Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Posting...Read this

Hey,

For some reason teh site was running slow before, and many many people double-triple-or even quadrouple(sp) posted. Anyways, If you didnt know, when you go back to the thread, all you have to do is go to edit post, in the bottom right of that post(the one you want to delete) and at the top of the page that comes up, check the delete box.. and delete it.

Its just been annoying seeing 4 posts that say the same thing. I did the same thing when it was slow, but i took care of my posts already. Sure it will help ATX a lot also.

Thanks

Thanks aero3685! And YES! Please edit your posts if you notice this... It's a total pain to edit every one I see! Steve certainly doesn't have time right now (he's kinda busy, either workin on or driving his car ) I'm not able to catch everything either, nor do I have the time.

There's something screwy with the site for now, but it seems to be fixed...

Comment

im having this problem right now too...haha i think i got like 7 posts in one!

hopefully this problem will be fixed, ill fix the rest in my area tomorrow if it happends and some people forget
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

i already fixed some of mine.
        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

i forget whose it was, but i took care of 7 in a row its alot of work... i noticed the site is still having problems, so if you notice the site taking a long time to finish posting, DO NOT CLICK "Submit" AGAIN... i usually just let it sit, and i open up a new browser window to continue reading the site, while the other window is still sending the post

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

ya thats what i have been doing.and sooner or later it does post what you typed.

Comment

hmm, this is an odd problem.

i'm not sure what the deal is. i'm just guessing that the server is running slow for some reason.

what also could cause the double posting... is if you hit the 'post reply' button more than once. even if it's taking an unusual amount of time for the post to submit, DO NOT click the button more than once. if anything, just exit your browser.. and return to the forum... find where you posted... and it should be there, even if it never seemed to submit through.

i'll contact my hosting company about this problem though.

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerx TWO TIMES
                what also could cause the double posting... is if you hit the 'post reply' button more than once. even if it's taking an unusual amount of time for the post to submit, DO NOT click the button more than once. if anything, just exit your browser.. and return to the forum... find where you posted... and it should be there, even if it never seemed to submit through.
                bahaha... the man who says NOT to click submit twice has done it himself!!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Its not just this site going slow as dirt, but some of the other boards out there are taking their sweet time to submit messages as well.
                  Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                  2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                  2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                  2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
                    bahaha... the man who says NOT to click submit twice has done it himself!!
                    well i actually didn't click it twice that time...

that's why i'm confused now.

damn, this sucks.

Comment

ya it wouldnt let me post at all a few times.. boards going whacky

Comment

Comment

Comment

i havent done it once.once you click submit reply the first time just leave it alone.it will go through it takes about 2 mins.just click it once and move on thats all.not that hard to figure out.

Comment

see it fucking did it rite above.. board is fux0red

Comment

Working...
                              X