CB Radio Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB Radio Question

Is anyone into...or has anyone taken one apart? I want one for my car since I do alot of highway driving by myself. I am getting ready to make a custom center console and was thinking it would be cool to take the face off of the cb radio, and put it in the console, and extend the wires to the guts of the radio that would be under the passenger seat. Is it doable? I wanted to try the same thing w/a radar detector, but that would be a pain in the butt since its all on the circuit board. I was wondering if the cb radios have a PITA circuitboard setup also.

thanks

Take it apart and look. Should be easy

Comment

I dont have one yet, but im just thinking I may just mount it to the pass. side of the dash, like next to the radio. If not there, I may put it where the stock cupholder goes.

Comment

most people mount it under the driver side dash, with the remote mic mounted up by the dimmer knob, or mount the unit sideways against the center console... it would be very cool to mount it under the stock radio where that DIN box is, or in place of the cupholder.

its definately possible to remove all the knobs and whatnot and mount them... but it really wouldnt look too good. having a bunch of knobs sticking out of the stock dash somewhere... it would look better as a whole original faceplate IMO.

and about the PITA circuitboard... im sure almost all of the switches and knobs are board mounted, and arent connected by wires. oooooold CB's were... but im sure you arent gonna be getting one of the ones that are encased in a wood box from the 60's... lol

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I have mine in the cup holder spot, fits pretty good too. I do also have a thing that will let me run the CB off my radio antenna, I wouldnt want a CB mast on my CB7

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

Working...
          X