No announcement yet.

Is Honda tuning "out"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now a K would be interesting. Not many people seem to be doing K swaps yet. Too expensive, I guess.

Anyway, I was thinking that the H22 might cause the same handling problems with the older, smaller prelude as it does in the Civic. Though I believe the lude has a wider wheelbase, so I guess that wouldn't really be a problem.

Comment

I missed the sentence at the beginning... I thought you were yelling at everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Deevergote
        I missed the sentence at the beginning... I thought you were yelling at everyone
        yeah me too

im probably gonna get a 3rd gen prelude sometime in teh future, and when i do, i wouldnt mind swapping an h22 in. that would be hot having both a h22 accord and prelude. so anyone know for sure about swappign the h22 into the 3rd gen prelude? just a mounting kit a rewiring, but it prety much fits?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Is the trend dying? Maybe.. But that doesn't matter if you are an enthusiast. I modded my Honda because it's my car. If I had something else, I would modify that too. The reason why Honda tuning blew up in the early 90's was because Honda was producing some very stylish, economical, and fun to drive cars. With a large number of Hondas being sold, it was only natural that more aftermarket parts would be produced for them. That also meant that you would also eventually see a lot of Hondas tuned in poor taste.. That still didn't change that Hondas had advanced double wishbone suspensions that were nimble and with just the right amount of tuning, you could have a nicely put together car that could be a little more fun to drive. BMW killer?? Not likely, but still a respectable car. Don't forget that Honda has deep racing roots and that they have and still do make some of the industry's best 4 cyl engines, advanced suspensions, and slick manual transmissions.

If you can tastefully tune your car and keep it clean, you'll always get respect from enthusiasts no matter what kind of cars they are into. The older your car gets, the more exclusive it becomes too.

That said, I'm keepin' my car until the wheels fall off

Comment

Originally posted by Prez808
            That said, I'm keepin' my car until the wheels fall off
            put the wheels back on and keep it longer

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
              put the wheels back on and keep it longer
              Exactly. That's what forums like this are here for!!

Comment

Working...
              X