No announcement yet.

HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You will need some 50 wade and some 12 gauge ball bearings. And some anti-freeze, Prestone preferably...

If that don't work, you could always do what he said.^^^^

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

When I do it, it's funny...

I found a number of threads (not all noob threads... and not all on this forum) recently that weren't much better. I think my grammar may be a good deal better than some, actually!

It's just infuriating. People want help, which is fine... but why can't they be descriptive in their requests! You ask them to be descriptive, and they say "sorry i dont kno much about cars" ... Then learn something, or take it to a damn mechanic, becuse you aren't going to understand a thing people tell you anyway!

Gah!

I can't blow up at anyone directly... but I can do it indirectly. I started out on www.hondahookup.com. The Accord forum wasn't very active, and the few people that were there didn't know much, usually. The knowledgable people didn't stay around very often. I used to go there to flame on the idiots when I didn't want to do it here... but I found myself taking pity on the CB7 owners, and helping them out as best I could. Next thing you know, they made me a mod. I acted like a jerk for a little while longer, and deserthonda (good guy, was here for a while... went to some other forums, but we still talk occasionally) yelled at me, and I cooled off. Now I can't flame anyone!

Comment

I just decide to not post, being an e-asshole has no benefit to it. Sometimes, its really called for. Like when someone bullshits up an answer that is filled with misinformation.

Comment

LMAO!!!

"just got a 5spd, wont start, help! "

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by KillerCam282
            I just decide to not post, being an e-asshole has no benefit to it. Sometimes, its really called for. Like when someone bullshits up an answer that is filled with misinformation.
            Yeah, I do my best too... The way I see it, sometimes a slightly short-tempered reply IS in order... but if I'm going to say something, I'm at least going to try to help. That was one of the reasons fizzbob7 was always both annoying and admirable at the same time He was a total jerk most of the time, and he'd always tell people off... but in the process of doing so, he'd tell them exactly what they would need to fix their problem. He went a bit overboard sometimes, but overall, that was the best approach.

Outright flaming isn't allowed here, and shouldn't be allowed on any board... it's totally non-prouctive. However, the kid gloves have to come off at a certain point. When people are obviously too lazy to even attempt to solve, or even understand, their problems... let alone communicate them... things have to be said!

I'm not referring to anyone in particular, and I'm not referring to just the Beginner Forums either. This stupid stuff happens all over the place.

Comment

if i get aggrivated by a post, often instead of being an asshole, ill leave just a short, curt, basic answer to the question, and thats it.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

most of the time, Ill just type what I really want to say, then hit the back button on the browser. If i knew the answer in the first place, THEN Ill answer the question, If I didnt, I just go on with my life. It works pretty well most of the time.
                -Mark-
                CB7
                CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

ay yo mangz whatz be da bomb diggity motorzzzzzzzz for mah cb7 naw mean? i needz moar powaz so i can make danger to teh manifold ya dig?
                  "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                  "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                  Disregard females, acquire currency
                  BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx
                    ay yo mangz whatz be da bomb diggity motorzzzzzzzz for mah cb7 naw mean? i needz moar powaz so i can make danger to teh manifold ya dig?
                    Believe it or not, that's a better question than some I've seen. At least somewhere in that gibberish is a question with a purpose.

My favorite are the ones that argue your answer... either because "it can't be that" or they failed to give that information.

"I keep getting a pinging sound from my engine, what's wrong?"
                    People could spend 3 pages trying to help before this guy says he's boosted... which opens a whole new can of worms!

It's not so bad here, but I noticed it a little more often recently... Just... GAH!!!

Comment

you should start a thread asking for the password to the classifieds next.
                      2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                      2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

I find it utterly amazing how people PM me asking for the password, when my sig says quite clearly that I won't give it to them. I think I'm going to remove the pic from my sig.

Comment

Password

Originally posted by Maple50175
                          Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

what are classifieds? lolzzzzzzzzz jK! haha
                            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                            Disregard females, acquire currency
                            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Lick it, stick it, and roll out.
                              The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Well you don't have to take out the pic...just move it down and put the no password statement at the top. I bet it will reduce the questions by about 10%, 15% if you're lucky

I kinda just skip 'em...or give a simple answer. Thread titles also need to be more descriptive. Some decent grammar and proper spelling would be great, too.

OH OH! In fact...I ALMOST skipped this thread, then I saw that Deev started the thread. So of course I had to check it out. Glad I did.
                                Last edited by Otto; 05-07-2007, 09:13 PM.
                                Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Working...
                                X