Looking for an example disclaimer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for an example disclaimer

I am looking for a general disclaimer for tuning purposes. I am helping/learning to tune with Carlos. We have a disclaimer written if people could critique or help me out here that would be great. Here it is:

As with any tuning solution, the potential for engine damage is very high when altering your ECUs hard coded values. The use of appropriate equipment (ie, knock sensor, wideband oxygen sensor, exhaust gas temperature sensor) is extremely important. (Names) is not responsible for any engine damage or any other components during the tuning process and there after. This is intended for off-road purposes only.

Thanks in advance guys! We have mostly tuned friends cars, but this is our first car today where it was word of mouth and received a random phonecall, and we dont know the guy. Thanks again.
    Last edited by bagoon316; 05-01-2007, 11:50 AM. Reason: grammar

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
    So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Its a VERY good idea to have a written, signed waiver like this. good thinking.

If you really do start tuning more "random" cars, i would get a lawyer to write you up a document, but what you have sounds good.

but it should be "intended" not "attended".

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
      Its a VERY good idea to have a written, signed waiver like this. good thinking.

If you really do start tuning more "random" cars, i would get a lawyer to write you up a document, but what you have sounds good.

but it should be "intended" not "attended".

I really appreciate it, thanks for the spelling error, I really didnt do well in english class in high school or college. Not one of my strong points, and really depend on spell/grammar check which obviously word missed that for me. Once again I appreciate it.

**EDITED** Fixed the spelling error...anyone else have there .02 let me know I have until 5PM to get this down right. Thanks everyone!
      Last edited by bagoon316; 05-01-2007, 11:51 AM.

So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

if there is more than 1 name, you should put (names) are not responsible..., as opposed to (names) is not responsible...

other than that, it looks pretty good.
        -Mark-
        CB7
        CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
        Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

instead of saying "(names) are not responsible for" perhaps you can use the line "(names) will not be held liable for" so its very straightforward and once they sign it, youre in the clear, whether youre considered responsible or not.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

liable is definitely a good lawyerly word.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
              liable is definitely a good lawyerly word.
              hence liability waiver

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                instead of saying "(names) are not responsible for" perhaps you can use the line "(names) will not be held liable for" so its very straightforward and once they sign it, youre in the clear, whether youre considered responsible or not.
                That sounds good, sounds a little more professional. Thanks for the help guys.

My next question, since its a disclaimer, do we sign it also, I know that the client must sign and date, but do I put a line for our names also?
                Last edited by bagoon316; 05-01-2007, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Try this version on for size:

As with any tuning solution, the potential for engine damage is very high when altering your ECUs hard coded values. The use of appropriate equipment (ie, knock sensor, wideband oxygen sensor, exhaust gas temperature sensor) is extremely important. (Names) are not and can not be held liable for any damage to the engine and/or any other components during the tuning process and there after. This is intended for off-road purposes only.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                  JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Working...
                  X