Tihs is pterty iintgertseng...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tihs is pterty iintgertseng...

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Isn't that weird?

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
    www.maketradefair.com

that is interesting. lol. I wonder if that works with like every single word or is it just that particular phrase that it works for.
    HSHO #3

Comment

that's actually interesting.

for the national boards in medicine, and probably other fields, test makers actually use this little publicized fact. so they will have long words in paragraphs that actually make a difference in treatment, outcome, etc. b/c it is shown, as in this study you found, that we tend to gloss over the majority of the letters in long words.

for example:

atherosclerosis vs. arteriolosclerosis. 1st one is caused by cholesterol plaques literally coating the walls of large to medium blood vessels, and the second is unknown in origin but thought to be due to calcium deposits and linked to smoking and occurs in very tiny blood vessels.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

That is so cool! Thanks for posting that. It really makes me think about how weird reading is.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

wow thats freakin crazy
          DD: 1998 Honda Civic EX Coupe
          PC: *searching*

Comment

Wow... When I first started reading that, I thought you were drunk! Until I started to understand both what it said, and what it was saying... That is so cool!
            I guess that's the concept behind speed reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevergote

Ya thats exactly what I was thinking.

I'm the worst speed reader. I tried once but could not tell you what I just read. I will stick to a page a minute.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

thats freaking weird... but awesome. the word "iintgertseng" looks german or something so i thought u posted in some other language.. till i started reading.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I thought I was getting dyslexic for a moment, there...

L8z-
                  Jay
                  "Don't meddle with things you don't understand..."

1990 Accord LX- Maroon w/Raspberry pearl. Daily driven: NOT a stay-at-home-bitch RIP 8/9/2006

Another Gen4 CB7 ryde in the works...

Ryde Syndicate... "If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense..."

Comment

Originally posted by Deevergote

Wow... When I first started reading that, I thought you were drunk! Until I started to understand both what it said, and what it was saying... That is so cool!
                    haha thats exactly what i thought too, and then i started reading it and was like whoa, i dont know why but i can understand the words and then finished reading it and was like oh....okay

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

Comment

lol im surprised someone other then me finds this interesting!

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
                      www.maketradefair.com

Comment

Working...
                      X