X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lotus gets dropped off lift...

Damn...
    http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30674

I don't feel sorry for the guy at all. A hella nice car, but the owner seems like a dink. And the end is the best... "Guess I'll have to drive the 911." Don't really feel sorry for him at all . Poor car though .

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

I feel sorry for the lotus though, those are sweet

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
      where you been, is something wrong?
      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner_Time
        I don't feel sorry for the guy at all. A hella nice car, but the owner seems like a dink. And the end is the best... "Guess I'll have to drive the 911." Don't really feel sorry for him at all . Poor car though .
        Its not the owner's fault that the shop jacked the car up using parts of the body as the jack points. If your favorite car got crashed for no good reason, you would feel like him. Especially if it was paid off.

That shop better compensate for that owner's loss. If that happenned to me, I would demand a brand new one.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerCam282
          Its not the owner's fault that the shop jacked the car up using parts of the body as the jack points. If your favorite car got crashed for no good reason, you would feel like him. Especially if it was paid off.

That shop better compensate for that owner's loss. If that happenned to me, I would demand a brand new one.
          same here. if they agreed to take on the service, they better damn know the valve of the vehicle they are working on, and if they dont have the insurance or ability to cover it, they shouldnt be working on it.

he has a completely paid off, very expensive, rare exotic car. because of a random shop, the car will now never again be perfect, itll always be "fixed" and repainted and straightened... on top of the actual damage, that car just lost thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars worth of value.

if it were me, id be in court right now fighting for a brand new one as well. they didnt just drop a $2000 old honda accord, they dropped a car from the top of a lift that has sideskirts that probably cost just that much, or more.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

When I was there, they had a wrecker attached with a winch to the front end so it wouldn't come crashing down. After it cleared the lift, the front end swung around and crashed into some tool chests.

Wow some stupid people. What trips me out is they read it and they didnt read the jacking part lol. Isnt that why he gave them the manual to read lol. Common sense would tell you to look at the jack points before anything right? I dunno.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

You give a mechanic the cars manual, they prob feel you insulted their intelligence.

So they go ahead without reading it, and look what happens.

arrogant ignorance is a strong weapon, some peoples brains shut off when you hurt their ego

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
              where you been, is something wrong?
              i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

dont they know what the earthquake test was?
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

that sucks. the bottom of that looks wiird.

Comment

Working...
                  X