Question for ppl who dont race or go to the track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for ppl who dont race or go to the track

What makes you hook your car up performance wish? I know there has to be atleast a few people on here with tuned cars who dont really race or go to the track.

Originally posted by Mangudai
    What makes you hook your car up performance wish? I know there has to be atleast a few people on here with tuned cars who dont really race or go to the track.
    never really raced a day in my life

but honestly the only reason i never went to the track with my accord is because the closest one is 2.5 hours away..and if something were to break, its a long, expensive tow home

passion
    my love for technology
    making nothing into something
    to learn new things

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

never been to the track, and i dont really race, besides messing with people every once in a while on the highway. never ever spin my tires.

i do it because i like the car, and i hate going slow. i like being able to get going from a stop, instead of taking forever to accelerate. i also work on the car to tweak it to work how i want... thats why im content with just an h22 swap, without anything else serious done performance-wise... i spend a lot of time on getting the interior looking and working just how i want it.

i adore everything related to technology, mechanics, electronics, computers... cars are a mesh between all of my favorite tech aspects, so its a great canvas to play with and work on. its my car, my daily driver, and hopefully when im done im going to be happy with everything about it.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

passion
        my love for technology
        to learn new things
        diddo, plus you get to race cops.
        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33

but honestly the only reason i never went to the track with my accord is because the closest one is 2.5 hours away..and if something were to break, its a long, expensive tow home

passion
          my love for technology
          to learn new things

2 and a half hours!?

Comment

Originally posted by floored
            2 and a half hours!?
            yes..thats about how long it would take a tow truck driver to get from my house to epping new hampshire.

Comment

hah...bragging rights
              -being different @ car meets
              -want to fab up new shit
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

yes..thats about how long it would take a tow truck driver to get from my house to epping new hampshire.
                I was going to say Seekonk is right near your town but its an oval track but small as hell.

Better yet the second closest 'track', that long highway down to Horseneck lol.
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                  I was going to say Seekonk is right near your town but its an oval track but small as hell.

Better yet the second closest 'track', that long highway down to Horseneck lol.
                  haha. yeah, i wouldnt be caugh dead on the seekonk speedway track (at least not head to head against the stupid muscle car guys who dont give a shit if there car goes into the wall since they are all primered and beat to shit anyway). they like to run pretty cars off the track

Comment

Originally posted by Mangudai
                    a hobby IMO, although i use to frequent the track in my earlier days but not as important to do so anymore. having custom bodywork done, the performance aspect was done to compliment the overall look of the car as well.
                    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
                      a hobby IMO, although i use to frequent the track in my earlier days but not as important to do so anymore. having custom bodywork done, the performance aspect was done to compliment the overall look of the car as well.
                      off-topic, what track did u go to? I know you're in Queens like I am, just wondering. I'd be too ashamed to go with my stock car lol.

Comment

I know he used to race at Atco, down by me...

I've raced at Atco once, and Englishtown once. I plan on going back.

I DO race a few people on the street, but nothing arranged... just when I happen to line up against something good at a light, or on a clear stretch of highway...

I do it for the feeling. When you punch the gas and the car just goes, it puts a smile on my face. When the tach buries itself deep into the red, it's a lot of fun. Just knowing that I have something a bit better than people expect is a good feeling... and I'm too lazy to maintain a show car!

Comment

To know it's there if you need it...

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]

i do it because i like the car, and i hate going slow. i like being able to get going from a stop, instead of taking forever to accelerate. i also work on the car to tweak it to work how i want...
                            i adore everything related to technology, mechanics, electronics, computers... cars are a mesh between all of my favorite tech aspects, so its a great canvas to play with and work on. its my car, my daily driver, and hopefully when im done im going to be happy with everything about it.

passion
                            my love for technology
                            to learn new things
                            Pretty much it.. though I havnt done anything to this car yet.. still debating..

Comment

Working...
                            X