Computer help needed: Intermittent buzzing/crackling sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mealsy
    Deevergote already said his phone was placed away from the computer. wlfpck might be onto something. When does the sound start?/Is it always the same program?
    Yeah, it's definitely NOT my phone. It only happens when I play media. The phone would do it to any active speaker. That's a definite no.

I've experienced the sound with Windows Media Player and Winamp. Those are really the only two programs I use. The volume in both IS all the way up, as well as on the overall Windows sound control. Maybe I can turn it down there and see if that helps.

The sound is the same with both Winamp and WMP. It's not constant, and it often makes a sound like a damaged file when it stops (slight stuttering skipping sound).

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
      Also, while you computer gurus are looking... I can't seem to stay online without resetting my cable modem every few minutes. The lights on the modem seem to show that it's working fine, but without a reset every now and then it just kicks me off. I feel like I'm back in my AOL days! Any suggestions there would be great too! I'm about to take this stupid modem (Terayon TJ715x) back to Comcast!
      call them and play dumb and complain, walk thru their steps... if you complain enough and they try all they can over the phone and it still doesnt work, they will usually send you a new modem

as for the crackling... plug in a diff set of speakers or a set of headphones for a while and see if it happens at all, then try reinstalling the actual SB card (screw that onboard noname shit), see if it happens... turn off the cell for a day, try to isolate it. try using realplayer for a couple hours instead of winamp. try "replacing" each thing related to playing audio, piece by piece... eventually youll hit the culprit...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I called Comcast once... well, Megan did... She put me on with them and they had me delete my cookies and clear my history. Whoopdeedoo! Yeah, that didn't work I think it's their modem. I've heard it's a horrible model.

And the crackling.. I'll try using the SB. That's probably it.

Comment

Working...
        X