motorcycle reliability as a DD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motorcycle reliability as a DD?

im thinkin about getting a motorcycle as a daily driver, i can always see myself on one. i dont even know where to start though i dont know anything about them or anything about them reliability wise.

reason for it is my car is a never ending project to "go faster" and my problem with other DD that i have owned is I BRAKE THEM cuz i beat the shit out of them i cant help it. The H is by far the longest lasting engine so far that i have owned. so im wondering if a motorcycle will sustain my abuse as a dd because i cant find a car that can take me!

obviously im talking crotchrocket not a harely! lol like a gsxr 600
    ]

wirte on your forehead "please take pics and post on cb7tuner.com" for the medical examiner

thanks

Comment

get a bus pass!!!!

Comment

reason i want one is because i live by the college and everything is within 3 miles every store like autozone walmart albertsons anything is all 3 miles and so is the school. even a vespa would do im just not ***
        ]

Comment

i had a gsxr750 i miss it but i warn u once u get one u forget about ur car because there sooo fast lol

Myspace
          My ride
          my vouches
          H22 fund: $125
          My rides:
          92 civic B16 (sold)
          93 civic B18A (sold)
          93 accord F22A6
          91 civic 4 door (sold)
          98 GSXR 750 traded for B16 swap civic

Comment

in lastest headlines

"kid kills 50 people after wrecking into a tanker truck"

Comment

in lastest headlines

"kid kills 50 people after wrecking into a tanker truck"
              Onlookers were overheard describing it, "Ever seen the beginning of Final Destination 2? Yeah, kinda like that."

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
              where you been, is something wrong?
              i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

dude...you're gonna kill youself on a motorcycle...let alone a gsx600.

start off with a 250 meng 3k will buy you a semi-new one and still has plenty of get-n-go

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/mcy/266155040.html
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                  dude...you're gonna kill youself on a motorcycle...let alone a gsx600.

start off with a 250 meng 3k will buy you a semi-new one and still has plenty of get-n-go

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/mcy/266155040.html
                  good idea mang except not taht new! i was looking like 2k
                  ]

Comment

No offense but you need to learn how to drive "defensivly". Not granny style, but civil. Not every f***ing road is a drag strip, i myself dont drive defensively 100% prolly 70% of time, and in that 30% i rev my f22 to the 6.5 and such but not repeatly.

If u cant take care of care and somehow wrecked your car but some act, urs or someone elses, it is by no means to get a cycle.

With cycles you are less visable to other car and truck drivers, damn trucks, and they are not so great to drive in the wet. You gotta take those into consideration, also dont treat ur vehicles as "toys". Even though they are fun to be in and go fast, as we all do, you gotta take responisbility for what you do and the circumstances for the actions that you do, so dont just trash one thing and get another one just to mess up again.

Get one and stick with it, maintain it, respect it, and enjoy it.

Im done preaching, but do whatever u want as ur ?location? says, just take what some of us are saying into consideration.
                    www.myspace.com/sajunglist

www.bassdrive.com

Comment

Ya..... don't get a bike dude.

I'm 28, and I've been riding for 3 years now. I've got an SV1000S, it's been perfectly reliable for 16k now given I am a maintenance whore.....moreso than the average JOE.

Not to mention, the way you drive you'd kill yourself.
                      1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

please get a bike.
                        they are excellent dd's.
                        2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                        2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

bikes are much more dangerous. knowing you and your driving styles, a bike wouldnt just be "oh i went into a ditch and broke my exhaust" itd be more like "nnnnn ehnn mmmm beennn neeh" which nobody would be able to understand, because your jaw was just bolted back together after you slipped and crushed half of your body under another car.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                          Current cars:
                          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

man you seem like you dont take these guys advice seriously.. i mean the ones telling you to not fuck with a bike

stupidity plus speed dont mix mang

someone told me if you get a used bike make sure its under 10k miles

Comment

tanks for the advice, i just live right near the college and its pointless to drive 5 blocks to autozone. i was originally going to get a scooter but those are so *** i thought i could score a motorcycle and look cool to the chicks at school while im at it instead of the kid on the scooter! i think im gonna get a 250 cc and see how it goes.
                              ]

Comment

Working...
                              X