Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to syphon fuel from a CB7? (need to get gas out of my DX and into my lawnmower!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to syphon fuel from a CB7? (need to get gas out of my DX and into my lawnmower!)

Gas is expensive! I have like 12 gallons of the stuff sitting in my wreck, and I don't want to waste it!

However, I don't want to start the flow with my mouth... a mouthful of gas is yucky at best, dangerous at worst! Does anyone know where to find a tool? Or maybe how to make one? I can't think of a way to do it effectively without spending more than the tank is worth...

drill a hole in the bottom of the tank? the car is totaled anyways . . . other than that, you can try using a vacuum cleaner for suction.
    -Mark-
    CB7
    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
      drill a hole in the bottom of the tank? the car is totaled anyways . . . other than that, you can try using a vacuum cleaner for suction.
      Isn't there a chance it'll spark if he drills into it? I know when I even drilled into my pedals there were sparks.

Comment

Vacuum cleaner, eh? Not a bad idea!

The tank has like 12 gallons left, and I have a 5 gallon container... so drilling a hole wouldn't be the best of ideas! That vacuum idea may work. {busting out the Dirt Devil}

Comment

There's a drain bolt on the bottom of the tank if you can get to it.

Otherwise, you need a long ass thin hose to sneak past the "anti-syphon" part of the fill tube and put some vac on it.

My Accord History:
          91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

yea, the spark thing is kinda tricky now that i think about it. I was just thinking how he was gonna hold 12 gallons of gas too. yea, that could be hard.
            -Mark-
            CB7
            CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
            Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Easiest way if you still have a battery in the car:

disconnect the hose feeding from the fuel filter from the fuel rail end. put it in a gas can. turn the key to pos. II to activate the fuel pump. fill it, pour into car, and repeat

Comment

vacuum cleaner! me an my friend syphoned gas that way from a jeep wrangler, once the flow is good it NEVER stops its a law of physics I guess. Oh BTW just make sure you pull out before it blows.
                My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

No not even I would drop the tank completely and just disconnect it and take a bucket and a hose drain it with your mouth and place the gas tank in a higher position than the bucket and let it drain. All these ideas you guys posted earlier that shit is scarey im in no hurry to meet the grim reaper. You guys must want deever to blow up big time

Comment

http://www.misterfixit.com/siphon.htm

Comment

Deev, i did this to jen's cavalier after it got hit, we just took the fuel line, put it in a gas can, turned on fuel pump, and we were good

think you know who i am, if not i'm chris, helped you and eric with mike's car last september

Comment

i did what TekSi said... even if there is no battery, the plug for the fuel pump is behind the back seat and you can use wires to connect the pins to a battery, itll run the pump and just cut/unscrew the line that originally ran under the car and put the end into a tank... when the container is full, cut power to the pump, drain the tank, then do it again...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Man, I forgot that was you, Chris! I figured it out when you said "jen"... and then I read further.

The battery is gone, as is all the wiring. I'd need to reconnect everything to do that.

I may just do what h22sparkle said. I mean, I'm parting the car anyway, who knows, someone might want a gas tank! I'll just hook it up in the trunk of my LX so I can have double the fuel

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                            Man, I forgot that was you, Chris! I figured it out when you said "jen"... and then I read further.

The battery is gone, as is all the wiring. I'd need to reconnect everything to do that.

I may just do what h22sparkle said. I mean, I'm parting the car anyway, who knows, someone might want a gas tank! I'll just hook it up in the trunk of my LX so I can have double the fuel

haha...but the extra weight...you'd get worse mileage, plus, you really wanna pay $60 to fill your tanks? it's just extra depression nobody wants

Comment

Man, I wish I paid $60 to fill two tanks about 3 weeks ago! Gas went up like 50 cents since! Last time I filled up, I paid $44 for 14.5 gallons of 93. Got 435 miles out of that 14.5 gallons though!

Comment

Working...
                              X