Search Problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search Problems...

Ok, heres my prob. The search tool is really limited, like it wont let me search words with 3 or less letters:

The search term you specified (oil) is under the minimum word length (4) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.
    If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.

Theres lots of words that I would like/tried to search but it wont let me because of the letter count restriction. Has anyone else ever tried to do a search and then not be able to find some info, yea it sucks.

I guess my real reason for this is that maybe if enough people also run into this problem, then maybe the Mods/Admin can change it to 2 letters or remove the restricition altogether.

Thanks, Jay
    Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

i definately agree, i meant to tell steve, but i forgot... so many car things are shortened to 3 letters... H22, TPS, MAP, EGR, "oil pan" etc etc etc.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

do "oil*"

that works.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

you're all talking about letters though. i can only control the min/max number of WORDS allowed.

and as 'ztech said, try and pair up acronyms and 3-letter codes such as H22 with an asterisks.

the reason for the letter limiting is related to controlling the database size and activity.

Add asterisks (*) to use wild cards in your search (*bullet* matches vBulletin etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
          i definately agree, i meant to tell steve, but i forgot... so many car things are shortened to 3 letters... H22, TPS, MAP, EGR, "oil pan" etc etc etc.
          LED
          Adam - Retired OG member from '03
          2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
          2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
          2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerx
            Add asterisks (*) to use wild cards in your search (*bullet* matches vBulletin etc.)
            Thanks ATX and Ztech...guess I missed that part about the asterisks, but I really dont remember ever seeing that, its not on the search page is it? But thanks guys, that really helps out.

Jay
            Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

Working...
            X