Black people don't watch "Friends"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black people don't watch "Friends"

Just an observation I made tonight... I mean it in jest, and I really don't intend to generalize... But in work tonight (I work in a restaurant... primarilly patronized by white folk... cheap white folk) I noticed that there were almosy NO white customers. EVERYONE was black... Hence, my observation. All the white people were saying "What happens with Ross and Rachel? OMG!" And all the black people were thinking: "I'm hungry, let's go eat."

There is no point to this whatsoever. I'll probably delete this in the morning when I see it. I'm tired as hell tonight!

i agree, the *majority* of them don't.

(this is my free whore post. i get one per year, and i am using it now)

Comment

<--- mine (or is this entire thread my whore post? )

Comment

i'm black and i'd like to say...fuck "friends" lol. I forced myself to watch one episode of that show one day and i have this to say about it...i want my 30 minutes back! I still don't see whats so popular about the show
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Gotta represent for the Bruthas

I must say that this is a fairly accurate observation. I think that people of color don't have any interest in watching a show that doesn't have any people of color in it whatsoever. They won't even give us a broom to push on Friends .
          Bean Town Crew Member #3
          Lovin' the 6MT w/ Nav TL!
          "They Aint the REAL McCOY!"

Comment

they dont watch it because these people have lived in NYC for 10 years and haven't had one black friend..

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
            www.maketradefair.com

Comment

Originally posted by 97Lude
              they dont watch it because these people have lived in NYC for 10 years and haven't had one black friend..
              so true... cept that one girl charlie... but that was it. i was thinking about that the other day.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Somewhat the same can be said about Seinfeld in that case but i personally like Seinfeld and have a few other friends of a "minority" position that enjoy the show also. In any case..."Friends" is not minority friendly. Have they ever even had a hispanic on the show?
                Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I've never watched it, and Ima cracka.

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
                  Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
                  Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
                  Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

Comment

I used to have the same beef with 90210. They even had that one dude who was all into DJ'in and Rhymin' n'shit but they couldn't even put a person of color on the show. I just don't like shows that don't reflect the diverse reality of society.

must admit though, i think Seinfeld is funny as hell, but i think the difference is that you got predominantly all Jewish characters so it seems to reason that they mainly interact with other Jews.
                    Bean Town Crew Member #3
                    Lovin' the 6MT w/ Nav TL!
                    "They Aint the REAL McCOY!"

Comment

Hey I watched the last episode. My gf made me watch a couple of them as well. She was white and Im half black and Palauan (think Tiger Woods peeps).

I watched the episode when they all played basketball and Pheobe flashed Chandler. I always thought Rachael was a hottie...(its good to be Ross and Brad Pitt).

Show wasn't that bad at all IMO
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

friends mmmmmmmmmmmm kind of funny sometimes> i like the prince of bel air. will smith>>>philly dude.(i am from philly get it)
                        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Will Smith rules

I didn't expect this thread to actually spawn intelligent conversation. Cool!

I've always noticed that there are black shows and white shows... very rarely do they mix. In the white shows, the black people are always cool and quiet (if they exist at all). In the black shows, the white people are always obnoxious and nerdy. If there ever IS an even mix, both sides are SO stereotypical it's not even funny!

Comment

I'm black, live in the pjs ( QNZ BABY !!! SouthSide HOLLA !!! ) and i love friends. I just got finished watching the last episode last night and it was kind of coo. I remember the first time i started watching it ( originally i was hatin on it ), it was the episode when ross was acting like the game show host for monica n rachel vs joey and chandler for the apt. The shit was funny as hell so i kept watching it. After the show was over i wanted to catch it another day, after that i started watching it whenever i could. The show was funny as hell for what it was, i know alot of black ppl that watch that show. I can care less that they don't have any black ppl on there cuz if you look at manhattan ( which is like 30 minz away ), it's not like that. You won't see numerous amounts of white and blacks mingling together like it's peace. There may be some white heads that have black friends but you know damn well they aint got no key to their crib.

In the end, the show was good, and it will be missed ( well, the new episodes anyway ).
                            I love the bouncy...it's great...

Comment

That's what I expected first thing on this thread!

I know there are probably plenty of black people who watch Friends. I also know that the lack for diversity really doesn't matter. Hell, I loved Martin when I was a kid, and it didn't matter to me one bit that there were never any white people.

Comment

Working...
                              X