No announcement yet.

Saving water...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ I am now 10 I.Q. Points less than I was before reading that post...

I jest mang, I jest...

Well I guess it depends on where you live and how you were raised really. I was born in Alabama and raised for a good majority in Texas. We were gettin water conservation crap crammed down our throats so often that now I feel awkward when I'm doing something that supposedly wastes water. More often than not, I wash my car on the lawn. Why? Because it's killing two birds with one stone, and it caters to my laziness. But I've also noticed I become irritated with people who overshoot their sprinklers into the street. I mean, a little over is understandable, but some people just flat out don't care. And so my question is why? I think taking the extra 3 seconds out of your life to make sure your sprinkler stays in a relative area of your lawn isn't asking too much. The street doesn't need watering, so why!? I don't know. It's like I said, your upbringing can have a decisive throw in your opinion on water conservation. I'm not bashing anyone here, just throwing my opinion into the foray...
    Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
    D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

hmm... i think like 70% of the earths surface is water ..the only problem i see with desalinization plants is you have to move it from the coast lets say the east coast to somewhere like arkansa and points inbetween moving water great distances like that and the amount of water we consume is a major task. Maybe in the future as technology progresses we are going to do that...and i think we have to

if the government or local state wanted to crack down they could increase the price of water...this would drive consumption down but would be unpopular in the ballot box and they probably would make less money

blah blah blah..im not expert on this just some thoughts..

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgenaccord
        To answer your question simply. "WASTE" water (anything that goes down the drain and into the sewer) does not get recycled into "TAP" water.
        eventually it does

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I believe you're right in the filtering of the water. It takes energy to clean water. Making energy creates pollution. The more water we have to filter, the more energy we spend... therefore, the more pollution we create.

Plus, when the supply of purified water is low, conservation is important. I'm sure that the plants can't always keep up with the demand. And when their sources get low, problems arise. Water purification plants are stationary buildings. When the source for that plant runs low, they can't just pump it in from somewhere else!

Comment

Working...
          X