Windows Vista: New OS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Vista: New OS

Anyone heard of this new operating system yet, if so how do you think it is. Or if not how do you think it will be.

Will's Accord

I think its awesome. I want it for my laptop

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
      I think its awesome. I want it for my laptop

its just windows trying to act like a mac....

Comment

Originally posted by 501accord
        lol, who knows

Will's Accord

Comment

Supposed to be good, but in the end it's still Windows. My sister and her fiance just bought a new computer and they'll get a free upgrade to Vista whenever it comes out, so hopefully I'll be able to see how it is. I'm finally getting my own laptop though (17inch Macbook Pro ) so no more windows for me!

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

yup

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

id still like to see it, i have macs and pc's in my house, the macs are far more superior, but id still like to check out vista when im able to. i saw ads in a flyer in teh paper for a laptop for 800$ and it'll come with vista...i need a new laptop anyways...might go check it out.
              ..[CB7][STAR]..
              MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Nah.... Theres no need. Macs aren't compatible. The new Vista will actually be able to run 1 GB of memory at ONCE. The speed will be pheonomenal. Macs can still only push 512 MB's maximum.

and I think Macs are tying to copy Pc's....Thus them using the far superior Intel Processors :-)

I like Macs, but they are pieces of shit.

*edit*

this is from someone that has 2 G5's, a new Macbook (junk) and 2 Windows based laptops.

I never had a problem with my Windows laptops...but I already had to replace the harddrive on my macbook. My G5's crash all the time trying to run 3 programs max....WTF? did I get duds? no, people believe Macs are technological godsends, which they are not.
                Last edited by verothacamaro; 01-01-2007, 06:28 PM.
                14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

I've used a beta version of Windows Vista (no more than a month ago)

it looked cool, but gave me the dreaded BSOD almost every time I tried to do something.
                  so I went back to XP

Hopefully the final release of Vista is stable enough to at least use for more than 10 mins.

Comment

ill stay away from vista because of what i've read about digital rights managment... dont need uncle bill babysittin me and my mp3s...thanks.
                    Seattle Silver crew #5
                    Member of the Midwest Car Club.
                    ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

Originally posted by accord91lx
                      ill stay away from vista because of what i've read about digital rights managment... dont need uncle bill babysittin me and my mp3s...thanks.
                      I know you just downloaded Afro Whores: Shes a Freak from AFREAKA!

hahah but seriously...It's bound to happen, regardless of the OS (maybe Linux is safe)
                      14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

i used the beta for a while and absolutely hated it. its windows attempting to take the "better" features from mac OS and various linux distros and combining them all together, but in a retarded microsoft "cater to the idiot users" way.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

isn't DRM only in .wma files?

steer clear from .wma's!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro
                            Nah.... Theres no need. Macs aren't compatible. The new Vista will actually be able to run 1 GB of memory at ONCE. The speed will be pheonomenal. Macs can still only push 512 MB's maximum.

and I think Macs are tying to copy Pc's....Thus them using the far superior Intel Processors :-)

*edit*

this is from someone that has 2 G5's, a new Macbook (junk) and 2 Windows based laptops.

I never had a problem with my Windows laptops...but I already had to replace the harddrive on my macbook. My G5's crash all the time trying to run 3 programs max....WTF? did I get duds? no, people believe Macs are technological godsends, which they are not.
                            I dont know what youre talking about with memory, as OS X meters memory usage far differently than windows. I have 1 gig and a quarter of ram in my laptop, and it runs fine. Ive actually never even come close to using it all. Most of it (around 600MB) is always in use, but I usually have 500MB or so sitting there inactive.

Being completely honest, Ive had less problems with OS X on a computer it was NOT designed to run on, than I have with the windows XP pro copy I was forced to reinstall (since Dell wasnt nice enough to provide me with an install disc.)

FYI, Mac Pros have room for 8 GB of memory. at once.

Vista is just a copy of a copy.
                            (NeXT BeOS -> OS X ->Vista)

at least Steve Jobs only stole from himself.

Granted, it DOES have good features, but overall, its nothing better than XP with a pretty windowblinds skin.
                            -Mark-
                            CB7
                            CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                            Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro

*edit*

Maybe you're just having bad luck? We use the new iMacs at school and they work fine. Once in awhile they'll crash, but so do PCs, and it only seems to be the same 2 or 3 in the labs, not all of them. Also, they stay on almost 24/7 and are used by crazy amounts of students.

With the new Intel Duo processors though the memory management is much better. With our home PC we always have to restart it and takes for ever to load programs (we have 1GB memory). The new Mac Pro desktops can support up to 16GB memory, way to f-ing expensive though.

My sis bought a Mac laptop a year or 2 ago and have had no problems (not sure the model though :S). She also bought it used from the college after one of the programs upgraded the computers.

Also, Intel has nothing to do with Microsoft, it was their decision to partner with Apple, and a good one at that.

I don't know, maybe you've just had bad luck :P lol.
                              Last edited by Dinner_Time; 01-01-2007, 07:17 PM.

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

Working...
                              X