Did I pay too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I pay too much?

I bought myself a 1990 Honda Accord DX coupe with a 5-speed about 170k miles on it. The tires have only seen like 10k miles, and the alloy rims are on it. I paid 500$ cash.

It needs washed, the normal wear and tear dents and dings on a 16 year old car fixed. I have to replace the fuel pump which is gonna cost me 100$ and the speedometer cable replace as it got lose from the clip and got damaged, it runs perfectly fine though. I will also have to recharge the A/C which I can do on my own. The car's interior is in good shape, no gross stains anywhere or major missing peices has a simi-nice CD player and speakers.

Did I get a good deal, or pay too much? Honda's aren't my specialty yet. The KBB value is 1k for fair, so I alteast know I paid under the the BB value.
    Hi, I'm Shippo and I have a problem. I keep buying CB7's.

You didn't pay too much, you actually got a pretty good deal on it. As far as the "speedometer cable" problem goes, our cars don't have speedo cables, we have speed sensors. Its an easy fix though, so you lucked out on the car.

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
      You didn't pay too much, you actually got a pretty good deal on it. As far as the "speedometer cable" problem goes, our cars don't have speedo cables, we have speed sensors. Its an easy fix though, so you lucked out on the car.

Ahh ok, I'm already planning a turbo setup. I haven't been this excited about a car in a long while.

Comment

No.

Comment

thats pretty dang cheap.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

That was a decent price

Comment

Yeah, no worries. You got a good deal on that bad boy.

Since you're planning on a turbo, you might want to think about dropping out the AC instead of recharging it. You'll save a lot of weight and do you really need AC? You'll be driving so fast you can afford to be air-cooled.
              - Ghosty
              WTB: MAP sensor (2+bar), IAT sensor, ECU & dizzy harness plugs... PM me!
              FS: coupe window rain guards, f22a6 intake & ex mani, cams, PT6 ECU, valve cover, dizzy caps, OEM fogs... PM me!

Comment

Well I'm debating on losing the A/C or not lol

This will be the first car I've had that it wasn't removed on, it would be nice to not just wind blow on me and have actual cold air. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Shippo
                  Well I'm debating on losing the A/C or not lol

This will be the first car I've had that it wasn't removed on, it would be nice to not just wind blow on me and have actual cold air. lol
                  if you got a sunroof there is a trick where you can crack the sunroof..and just the rear window..and it will suck cool air out the roof...and flow through the back window...way better than AC

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
                    if you got a sunroof there is a trick where you can crack the sunroof..and just the rear window..and it will suck cool air out the roof...and flow through the back window...way better than AC
                    i crack the driver window ~2", back passenger window halfway, and sunroof halfway. back window sucks air across both sides of my face, did that all last summer. once, only ONCE did i get the perfect combination of opening all 4 windows certain amounts so that it was a smooth breeze, blowing evenly all around me. it was beautiful. lol.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

nope no sunroof, I wasn't *that* lucky.

Comment

Working...
                      X