Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help your friendly neighborhood admin! (I think my motor is done...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote
    The Mahle pistons aren't a bad idea though... if I go turbo, I may forgo the overbore and just run the mahles. I dunno... I'm still getting my thoughts together!
    I was actually referring to the Mahle overbores But thats just in the unlikely event of your sleeves being in bad shape. With normal wear and tear, the frm should still be just fine.
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
      eh, i have no money for you. noone gave me $$ when ive wasted 1,600$ with 3 blown engines etc

Sorry
      Who said I was asking for money? I think I specifically said I'm NOT asking for money! I won't turn it down if it's offered, but I certainly don't expect a handout from anyone. People are here so they can learn to build their own cars, not give their hard-earned money to me to build mine.

I'm asking for connections, reccomendations, and hopefully hookups. I know there are a few people on here that work for performance shops (or own them). I know there are people who are close with various shops. I know there are people here with parts that may be of use. I once estimated a full turbo build on an H22 to be about $10,000. I'd like to do it for considerably less. I can offer advertising both on my car and on this site (and possibly work in a discount for cb7tuner members as well...)

I'm not looking for anyone to give me anything... aside from some useful information.

Comment

if your sleeves were messed up, your car would have come to a grinding, crunching halt.

id get a set of mahles, rods, and a crank.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Deev how long have you had your h22?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

mahles ftw!!! anyways, I would love to have someone like you truly be able to test it out since u drive a lot and you give out good descriptions of products you come into use with, if that makes sense
            Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
            Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

I was thinking it would be awsome if everyone on the site sent you a dollar or two. Id be willing to do it.good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by tuner2be
                I was thinking it would be awsome if everyone on the site sent you a dollar or two. Id be willing to do it.good luck.
                that sounds like a good idea, thru paypal...youd be set!

Comment

as much as id love to help you out, I cant see myself donating just because your the special admin guy...but I know thats not what your asking for.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                  "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                  "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Yeah, I'm not asking for money. For me to ask that would be abusing my position, as I'm not here to make a profit. Any help with the costs to run the site is always welcome, but I'm not going to say "I broke my car, send me money!"

I'm hoping more for favors. People who have the facilities, knowledge, and hook-ups to lend a hand would be appreciated. I know there are people on here that would (and have) gone WAY out of their way for a cb7tuner in need (cpmike and doctorcipher put hours into helping me do my clutch... well, pretty much doing it for me... h22sparkle, gloryaccordy, and 2.2azul came down from NY to pull my motor on short notice... icedplaya123 hauled his sick self over to my house to help me get my volvo...)
                    I hate to even ask for that help, but I honestly need it.
                    I've decided to hang onto the Volvo while I fix the CB7. It's good enough, and I'd rather get the CB back on the road ASAP.

If the cylinder walls are alright, I may try the Mahle pistons. I need to do some more research on using the F22 crank, and what would be needed (like, would shelf Mahle Gold series pistons have valve clearance issues?)

I'm still tossing ideas around. I may build for turbo. I may get another H22 and just store this one. I just know that when I build, I want to do it right!

Comment

Funny you posted this. I drove home on 3 cylinders yesterday. I thought it might be bad but turned out a plug wire was grounding prematurely. My car is just limping by. Damn our old cars! Damn them all!

I offer you any wrenching to be done and my internet searching skills. You tell me your plans and I'll find the best products at the best prices online.
                      You could do a full NA H22 build for about $4k. You could do a F22 turbo build on a stock engine for dirt cheap. Or not even not half ass it with everything but sleeving it and still be cheaper than $4k and still have a fast car.

I owe you money for your wheels. For usage or buying outright. You decide. You have 2 more with tires, right? Sell your other wheels/tires! You have hundreds of dollars right there.

I've put off the manual swap for winter, as you've figured out. Now my plans for the whole car are coming together but I might not take the F22 tranny. I've been thinking about all this for weeks. I can't decide. If I could have it done tomorrow I would. Fuck, maybe we'll talk and you can help me decide what to do with my engine and tranny swap plans.

Also, how's your suspension and brakes? Better make sure they are all perfect before you spend money on an engine. I know I am.
                      Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                      -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                      MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

I should check the sparkplug wire... d112crzy said the same thing. I haven't done it yet. I'd feel rather silly if that's all it is! I should probably consider a build anyway... I plan on pushing this motor hard this year, and harder next year (I'd like to compete at the amateur level at some point).

I could change my lower ball joints and tie rod ends... I have them, just haven't installed them yet. Shocks and springs are in good shape. Brakes are so-so. The calipers could be rebuilt, as they don't clamp evenly, causing premature inner pad wear. I eventually want to upgrade to the CL ROH conversion, so I'm not planning on putting too much money into the brakes until then.

Regardless of how powerful the motor is, the brakes will be stopping me from the same speeds as I would hit with a stock engine. It's not like I'll be charging into corners or anything! Stock brakes work fine. An upgrade is coming for added performance, but it's not absolutely necessary yet. I'll just have to keep an eye on the pads ($20 pep boys cheapies are in there now... man do they suck compared to my old ceramics!)

I may sell the 7 spokes. I do like them, and they're in decent shape, but I suppose I don't NEED two sets of OEM wheels. I think I like my 6 spokes better. The Hanabis will be back... they aren't going anywhere They aren't overly popular, so I have a feeling they won't be around much longer. I could have a fairly rare wheel on my hands in a few years.
                        As for owing me for the wheels, unless you want to keep them, you don't owe me anything. You've helped me out plenty of times, and I expect you'll help me out more in the future. Getting your car back on the road was more important than keeping the collection of wheels in my basement fully stocked!

Comment

Ok... messed with the plugs and wires... And the knock is gone! Thanks guys for suggesting that!

Of course, that doesn't mean everything is peachy. Take a look at this:

Those are in order from left to right. #1 has a tube seal leak. I'll fix that this weekend. #2 looks alright. #3 looks like it was tossed into a furnace. #4 looks alright.

That #3 plug scares the hell out of me. When I pulled the plug cover off, I immediately saw that the #3 wire was raised. When I installed the plugs, everything was fine. I pulled it out and it's totally gray. The little floating ring on it was jammed onto the threads, and the threads themselves had a bit of aluminum in them (like they were forced in... but I'm ALWAYS careful not to strip that fragile aluminum when installing plugs!)

I'm thinking I had some detonation that I didn't hear. Not sure what the cause could've been, but #3 is definitely borked. I'll try a compression test this weekend as well...

Comment

good to hear the knock is gone, maybe u dont have to do the rebuild after all

Comment

hmmm...only thing i can think of is that the spark was maybe arching never seen that happen
                              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Yeah, that's a great relief! Though I was kinda getting excited about doing it... I'll wait until I NEED to do it, though. No reason to rip apart a reasonably healthy motor just yet.

I still need to figure out that #3. If there's something bad going on there, I may not be out of trouble yet...

Comment

Working...
                                X