Help Citation Maybe Maple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Citation Maybe Maple

Okay today coming home from school i was riding around with a buddy..

as i'm approaching the dudes house... i was cuttin thru a intersection when i see the state police turn behind me.. in that case he followed me for a mile and didn't say anything. well after i dropped my friend home i exit the block to enter the main street so i can go home.. next thing u know he pulls me over.. he was like can i see your license and registration. i was like "sure" may i ask why i'm being pulled over.. hes like don't worry when u hand me the license and registration i'll tell you.. well for one you have a modified exhaust and have no seatbelt. and then he walks back to his car.. 30 mins later.. came back.. was like mr. marcellus i'm giving you a citation.. he said to put my seatbelt.

now i said i was gonna pay it. but i called my insurance and said i got a citation for modified exhaust and seatbelt violation totalling up to 75.00 but then he said yea its 2 point on my license because its called "improper equipment" . now i want to appeal and need ideas on what to say or what to plead.. do i have to pay court fines? somebody give me the rundown on how this works..

I live in boston massachusetts
    http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

The seatbelt if you wasn't wearing it then you are guilty, that one is easy.

Now the modified exhaust what does your local laws say, did he say it was too loud or just write a ticket for seeing an aftermarket muffler? Might wana check and see if it has to meet requirements.
    Hi, I'm Shippo and I have a problem. I keep buying CB7's.

Comment

exactly.. he didn;t check any debcel or however u call it.. he just saw a big tip and wanted to pull me over.. the seatbelt okay he got me.. but i can always say i took it off when i pulled over and turn off the car..

but is there court cost.. if i lose what will happen... i got 20 days to pay so do i get a date and time before the 20 days?

Comment

been there done that...its mass, your guilty of the seatbelt so just pay that. the seatbelt shouldnt cause you to have a surcharge but the exhuast will....just remove it before the court date and get proof that its removed and they will only get your for the seatbelt...any aftermarket exhuast is illegal in mass.....if its non an oem replacement than its illegal.....doesnt matter how quiet it is. thats why im getting a stock exhuast from another honda...probably an rsx......good luck..mass sucks. your lucky you dont have tint.

Comment

okay first off this is why I hate mass More and more. The fucking staties are assholes, the whole state has fuckups living in it me as one of them. Now on to your answer. Sure the cop is a jackass for pulling you over for exhaust. Thousands of cars in Ma have exahaust and im sure they don't get hassled. It's all where you are at the right time when you get busted. It's retarded but that's how it is. And becuase your black.

Exhaust Ticket= Surcharges in Ma. You get 7 surcharges and you loose licnese for 60 days. That's how easy it is. 7 tickets= your fucked.
          Sure you bet your going to send it in and fight it. Just tell them your not aware that aftermarket exahust was illegal. Since Mustangs have it and never get hassled and Motorcycles are 50x louder then your exhaust. I say this everytime. But the last time I went in for a ticket they guy had my file and saw all the other exhaust tickets I had and asked why I had them all?.

You don't pay anything to fight it. When you go to court and say you dont like what the guy said. You can appeal it again. You have to pay eaither 25-50$ i forget how much it is for another court hearing. And that's the one where the officer will show up. If he does not then it's dropped and your on your away. Basically you wil win everytime 90%.

Seatbelt. Just pay it. It's not surchargeable. I got it and payed it becuase it's not loosing school/worktime to fight the 25$.

I would have told him you had a gun in the car.

Oh well Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
            okay first off this is why I hate mass More and more. The fucking staties are assholes, the whole state has fuckups living in it me as one of them. Now on to your answer. Sure the cop is a jackass for pulling you over for exhaust. Thousands of cars in Ma have exahaust and im sure they don't get hassled. It's all where you are at the right time when you get busted. It's retarded but that's how it is. And becuase your black.

Exhaust Ticket= Surcharges in Ma. You get 7 surcharges and you loose licnese for 60 days. That's how easy it is. 7 tickets= your fucked.
            Sure you bet your going to send it in and fight it. Just tell them your not aware that aftermarket exahust was illegal. Since Mustangs have it and never get hassled and Motorcycles are 50x louder then your exhaust. I say this everytime. But the last time I went in for a ticket they guy had my file and saw all the other exhaust tickets I had and asked why I had them all?.

You don't pay anything to fight it. When you go to court and say you dont like what the guy said. You can appeal it again. You have to pay eaither 25-50$ i forget how much it is for another court hearing. And that's the one where the officer will show up. If he does not then it's dropped and your on your away. Basically you wil win everytime 90%.

Seatbelt. Just pay it. It's not surchargeable. I got it and payed it becuase it's not loosing school/worktime to fight the 25$.

Oh well Hope this helps

Comment

can u find out about the seatbelt? i'm thinking about going to autozone tommorrow.. getting me the muffler end and keeping the catback pipes.

Comment

Originally posted by soon2bdropped
                can u find out about the seatbelt? i'm thinking about going to autozone tommorrow.. getting me the muffler end and keeping the catback pipes.
                just pay the seatbelt it wont cost you any points. just pay it.

Comment

i think its funny that the only person so far who has been able to answer the question 100% is maple, since consider the topic... never once in the past have i seen maple post a full response as educated and complete as this one.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                    i think its funny that the only person so far who has been able to answer the question 100% is maple, since consider the topic... never once in the past have i seen maple post a full response as educated and complete as this one.
                    lol so true

Comment

Basically you wil win everytime 90%.

is that on purpose?

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                        lmao.

Only Wayne would know this. Its his 'specialty'
                        Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Oh well Hope this helps
                          nice informative post Wayne. This should answer your question soon2bedropped.
                          Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

well shit i think i'm gonna just sell my car and just throw my license under the bed.. i seen the same cop today.. and i looked at him and he looked at me.. basicially either way he was looking at me.. so i drove normal.. seatbelt on.. using turn signals and all that good stuff.. he follows me for a mile to see any fuck up i've done.. as i pulled in my street.. i parked the car.. and started to get out to walk into my house. he goes like sir, get back in the car.. i'm thinkin to myself what did i do now.. he walks over.. License and registration please.. i said same cop pull me over huh as i muttered.. Statie was like what did you say. I said you pull me over yesterday in my acura integra for exhaust.. he was like is that you. i was like yes.. he was like what are those paper for in your car.. i said i made a photocopy of the citation and i mailed it to appeal. i said are you comming he was like yes.( I fucked up on my end, i wasn;t suppose to ask that, now hes going to make sure he come. Everybody said i shouldn't never asked that question). He goes whose car is this. I said its my fathers and my father said i can use it for the time being so i can go buy my muffler and have it put on. He goes well your gonna find it easily now because we've been yanking them off cars all week. Meaning hes stop tons of people.

Well i'm going to tell the judge he likes harrassing me and find any BS to ticket me.. he said you did well but you forgot to use your turn signal once when u turn. so i'm going to let you off with a verbal warning.

Well i seriously thinking that if i was on public transportation bus he would pull the bus driver and question me thats how much he likes doing his job.

Comment

He's probably a new guy. The 78thRTT just finished their FT about 3-4 weeks ago. 175 graduates. The 79thRTT just started last week=more newbies with a hardon for imports. Can't wait...
                              Bean Town Crew Member #3
                              Lovin' the 6MT w/ Nav TL!
                              "They Aint the REAL McCOY!"

Comment

Working...
                              X