Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving back home to save up for a condo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving back home to save up for a condo...

When this lease is up... I'm gonna move back home. Renting is a waste... the memories aren't worth it. I look at all the successful men I know, and all of them have something in common... they bought property as soon as possible. Why rent if I don't have to? I've ironed shyt out with my parents, I don't really do a lot in my apartment I couldn't do at home, and spending all this money is starting to piss me off...

What do you guys think?

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

makes sense. i would hate to rent. my parents will probably be more then happy to keep me here, until i own my own property. and i'm 20

Comment

much cheaper at home. ask me how i know. plus i have parents that feed me as long as you ironed things out with ur rents, go for it.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

yep do it man. living at home isnt all that bad. I mean sure you have to deal but then you can also save some coin.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

I agree that an apt. is a waste of money. Plus I dig free food and free laundry.

Comment

I wish I had that opportunity...I'm saving for a house while paying rent
            1993 Accord LX - Sold
            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

If you have the chance to live at home with no costs:

1) Appreciate your parents, thank them, cuz you're one lucky biyatch!

2) Don't b**ch cuz they make you do chores, etc....you're living there for free!

3) You're retarded if you don't take this opportunity, while saving for something you can buy!

Note: I live at home only to finish out my car project (i.e. access to garage & tools), but I have to pay $500 per month, plus still do chores and maintain all 6 of my parent's cars. Basically, I'll personally come b**ch slap anyone that says they have it hard, living at home for free and doesn't take it!
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

im staying home for as long as possible. cant beat free shelter.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                  If you have the chance to live at home with no costs:

1) Appreciate your parents, thank them, cuz you're one lucky biyatch!

2) Don't b**ch cuz they make you do chores, etc....you're living there for free!

3) You're retarded if you don't take this opportunity, while saving for something you can buy!

Note: I live at home only to finish out my car project (i.e. access to garage & tools), but I have to pay $500 per month, plus still do chores and maintain all 6 of my parent's cars. Basically, I'll personally come b**ch slap anyone that says they have it hard, living at home for free and doesn't take it!
                  It wasn't chores and shit... I do all my own chores now

It was other shit... basically me being an asshole and them not being able to let go of control. If we can coexist as 3 adults, it will be all gravy. I'm gonna stick it out till the end of the year though.

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I don't live at home and haven't for almost 10 years now.

I can't say that I wouldn't if I didn't have the opportunity though.

I like the independence afforded by having my own place, and I like being in charge of my home, but I miss my family a lot too.

Glory, renting if you don't have to isn't the best thing in the world, but it doesn't make you a failure either.

I rent, but only because I haven't known where I would be for the next few years. I don't want to buy a house, and then have to move, only to get stuck with 2 house payments or 1 house payment and rent, when 1 is hard enough.

If you have the means though, I definitely recommend purchasing your own place ASAP. It is one step toward becoming financially independent.

Also, I am glad that you worked everything out with your parents, but I would just be cautious, because you know how the friction can get with them. Just consider that before you shoot yourself in the foot again.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Remember the days when you were like..ONCE IM 18 IM GETTING MY OWN APRTMENT AND LEAVING MY PARENTS!! Living on your own is hard. i dorm at college but i pay for it. Mom helps me out when i need money for food but thats it. Its hard out here for a pimp. Living with your parents for free is a privilege. Id take that opportunity..save up that dough. If they bitch at you or are just nags...suck it up. if they treat you like a kid..suck it up...its rent free bro. Theres people struggling with NO home or tryin to get by...be grateful that you have parents who even tho they nag or control you,still care enough to let you stay in their home.

Comment

now i help pay 200 bucks every month to my mom to help with the bills.
                        back in 2001 i had bought her a brand new Civic that later in 2006 was flood damaged in our garage because of a water main from off of our property.

i handle the tast of maintaining the yard, like mowin the lawn and mulch and all that crap. sure it kinda sucks but i just have to suck it up.

i kinda feel like a loser living at home with mom still though. i mean come on, i'm 25 almost 26, single, and i'm living at home with mom.

Comment

Working...
                        X