No announcement yet.

anyone live near a nice junkyard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Certifit... and a bit of a drive. You won't find a better deal.

Comment

97lude... ur PM box is full.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

thats where i got my grill and my 95 oem lip. the lip was 20 bucks
        cb7 sold
        2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
        95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
          97lude... ur PM box is full.
          thanks for letting me know, its empty now, PM me

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
          www.maketradefair.com

Comment

anybody want to send the lip? sure it can't be "too" much since it barely weighs anything..
            I just really want it! Post if you have one or know where you can get one for me, and how much

www.maketradefair.com

Comment

Originally posted by Deevergote
              Drive the 2 hours or so to Jersey and go to Certifit. I believe you could get a lip for like $18, and and the grill for about the same or less... brand new. I have a 5th gen lip (94-95) from there sitting right in front of me, going on tomorrow afternoon.

Certi-Fit Auto Body Parts
              9160 Pennsauken Highway
              Pennsauken, NJ 08110
              856-661-9500

I also got my hood there. They had it in stock, and it's perfect.

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...06459-cdbcf382

^ directions from Lancaster
              hmmm thats not that bad of drive for a good deal! You POSITIVE they'll have a lip for me in a week? I think i'll buy the grill from cpmike too

www.maketradefair.com

Comment

Give Certifit a call before you plan on going, and they're sure to have it. They had my hood in stock, and I believe the lip was there when Jay got it...

BTW, it looks great!

Comment

I live pretty close to there do u think that i can get a better deal there than any junkyard i own a 92 accord but like everyone else want a 90-91 grill. FOR SUM REASON MY CAR DOESNT HAVE A LOWER LIP, WHAT LIP LOOKS BEST THAT I CAN GET FROM THERE?
                  ALSO CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THE INSTALLATOIN PROCESS THANKS

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
                  Frost White Member 13
                  My Ride
                  "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

WHAT LIP IS THAT THAT YOU HAVE ON YOUR CAR 92ACCORDDX? IS THAT THE OEM ONE YOU BOUGHT OFF OF THEM?

Frost White Member 13
                    My Ride

Comment

he has a 5th gen 'mugen' lip. just out of curiosity, why does anyone want a 90-91 grill? personally I like my grill to fit...
                      HSHO #3

Comment

Originally posted by icedplaya123
                        I live pretty close to there do u think that i can get a better deal there than any junkyard i own a 92 accord but like everyone else want a 90-91 grill. FOR SUM REASON MY CAR DOESNT HAVE A LOWER LIP, WHAT LIP LOOKS BEST THAT I CAN GET FROM THERE?
                        ALSO CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THE INSTALLATOIN PROCESS THANKS
                        didn't know that everyone else wants a 90/91 grill. as 93accordex just said, why would you want a grill that doesn't fit?!?!

your car probably doesn't have a lower lip because it's a dx/lx and came that way, or it's an ex/se and the front lip was removed.

why would we know what lips the junkyard is going to have when you get there?!?!?!? they have what they have, and you either like it, or you don't.

check the "installation process" in the diy section and look for 5gen lips. it's not that hard, you just line up tabs to holes.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Eh, the installation process is a little different than that... Basically, you take your bumper off, position the lip to where you want it, and drill into your bumper. Screw the lip down in the center (where you want it to be, took me 3 tries, so I have 3 little holes). Then you can continue around drilling holes where there are holes in the lip. Screw it down (washers help) and you're set. Took me and Jay all of 10 minutes to do it.
                          I have a 5th gen lip on my car (the one Jay, 92accordDX, got from Certifit)

Like uncle_el said, who knows what kind of deal you're going to get... Hoewver, I would say getting a brand new lip for $20 is a better deal than getting a used one for $10 from a junk yard. I was lucky and got a gently used one for a trade

And uncle_el, I'm guessing his "everyone" just means that many people seem to want the 90-91 grill because it's easier to hollow out. It at least seems to be the thing to do in Jersey (all the 90-91 CB7s around here have theirs hollowed out... all those owned by people who customize their cars, anyway.) I think I'm one of the few that hasn't considered it. I like my H dammit!

Comment

grill fitment?

Howcome uncle_el sed that a 90-91 grill wont fit a 92-93 accord just curious
                            Last edited by icedplaya123; 03-21-2004, 12:55 AM.

Frost White Member 13
                            My Ride

Comment

it will it just wont look right until you have the headlights from that year so they line up right.but it will fit.if you gonna change anything around like that its best to just get the headlights from that year,the grill,and also the bumper.that way it looks like its supposed too.oh ya corner lights too.

Comment

90-91 grill on a 92accordDX. It doesn't fit perfrctly but it's close enough that you really can't tell. The corners come out slightly, that's about all.

Comment

Working...
                                X