Midnight Mechanic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midnight Mechanic

I just did the 9005 headlight conversion in complete darkness... started the process at 12:30 am

I ghettofied the thing... using toenail clippers to snip the top fin, and a hot screwdriver (heated over the stove, repeatedly) to melt the inside guides. I managed to feel my way around enough to remove the old bulbs and put the new ones in without breaking anything. Good thing headlights are something I've done enough times that I feel comfortable doing it!

I'm proud of myself... I know it's a simple mod, but I kinda took the hardcore way to it.

I'm just curious, what mods have you guys done at rediculous hours of the night? I KNOW I'm not alone here!

mike i do the same thing i did my 9005 all of them at night. no flash lights just street lights. i cut my finger and my nails tryin to do the conversion on my low beams. and i cant forget doing the camber kit with a little blue lantern (thanks cpmike)

i usually wax and wash the car at night to lol

Comment

At least you won't get spots from the sun drying your car too fast!

I'll have my suspension to add to the list. Sometime after 8pm on an upcoming Wednesday (maybe next Wed, who knows...) I will be assisted by 92accordDX and Patastinky in the installation of a kickass suspension... Well, certianly kickass compared to my 12 year old stock setup! (which Luis will be walking away with...) I can't wait!

All I need is wheels and I'll be lookin good!

Comment

my coolest midnight job was the night before the CT meet... i knew i had to get my car done, i had to replace my master and slave cylinders... i stayed up like normal till like 5am.. then im like... wtf, its getting light out... waited till 6:30, went back outside, and started working on the car. my mom came out at 8:30 and was like "umm... did you ever go to bed?"

lol.

yeah and me and mauricio put on his camber kit in the dark

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I put my cold air in at night...I just wasn't as lucky as you guys...I was over my friends house...and yes...he drove me home...turns out I knocked a sparkplug boot loose...made my car run lousy...but hey, it was dark out, right?

Comment

Me and a buddy were up till 3:30 on a week day morning swapping a b16 into his civic. My body was pretty sore after 10 hours of that work.

Comment

good job. but Dremels Ownz you! haha. took me literally 5 minutes tops with a dremel.
              BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

Yeah, I've been meaning to get a dremel... I want one, but I'm too damn cheap!
                If I ever do it to expensive bulbs, then I'll either buy a dremel (finally) or borrow one from someone. I was just inspired last night, so I had to do it "RIGHT NOW!!!"

I'm an impatient emeneffer...

Comment

I just recieved my teins yesterday and stayed up unitll 4 in the morning installing them YES!
                  To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Working...
                  X