Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GT4 game with CB7 cockpit

Okay, imagine a gt4 cockpit

with a setup using cb7 parts and made to cb7 specs (distance from seat to wheel to pedals)

I've been toying with this idea, I've wanted to make a cockpit for gt4 anyway, and I have a CB7 pedal assembly lying around, so I got to thinking...

Take the pedals and attach them using throttle cables to their respective cb7 pedals

possibly use shifter assembly as sequential at best...

imagine a single CB7 seat mount it with the cockpit assembly and you could use the stock rails to have a fully adjustable seat, back/forth. The seat should be the same distance from the pedal assembly as an actual CB7 setup

A cb7 steering wheel would be cool, but it would be too difficult for me, so the regular gt4 wheel would be used.

The shifter assembly I probably wouldn't do, because this wheel only uses a sequential shifter and/or paddle shifters on the wheel. But if it were attempted, perhaps the CB7 shifter could be used in a sequential manner, kind of like only shifting between 3rd and 4th, up and down shifting....

I don't want to massacre my gt4 setup in case I don't like it or it doesn't work, so changes to the gt4 wheel/pedals would have to be fairly minor or inconsequential.

Every piece would be mounted to the cockpit, likely constructed from wood. A metal frame would be nice, but I'm not a welder. The frame should be made using CB7 specs for distance. The wheel of course would be mounted to it as well, this will also help transmit the force feedback feel from the wheel to the pedals some too.

A second goal would be to make the whole unit disassembleable so I can store it away when not in use since it would take up a good portion of my already small room. The hardest part of that would be getting the seat to fold down to a reasonable size, since that can't be done with a stock CB7 seat, it only closes to something like a 45 degree angle.

The seat and shifter assembly pictures are not my own, by the way, nor do I claim them to be.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Very cool

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

thats serious love for your cb7 right there.

Comment

got alot of free time dont you lol would be cool
        93 accord: F22A swap,T3/T4 turbo, tail wastegate, front mount 27x13x3, hks turbo timer, turbo xs boost controller, msd igintion, 3in downpipe, crane cam 11mm plug wires, denso plugs, no ac or ps,wire tuck, cutted insides, one seat, auto meter boost gauge,oil pressure, a/f,and 5 in tach,act clutch and flywheel.

93 prelude: jdm headlights,OEM carbon fiber hood, tein lowering springs, work racing rims with kumho tires, msd wires and denso plugs,type r shift boot

Comment

ill take 2 for forza motorsports 2 please!!!

haha jk that looks tight man, keep us updated!
          "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
          "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
          Disregard females, acquire currency
          BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

those arent cb seats

Comment

somebody made one a while back, but they didnt use the stock pedals... let me try to find it

edit: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=22874

thats one of them, but its not the one i was remembering, somebody actually made a frame like that one, out of wood...
              Last edited by cp[mike]; 04-06-2007, 12:33 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

/\ yeah but thats just a civic seat and having the steering wheel up out of ur lap. its not really the same.

kick ass none the less.
                "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                Disregard females, acquire currency
                BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

i've got two of thoes steering wheel/pedal sets.

they're fun

Comment

Those are def. not cb seats. And other than the fact that you are planning on using a real cb seat and possibly the shifter there's no way for it to be all the same positioning as a REAL cb7, or any real car for that matter. At least not without a ton of work. Cool idea though. If it does work, I'd love to have one, lol.
                    R.I.P. CB7; hello spec-v!

Member's Ride
                    FS thread: full part-out

Help me with my spec-V fund, buy my stuff!!!
                    Degree of rice and performability are inversely related.

Comment

I know those aren't CB seats, they're prelude seats, but I couldn't find a stock photo of a cb's seat by itself.

But, using the cb for scale by simply measuring the distances and plotting them on the cockpit layout I don't see why it's not possible.

At the very least, I do want to use a cb seat and I'm quite sure I could use the pedals.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                      where you been, is something wrong?
                      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

nice if you made that it would be cheaper than paying for that gaming rig

Comment

or

you could get an h22 with some suspension mods and play real life...
                          ]

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx
                            ill take 2 for forza motorsports 2 please!!!

haha jk that looks tight man, keep us updated!

Speaking of that.....did you know you can have 4 Screens (yes four) for Forza motorsports 2 ??? Now that would be dope
                            無限WESTCOAST FUKINWITCHU ACCORD4THGEN 1990 CB7 Coupe無限

Comment

Working...
                            X