Photographic Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photographic Memory

I was sitting here bored, should be in bed... and I was wondering how many other people have what I would call a photographic memory. The only things I seem to remember the best are directions/streets and stuff like that, but it just seems a bit weird how much I can actually picture. Unfortunately, it has never worked short term for tests or anything like that.

But for example, im 21... I used to live in Colorado for a few years, 1 year or a lil more near Denver, and 2 about up near Vail. I was only just able to walk... and then lived there until 2nd grade, so maybe 5 or 6. I actually havent been back to any of the places since then, but its weird how much I can still mentally see. Such as, I can picture the house I used to live in when I was maybe 1-3years old. Im talking... the floor plan, and where stuff was. Near vail where I lived from 3-5or6... I can remember the house, the whole layout of the streets of the subdivision, what roads I would take to go to school, to the stores, and in depth... about how far, what was all around the roads as far as houses, bridges, rivers, fields.

And from living in FL, and driving to MI and back quite a few times, and driving all around the state, if I have been on the road before, I can picture and remember where I went before, and like what was on the road, where roads are, gas stations etc.

Yeah, I really am that bored to type that all out, but I just wanted to see how many other people have those kinda issues.

hey man i know exactly what you mean man. i can remember everything from when i was little, the exact school layout, where tiny things would go and even what some colors things were. also if i go to a place once i can remember how to get there and how to get around. i went to kings dominion 2 years ago for the first time in about 10 years, but i still remembered how to get around the park, were all the rides are and even some of the kiosk around the park. it comes in handy alot, i wish i could just channel it for college test haha

Comment

Originally posted by birdman86
      it comes in handy alot, i wish i could just channel it for college test haha
      Yeah, never worked for me, but if you figure it out, lemme know.

But it is pretty funny when you visit somewhere you havent been in forever...literally, and you know exactly where you are going.

Comment

Short term memory powers woo woo! Semi-photographic for me, IMO that is, I can remember some places I've been to in great detail, but for others.... meh.

Comment

my parents never argue with me anymore when it comes to anything with memory because they know im usually right.

Comment

when it comes to my car I have a photographic memory..
            Hi, I'm Shippo and I have a problem. I keep buying CB7's.

Comment

i also have a photographic memory...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i have photographic memory too. its great but when it comes to memory on what i just heard, forget about it.

someone can be giving me directions one second, and i forget what they just said. it sucks

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i have a pretty good idea on where to drive in certain areas...kinda like how i navigated my way out of redwood city today.

i havent been to that place in months.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                    i have a pretty good idea on where to drive in certain areas...kinda like how i navigated my way out of redwood city today.

i havent been to that place in months.
                    this navigation thing is a male thing. its in the brain.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I have the same memories from my childhood, but ask me everything i did in one day, 3 days ago..and i cant tell you. Its cuz most of us...unless something traumatic happened, and in that case you'll either remember that event in great detail or wont remember a thing about it..will remember things from our young childhood, i.e. house layouts, neighborhoods, etc. Because your brain was still forming..it was literally a sponge, and those were the first houses/streets/layouts you ever saw/knew of. The older you get, the less space you have to remember things like that. You have to "forget" stuff to make room for newer, more important stuff, and it's up to your brain to decide what memorys stay and which should go. As adults/adolescents, we dont have time or need to remember things like what our new house looks like in detail, cuz we know its not important. But since those were your first memories, they should usually stick with you, if not your entire life, then a good majority of it.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

"I was wondering how many other people have what I would call a photographic memory"

I do. I can remember images from years ago but I have a hard time remembering text or words.

example=I cant remember your name, but I can remember your sig pic

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                        X