Fuck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuck.

My friend Matt, whom I bought my Skyline from, and whom also owns a rapidly growing buisness offered me something yesterday that I cant shake.

I have been having some very rough times as of late, and have made some decisions I wished I hadnt. Aside from that, my Skyline, being what it is, attracts a lot of attention, and seems to cause me nothing but greif.

It attracts more negative attention than good, and I have no love for it, so it feels right that I sell it and move on.

But, his offer was to trade my Skyline for a 5 speed Soarer that he has in stock. The Soarer is more like the Accord in many aspects, it is comfortable, has enough power to get the job done, looks good, can handle rather well, and I can fit my tall six foot five ass into.

The Soarer also has a couple modifications done, suspension, wheels, cat back exhaust, and the best tuned computer I have ever EVER had the grace of being able to pilot.

My car has a lot more modifications, BUT the Skylines arent worth as much as Soarers, mine is a different story due to its overall condition, and quality.

So, I am thinking if he is willing to trade me mine for his, I will give him the car along with all the Skyline specific parts I have that arent on the car, and keep my boost controller and turbo timer, and he to give me the Soarer, everything thats on it, and some extras, maybe a FMIC or a BOV, HKS FCON or something along those lines.

Just wondering what anyone who cares out there thinks, I really would appreciate some positive, or constructive feedback.

Skylines are getting too overrated Jon, I'd say get the Soarer

If I have to choose between a GT-R and a Soarer, then maybe I'd get the GT-R, jus 'coz of the extra turbo and the 4WD hehe but yours is the 4-door RWD, which puts it in the same class as the Soarer....Between those two, I'd personally rather drive the Soarer...IMO, more elegant, more comfortable, more eye-cathing, and judging by your description, it looks, sounds and performs good as well

Any pix of the Soarer? Would love to see 'em

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

By the sounds of it, you'd rather have the Soarer! I'd go w/ the Soarer myself, no real reason, I like the look of them Good luck w/ your decision!

Comment

I have no pictures.

The mechanic that works for him is interested in purchasing the car, and Matt needs money for a buisness expansion. If I traded, Matt would still have money to pay to his investors, and he cant pay them with suspension from a Skyline.

If this was any other time, this may work.

But as usual, I am up shit creek without a paddle.

Comment

i like the soarers, but it depends what year. round headlights, or cb7-ish headlights?

i have a lapel pin of a white soarer... ive had it around since i was 7.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

1jzgte ftw. What year soarer as mentioned though?

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

This is the one you are thinking of Mike, he has the next generation; round.

Unless I can come up with more money then what the mechanic has, this won't be happening. And I have no way of coming up with money. So its pretty self explanitory.

Comment

I like the old boxy one better

I definitely like the Skyline better... but I suppose that's really only because we have the SC here. It's not quite the same as a JDM Soarer, but it's the watered down version. We don't have anything like the Skyline, so they fascinate me. I suppose in Canada, Skylines are becoming less impressive. It'll probably be the same here once they're easier to get... Sadly, that'll be when I can afford one!

Comment

sell drugs.

quick money.

Comment

The old boxy one was built from a truck, in other words the chassis likes to flex more than an s13's, and well, none of you will believe me but s13's are garbage.

The Soarer has a much different soul than the SC.

As for the Skyline becoming less impressive; the Skyline will always be far superior to many of its competitors. What it lacks in raw power, it makes up in balance and agility. Something Toyota never did catch on to. I just like the Soarer because it is a LOT more practical. If I wanted a balls out race car I would be keeping the Skyline.

Comment

soarers are good cars, very expensive when they were new, 5spd is fairly rare, but from my understanding most of them require attention in regards to the digital gauge cluster and that is a pretty pricey replacement. you have a skyline that is in great shape. if the import laws change to 25 years (which is very plausible) finding 15-year-old and older imported JDM cars that are in good shape will surely be increasingly hard to find.

i live in saskatchewan, i dont think i've ever seen a 4dr GTS-T. i've seen plenty of 2dr GTS-Ts and a few GTRs. there is always that option to sell for a nice profit after the ports close to imports and the next f&f (or f&f clone) movie drops. just some food for thought.

1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

chaser or go home
                        Last edited by wed3k; 03-30-2007, 02:46 AM.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Is it automatic? I know there's bad ass soarer here in Ottawa, not sure what motor is in it, but I believe it's a tt, it's automatic, but it's still a really nice car

SOLD!!
                          Boosted H22
                          375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

I like the newer soarers a lot, but I've always been a fan of Nissan and especially skylines. I think you seem like you prefer the soarer though so go with that.
                            R.I.P. CB7; hello spec-v!

Member's Ride
                            FS thread: full part-out

Help me with my spec-V fund, buy my stuff!!!
                            Degree of rice and performability are inversely related.

Comment

Cant get nice Chasers here for several more years.

The Soarers came in auto or 5 speed, 1uz v8, or 1jz i6 tt. All varieties haul ass.

Since I cant trade cars right now, I am just going to continue with my Skyline. I am putting suspension in as we speak, and I will buy an rb26 trans and a Nismo N1 rb26 when I explode what I have. With the turbo I am planning on, well, blowing it up will be fast and painless for it. Unless something else random comes up, that is what I am aiming for.

Comment

Working...
                              X