East coast spring meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East coast spring meet?

Last year around this time JspecCB4 made a post and started organizing the large spring meet that took place this past spring in Asheboro, NC. I am checking the interest for another spring meet, and possible locations.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Atl.

"Tucking tires and wires."
    The Chronicles.

Comment

ATLanta
      1993 Honda Accord LX
      2006 Yamaha R6
      2004 Acura TSX

Comment

Forget that...Im thinking Washington DC
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

DC is alot more reasonable for Northerners than ATL is. ATL is somewhere around a 20 hour drive from some new englanders.

EDIT: I just checked. mapquest says 17 hours from my house, and 12 hours from my school.

However, DC is only like 1.5 hours from my school, and 6 hour from my house. its a big difference.
          Last edited by ACC0RD22; 11-08-2006, 12:24 AM.
          -Mark-
          CB7
          CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
          Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

what about VA Beach? Myrtle Beach?
            -Xavier

Comment

yea, i was just sayin ATL cuz i live 15 mins from there. ha.
              1993 Honda Accord LX
              2006 Yamaha R6
              2004 Acura TSX

Comment

im up for another long weekend road trip next spring, i had a lot of fun going down to NC. theres a lot of planning involved, and it would have to be somewhere were at least 1 member lives. a location scoped out, clear directions made up, local hotel w/ enough rooms found, etc...

it sounds like you could possibly have set the ball rolling... did jspec really start the Asheboro meet? he didnt end up going, and since it was zipcreature's location, he was the one who helped plan alot out. even if you dont plan on organizing it, now that the idea is out there, hopefully somebody will step up unfortunately NY is not really an area for any larger meets to happen in, or id do it...
                Last edited by cp[mike]; 11-08-2006, 01:28 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

of course you'll get another ATL vote from me. later.
                  Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

How many people came from the north vs how many came from the south? Forget HondaFan and co. for now. If more people came from the north and will come to the next one I say bump it a tad north. Of course I'm biased but it makes since.
                    Of course, the more north we bring it then we'll probably lose the FL people.
                    Let's see who's interested in attending and who can host it. I think then the location will be pretty obvious.
                    I agree 100% it has to be where someone lives. Not nessessarily at their house, but it's so important for someone local to make sure everything is planned out and goes smooth.
                    Someone make an "interested" list...
                    Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                    -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                    MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                      im up for another long weekend road trip next spring, i had a lot of fun going down to NC. theres a lot of planning involved, and it would have to be somewhere were at least 1 member lives. a location scoped out, clear directions made up, local hotel w/ enough rooms found, etc...

it sounds like you could possibly have set the ball rolling... did jspec really start the Asheboro meet? he didnt end up going, and since it was zipcreature's location, he was the one who helped plan alot out. even if you dont plan on organizing it, now that the idea is out there, hopefully somebody will step up unfortunately NY is not really an area for any larger meets to happen in, or id do it...
                      guilty. spun a rod bearing the week before.... shittiness

"Tucking tires and wires."
                      The Chronicles.

Comment

Yeah, well my suggestion is obviously Charlotte. Somewhat central for NYC and South FL drivers. Largest city in NC, plenty of hotels, and possible meet sites. Plenty of roads for cruzin' and a lot of parking garages for which to get those mad tyte jdm pictars.

Edit: Charlotte is also more accesible than Asheboro, and other similar cities because 85 and 77 intersect in Charlotte, and 40 intersects 77 30 miles north of Charlotte.
                        Last edited by The G-Man; 11-08-2006, 02:01 AM.
                        Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

since everyone is obviously going to prefer thier home cities (who wouldnt?), why dont we, instead, try to find out how much everyone is willing to drive, so we can make a more accurate compromise for everyone.

Ill start it off.

Im willing to drive 6-7 hours.
                          -Mark-
                          CB7
                          CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                          Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Depends on several factors, but I am up for about 6-7 as well.
                            Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Yeah, someone make a list of possible attendees.
                              It was like 8 hours for me and that was my limit. 6-7 sounds good.
                              Richmond!
                              Everyone, make sure you're on this... http://www.frappr.com/cb7tuner
                              Last edited by uslspct; 11-08-2006, 02:11 AM.
                              Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                              -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                              MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Working...
                              X