• Show
Clear All

Jiffy lube cheats you

http://www.nbc4.tv/video/9152183/detail.html

Is your mechanic cheating you?

Sorry if this is a repost, let me know and i'll delete it

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
    1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

thats true. i know people that used to work there downey, and belflower. sometimes they just get so busy the just pass it up. i've even heard about that ez lube was caught up doing that.

Originally posted by deevergote
    Yay. You're an asshole.

Comment

I heard about a guy who took a 350 Chevy van to a Jiffy Lube for an oil change and they drained his oil but didn't put any new oil back in it so he took off down the road and the rest is obvious.

Comment

they didnt refill my grandpa's new chrysler, motor seized on the way home. they ended up paying for everything, of course.

the jiffy lube by me has big windows in the lobby where you can watch them work on your car. do they all have that? back when i brought my corolla there, i never sat down, i watched them the whole time.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I believe the nearest one to my house has one of those windows.

Comment

...thats why i hate taking my car anywhere .....cause i feel that they will always run me for my money..........

Comment

yeah I go to this place locallly well havnt in a long time and id watch and they knew i was watching them... but yeah stupid people :-/

Comment

I do all my own work unless its something more specialized, but when thats the case if you do alot of work on your car you will get to know the people who run the more special shops (like machine shops, and such)
                Hi, I'm Shippo and I have a problem. I keep buying CB7's.

Comment

And when they do the work they have a habit of over-torquing the heck out of things...with the people they get i guess that's chalked up to learning on the job.
                  '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                  EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

there are 2 close by my house that have the big windows and as for over torquing my friend to his protege there to get the oil changed the first time when bought the car and then when he went to change it the next time he had to take it to get the bolt of cause neather of use could do it but i dunno they said they couldnt do an oil change on my car cause i have a dent in my oil pan but they filld the car with oil for free so it was a 50/50 thing guess at the time i didnt have much so im good but i will always watch
                    1990 CB7 *RIP*

Current-91 EX and 92 EX

Comment

Shit, whenever i tke my car to a shop I'm always in the work area supervising even when the managers says i cant stay there because of insurance purposes...i hate mechanics in general...most of them are crooks!
                      1993 Accord LX - Sold
                      93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                      92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                      2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerZZ
                        Shit, whenever i tke my car to a shop I'm always in the work area supervising even when the managers says i cant stay there because of insurance purposes...i hate mechanics in general...most of them are crooks!

well!...i hate to say but you should had "camp'd out" at the spot where they did your paint.......lmao...............j/k

i hate when my mom takes her car to be fix and they charge her a arm and a leg.......for the lil things....and she has a black cb7...........and i keep telling her not to take it to these places...BUT NO she doesn't listen.......

ITS LIKE TELLING A ROCK TO MOVE ON ITS OWN........parents are just as thick headed as their kids

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2AZUL
                          well!...i hate to say but you should had "camp'd out" at the spot where they did your paint.......lmao...............j/k

i hate when my mom takes her car to be fix and they charge her a arm and a leg.......for the lil things....and she has a black cb7...........and i keep telling her not to take it to these places...BUT NO she doesn't listen.......

ITS LIKE TELLING A ROCK TO MOVE ON ITS OWN........parents are just as thick headed as their kids
                          You right, i thought about but it wasnt possible at the time. Its fucked up cause its time to take it back in for repaint but my bro finally got a job and i have no one to take to work in the morning. i really want to rent some bullshit ford taurus for teh week.
                          1993 Accord LX - Sold
                          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

I used to change my own oil when I still lived in Oregon. My buddy had a nice shop behind his house that had everthing you needed. Since I've moved to Cali, I don't have a floor jack and other stuff I need. So I usually have to take it to an Economy lube place that rips you off. Plus they always, and I mean ALWAYS, overfill it!!! Even the Honda dealer did and you would think they would know better.
                            "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

I always do my own work on my own car.
                              Back when i was living with my girl, i had no possible place to do oil changes and other misc things.

I ended up always taking it to my mechanic. Shady Mofo always trying to get over on my then Civic. One time he forgot to tighten the oil filter...i drove all the way home with the oil light flickering. I stopped, and looked at the dipstick. Empty. Drove back asap and the ass said it was my fault ?!?!?!?!?

He refilled my car with oil and screwed on the oil filter correctly. Since then, i havent been back to him. I do all my work since I moved back home and have my garage fool of tools

One word of advice: always hang around, show your presense at the repair shop so the mechanics know you aint picking your noise reading last years playboy at the waiting room...

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
                              1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

Working...
                              X