New springs on the way!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New springs on the way!

so i just ordered the Eibach sportline springs and they should be here this week sometime!! I'm not gunna put them on with the stock struts tho i'm gunna keep them in the box until i get some KYB agx's then gettin a camber kit(neuspeed i think) then i'll put it all on at once. I just gotta wait till i get some birthday money on the 23rd then i'm ordering the KYB's then the camber kit. anyways, this thread was kinda pointless, just excited that i'm actually getting to do stuff to my car because i've had a little extra money lately. anyways...later

congrats,,,

Comment

I got the sportlines too with ingalls balljoint camber kit and i love them !! Just need to get some koni yellow's and will be set. Btw my stock shocks did not last long, maybe 2 months. I dont really feel the difference with my stock steelies but with my 17's on it gets a lil crazy.. PS.. get an alignment asap..

Comment

Originally posted by Gettin_faster91
        I got the sportlines too with ingalls balljoint camber kit and i love them !! Just need to get some koni yellow's and will be set. Btw my stock shocks did not last long, maybe 2 months. I dont really feel the difference with my stock steelies but with my 17's on it gets a lil crazy.. PS.. get an alignment asap..
        yea i'm waiting till i get the new shocks and camber kit before i put anything on, gunna do it all at once. I work in a bodyshop and we do a lot of work with a mechanic down the street from the shop and he'll do an alignment for me for 45 bucks so i'm gunna have him do it as soon as i get everything on.

Comment

after a while its nice...but you usually want to go lower..i have kyb agx, eibach sportlines...and full ingalls camber kit all the way around...

you will like them for a while..then you will want to go lower..

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
            after a while its nice...but you usually want to go lower..i have kyb agx, eibach sportlines...and full ingalls camber kit all the way around...

you will like them for a while..then you will want to go lower..
            ehh...hopefully i'll be happy with these cuz at stock height i scrape as it is going into gas stations and stuff. for some reason, around where i live almost every entrance to a store or gas station is a big ass ramp thing and i always hit no matter how slow i try to go, so i'm trying to go as little as possible and still make a difference.

Comment

So, I know this thread is a little pointless, but I'm pretty excited and also bored. I just got these in the mail today and I will be ordering my kyb agx's once I get the money I made from selling my motorcycle(the next few days) then I'll be installing the new suspension.

Comment

I have sportlines on agx's as well

good choice I would say...shy of koni's of course

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                where you been, is something wrong?
                i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Good stuff...I wanted to get Sportlines+Illuminas, but I got a nice deal on Neuspeed Sports+Koni Yellows...

I'd spend the exta $50 and get Illuminas though...AGXs seem to raise the car a bit and the Illuminas have a better warrantee. Good luck w/whatever you choose.

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i was just going to say that, the sportlines are really nice springs, and i love the height ("just right"), but the AGXs would make them a little too high... itd probably put it higher than you want...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Well, I think if you had Neuspeed or H&R springs, you could definitely pull off AGX, since they keep the stock "rake" that the car had. however, when you go with the Sportlines, I've always noticed it seems the back is lower than the front, so you wouldn't want the AGX to show how that happens.

EDIT: I agree though than on stock wheels, the Sportlines look great. I swear they're more than a 1.8 drop though.

Comment

broken-in sportlines:

[img]http://www.****.com/pics/93ex/1.8_drop.jpg[/img]

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

would the illuminas be a good idea to get then? are they more expensive, or cheaper than agx's? (found some agx's courtesy of accord warrior for 250-ish) i still have not ordered them so i am still considering which struts to get. i want it to be lower but not if the ride quality will suffer much. thanx

Comment

Cheapest place for them is Ebay...the AGXs are like 300-320 shipped, Illuminas are like 360. Definitely worth the extra dinero from what I know about them; AGXs are the only adjustible shocks I've heard ever to blow, and KYB has a lame warrantee policy that voids under more than a 1.5" drop...

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                              Cheapest place for them is Ebay...the AGXs are like 300-320 shipped, Illuminas are like 360. Definitely worth the extra dinero from what I know about them; AGXs are the only adjustible shocks I've heard ever to blow, and KYB has a lame warrantee policy that voids under more than a 1.5" drop...
                              If you're paying 300 shipped for AGX, you haven't looked hard enough. I've never had any issues with mine. The only way I've heard of them blowing is whacking a pothole super super hard.

the Illuminas are probably better, but I have no complaints at all with my AGX.

Comment

Working...
                              X