's a scam doesn't understand sponsorship. You EARN the free and discounted parts... and having a 17 year old Accord with some $500 wheels and ebay coilovers isn't going to win any sponsors over.

Comment

my mistake. all I remembered was that you had to pay money and that you didn't get full sponsorships unless you had a really new car with alot of shit done to it already.

it's been like 2 years since I looked into them so I can't remember everything.

but yeah, for our cars you are better off just going to local shops and getting the shop owner to give you discounts and shit for advertising for them.

but now that you mention all that crap about $89 and stuff, I do remember that and that being another reason I didn't sign up is that you need a clean car, and at first it costs you money, and then later you get the good discounts and stuff.

and unless you are in alot of shows, and meets and things it's probably not gonna be worth your time.

Comment

and unless you are in alot of shows, and meets and things it's probably not gonna be worth your time.
                            www.stickydiljoe.com

Comment

I could never do the Pimp My Ride thing or let someone else do it. I woul dinsist on telling them what kind of parts/things to put on my car

Its not a scam, as Deev stated, but they only offer you partial sponsorships with companies like blaupunkt. Who the fuck are they!!?!! And once you pay the one-time fee of $89 you have to show up here, and do this there, and it is ALOT of work. Youy cant just show up at some functions and get free shit. Maybe some decals or a t-shirt or maybe a dicsount on a product or 2, but nothing major. I mean, if youre really dedicated to it and wanna put forth the time and effort, go for it, but i think your better off just getting everything yourself.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                              Originally posted by Jarrett
                              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                              X