Uti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uti

okay i'm thinking about going.. but how is the exam at the end of each course.. is it like a 10 page exam.. is it easy hard? or just a summary of all the stuff you learn? do you have test every week or after the 3 weeks of being in that class? help me out guys.. how is.. whats the pros and cons. are you allowed to wear durags? what about having tattoos... let me know..
    http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

i hear its really easy. they pretty much let anyone in. tattoos arent allowed though. they distracting to the other students. if you notice mechanics dont have tattoos. unless you go to some redneck shop where the mechanic learned by working on his pappys truck. durags have to be taken off when working or else they can get caught in the machinery and hurt someone or break something.

Comment

uti would be nice...

Comment

ive seen a number people who say theyve come from uti, but have no clue what they are talking about...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Dani Filth
          if you notice mechanics dont have tattoos. unless you go to some redneck shop where the mechanic learned by working on his pappys truck.

I have plenty of tattoos. I'm also more then qualified to work at any shop in my area. Pretty ignorant comment.

Another member on here 92accordDX (jason) if you happen to be from the same area as Dani Filth. He graduated from UTI and said it was the biggest waste of 30k ever.
          Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Why not just go and find out? You've been asking about UTI since you joined... It's a school. They train mechanics. I'm sure they will have no problem with tattoos, and a durag won't be an issue unless you're working with something that can catch it (that statement wasn't totally ignorant...)
            How hard it is is completely dependant on your ability to study and absorb information. Some people do that better than others. You may have to work hard, or it may all just come to you. If you don't understand something when it is being taught, you won't learn it on your own... ask questions before you get buried.

It's like any school. They throw as much at you as they can in hopes that you retain at least 70% of it (hence, the normal passing grade). Most of the things you learn will be very controlled, and won't be perfect examples of real-world problems. Rebuilding a transmission may be easy, untill you have to work on one that some moron ran dry until it seized. They'll give you the tools (mental tools... and real tools upon graduation, which is cool) to enter the world as a mechanic. However, that doesn't mean you'll know everything. You'll still probably start working at the bottom of the ladder, and you'll still feel clueless in the beginning. If you don't feel clueless, then you're probably screwing everything up.

Another option is to get a job in a shop or dealership doing bitch work. Change oil, pass wrenches, clean stuff... whatever. Get involved and learn, and you can bypass the school stuff. Now, is that a good substitute? It depends. If you learn well in a classroom environment with controlled examples, then UTI is probably best for you (or if you can't present yourself well enough to get a job at a shop). If you learn best just by being thrown into the middle of things (and learning shortcuts that may or may not be good...) then just go straight to a shop and ask to be a bitch.

Comment

i was afraid to look into this topic because i thought it was about the bad uti, a Urinary Tract Infection.
              regardless, mechanics can have tattoos and lernin is good fer yE!
              2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
              2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

haha when i clicked on this thread i thought someone was going to be bitching about hvaing a urinary track infection hahaha to disapoint me
                My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

well anyone from uti can answer this. can i have tats? one said yes another said no? whats the dealio..

Comment

Originally posted by soon2bdropped
                    well anyone from uti can answer this. can i have tats? one said yes another said no? whats the dealio..
                    someone get the doctor, this guy needs help...

Comment

Man you shouldnt even be ANYWHERE near a car in the first place, your car died last summer and you couldn't even fix that shit yourself, you got a ticket for a loud exhaust and bitched about it.

Therefore, don't bother wasting your time...by this I mean,

If your so concerned about personal appearance rather than the school itself, don't waste their time or our time by asking stupid repetitive questions.
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Ever think of actually calling the school and asking? What a novel thought.

Comment

i'm really really thinkin about not turbo ing my car and just go to UTI this january.. anyone that went there.. how is the final exam. the one at the end of the year when your about to graduate.. i know it must be hard and long.. any tips? i know its a summary of all that you learnt.. is it multiple choice questions or what.. how is it.. if you don't pass the exam you don't graudate.. but if u don't pass.. wat now you just wasted the whole year or theres free retakes?

Comment

i'm really really thinkin about not turbo ing my car and just go to UTI this january.. anyone that went there.. how is the final exam. the one at the end of the year when your about to graduate.. i know it must be hard and long.. any tips? i know its a summary of all that you learnt.. is it multiple choice questions or what.. how is it.. if you don't pass the exam you don't graudate.. but if u don't pass.. wat now you just wasted the whole year or theres free retakes?

anyone?

Comment

Why don't you just call the school? There's plenty of people there that will give you all the information you'll ever want.

Comment

Working...
                              X