Keyless Entry QUESTION!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyless Entry QUESTION!!

Is it possible to buy and OEM keyless entry from a newer accord and install it in my cb7? Or would it be some type of big hassle, cause i have a 93 se and it came with a keyless entry but its old and doesn't work well. Someone please let me know. Thanks!!

Originally posted by NellyB
    Is it possible to buy and OEM keyless entry from a newer accord and install it in my cb7? Or would it be some type of big hassle, cause i have a 93 se and it came with a keyless entry but its old and doesn't work well. Someone please let me know. Thanks!!
    If you are going to spend the money, you might as well just get some sort of alarm system, with keyless entry.

Comment

im figuring an OEM kit would be harder to install than an aftermarket one, as all the wires are preloomed into a harness and you wont have any of the pinouts, and itll all be custom wiring just like an aftermarket kit. and if u buy a kit/alarm youll have tons of extra features, colorcoded pinouts, and plenty of loose wire to work with, and itll probably be cheaper.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Thanks alot i appreciate it!!!!

Comment

just get a alarm that has keyless entry function and shaved your doors like i did on mine :P

Comment

Working...
          X