Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discontinued Vehicles after 2006

Found this on MSN home page......

Some notable and well-known nameplates disappear after 2006 as carmakers decide to stop selling nearly a dozen models.

The Pontiac GTO is in its final year. Sales never reached the company's target of 18,000 a year.

Looking to move more upscale, Acura officials plan to end production of the slow-selling RSX. The RSX starts around $20,000 and is Acura's lowest-priced car.

Mazda is ending sales of its MPV minivan, which dates back to 1989. The carmaker now has other, newer vehicles that can appeal to shoppers looking for three rows of seats.

Ford Motor Co. has been slowly killing off its long-tenured Taurus, which was America's best-selling car in the 1990s. Its replacement sedans are the Ford Five Hundred and Ford Fusion.

As promised, Porsche officials wrapped up limited production of the 605-horsepower V10-powered Carrera GT. Only some 600 were sold in North America.

What do all these vehicles—Hummer H1, Pontiac GTO, Acura RSX, Volkswagen Phaeton, Ford GT, Ford Taurus, Mazda MPV, Porsche Carrera GT, Honda Insight and Lincoln LS—have in common?

This mix of coupes, sedans, an ultimate sport-utility vehicle and even a gasoline-electric hybrid are this year's "good-bye cars"—models that too few people wanted to buy, so carmakers are looking to wind down their sales. Or, maybe sales weren't the only problem. Some of these vehicles just didn't fit anymore with auto officials' business strategy.

Whatever the cause, these vehicles are in their waning months or, perhaps, weeks on dealer lots. So anyone who wants one had better get shopping. In many cases, these good-bye cars also can be "good buy cars" as dealers look to unload their remaining inventory......

Check out MSN home page for the rest of the article!

What you think about these cars that are discontinuing??
    1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

I think they're discontinuing the S2000...personally I don't care, it's not like the cars are gonna disappear off the face of the earth.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Too bad the Carerra GT had to go... I wouldn't expect a 1/2 million dollar car to sell more than 600 in the US. NSX is gone too, isn't it?
      -pax
      Seattle, WA

Comment

I dont drive one, and for the most part dont like most of them so no big deal.
        Hi, I'm Shippo and I have a problem. I keep buying CB7's.

Comment

Hummer H1, Pontiac GTO, Acura RSX, Volkswagen Phaeton, Ford GT, Ford Taurus, Mazda MPV, Porsche Carrera GT, Honda Insight and Lincoln LS

=

shit, shit, ehh, shit, shit, shit, shit, oh well, shit, shit.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
            Hummer H1, Pontiac GTO, Acura RSX, Volkswagen Phaeton, Ford GT, Ford Taurus, Mazda MPV, Porsche Carrera GT, Honda Insight and Lincoln LS

=

My thoughts exactly, also the Phaeton is a expensive piece of crap!
            1993 Accord LX - Sold
            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
              I think they're discontinuing the S2000...personally I don't care, it's not like the cars are gonna disappear off the face of the earth.
              I sure hope not, though I have heard rumors of this. I really want one! Don't ask me to explain why, I just do!

Originally posted by cp[mike]

=

LMAO!

I'm not gonna miss the MPV at all. There's about 10,000 of those damn things around my neighborhood. Apparently a group buy deal was in order
              Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
              D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
              ┴─┴
              ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

H1...it's a man's hummer. it's the only real hummer. they should still keep it, not like it costs them anything since they never change anything on it...you don't have to produce or sell a lot, but for the brand's sake and for sentimental value, it should not be canned.

GTO...who cares...it's just a big grand prix, and it's not fast. plus we didn't get it in canada anyway, so i won't notice the difference.

RSX....bad move...they sell like hotcakes...who cares about the acura image thing, it's a good car....(i dont' think this means the integra will stop elsewhere though, as it's still a honda and there is no badging status problem)

VW....they are sleek....but no one wants to pay that much for a volkswagen when you can get an A8 for like, 13$ more.

Fort GT....well that's a rare sports car...they're not expected to be selling volumes...keeping it LTD is the point.

Ford Taurus....all they did was change the name and redesign it...it's still the taurus at heart.

MPV had a good run, and has more or less just been replaced and updated with a new name.

Porsche....again, it's supposed to be rare, and it's a supercar...you don't see mclarens every day all day long or enzos....production and sales is not the point of cars like this. this and the for gt shouldn't be in this category of discontinuations...they're specialty cars.

Insight....who cares....if you're gonna get a hybrid, at least get a nice one...at this point there's normal cars available hybird.....camry, civic, accord etc....so there's no need for a fucking spaceship little shitbox.

LS...i unno bout down there....but i see tons of them around here, nice cars...nice rip off on styling of the previous gen BMW e39 5 series too...guess it's just too bland, but it's only been replaced, rebranded and redesigned...so it's still here.
                Last edited by DeathFromAbove; 05-16-2006, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Monkey
                  Poop
                  Vehicle

:P

Comment

IS300 is already done.
                    Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                    2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                    2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

S2k, Insight,RSX, I haven't herd that they are stoping production on those, they would have posted it on the Dealership message board, and I just checked and I didn't see them posted, nor did i read it in my Honda update I get via e-mail...
                      93 Accord- SOLD
                      94 Civic- F22a1 Swap, current DD

Comment

Originally posted by pax217
                        Too bad the Carerra GT had to go... I wouldn't expect a 1/2 million dollar car to sell more than 600 in the US. NSX is gone too, isn't it?
                        -pax
                        NSX, no they remade that car for the 2005 year..
                        <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Honda Insight, Honda's first Hybrid.
                          To me, it came, did its thing, and now its time to go.
                          Has been running strong since what, 00-01.
                          That was Honda's first test vehicle with their Hybrid engines.
                          From there they got the Civic and Accord Hybrids.
                          They were limited to beging with, so i dont really care if they stop making them.
                          Is it me or doesnt it look like an updated version of a CRX on like some Jetsons shit?

Acura RSX, Honda Integra.
                          They sold pretty good like their first 2 years.
                          Since then they havent been selling all that great, but they still sell.
                          I think Honda/Acura's real reason for stoppin production is because of that new
                          entry-level vehicle they got comming out this summer, the RDX.
                          Should be a pretty sweet car, Turbocharged AWD.
                          Im saying this right now, that car will only appeal to a certain genre in teh car market.
                          I dont think Daddy's little girl would want to roll around in that.
                          Those people that bought the RSX went for something that looked, CUTE.
                          They sure aint going to find it in that RDX.
                          I see slow sales ahead...

On that note, anybody up for a Group buy of an 06 RSX Type S??
                          Should come with alot of rebates and whatnot...

Comment

The Carrera GT and the Ford GT were both limited production cars from the very beginning. That is partly how they keep them rare. Both cars were pretty much sold out when the first one rolled off the line.

The RSX is dead. Reliable rumors from people inside Honda have been circulating for quite awhile now. The new Civic SI pretty much makes it obsolete, because it is the same performance for cheaper. Most people buying RSXs were buying them for this reason. They probably realized that for the luxury customer, most wanted to step up to the TSX, which was unavailable when the RSX debuted. The TSX sales have consistently gone up, and the RSX sales have consistently gone down. Now that the new Civic is on the market, and the RSX is approaching its 5 year complete makeover, Honda was faced with the choice to either redesign it, or cancel it. Sales probably didn't justify the several billion dollar redesign with the TSX and Civic SI on the market.

The only other one that I really care about is the H1. I agree that it is the only real Hummer. The rest...well they just give Hummers.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I think they should just rebadge the RSX to what it should be, the Honda Integra and sell it with the old Integra Type R nameplate too.
                              Gary A.K.A. Carter
                              [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Working...
                              X